Sib for James wdyt short list (girls)

Hopefully finding out gender on [name]Wednesday[/name], but I suspect its a girl lol! Wdyt of my short list? What mn would go w/ our surname ([name]Nyx[/name])? [name]Love[/name] to hear your opinions/suggestions! These names, except [name]Adeline[/name] and Ehrhardt, are a departure for me since they aren’t family names, but I figure the family tree could always use new names!

[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Klea[/name]
[name]Duffy[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]

Mn considering - [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], and Ehrhardt. But, I don’t think the ‘n’ or ‘iss’ sounds are particularly good w/ our surname.

Thanks berries!

My favorites from your short list are 1) [name]Sylvie[/name], 2) [name]Lydia[/name], and 3) [name]Adeline[/name]. These three also work best with big brother [name]James[/name]’ name, in my opinion. I have reservations about [name]Adeline[/name] because of the repeating N sounds in [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Nyx[/name], and because there might be a pronunciation discrepancy. ([name]Ad[/name]-a-leen or [name]Ad[/name]-a-line?) From the names you’re considering, I’d choose [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Nyx[/name]. Other possible middles along the lines of [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] that work better with [name]Nyx[/name] might include
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] or
[name]Victoria[/name].
[name]Freya[/name] is pretty, but it sounds exotic next to [name]James[/name]. [name]Klea[/name] is pretty, but I prefer the spelling [name]Clea[/name]. Sorry, I really don’t care for [name]Duffy[/name].
I really like the name [name]James[/name] [name]Hamilton[/name], by the way. Congratulations and best wishes!

My favs from your list are [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Beatrice[/name]. Any of these would be great with [name]James[/name].

My favorites are [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], and [name]Beatrice[/name]. All would sound fantastic with [name]James[/name] and with your last name. The only one I’m strongly against is [name]Duffy[/name]… it sounds much too childish and nicknamey. I can’t picture it on a grown woman.

With [name]James[/name], I would use [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], or [name]Adeline[/name]. But, with [name]Nyx[/name], I would use [name]Lydia[/name] or [name]Sylvie[/name]. I’m not sure any of your middle names are ideal with [name]Nyx[/name], but you could do [name]Charlotte[/name] instead of [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Bea[/name] instead of [name]Beatrice[/name] in full.

[name]Do[/name] you want to try and find variants on family names? We might be able to help you…

Also, if you like [name]Duffy[/name], would you like [name]Buffy[/name]? It’s one of those old-school lesser-known [name]Elizabeth[/name] nicknames, and [name]James[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] are divine together. [name]Elizabeth[/name] “[name]Buffy[/name]” [name]Nyx[/name]? I could see that. :wink:

[name]Lemon[/name]

I am leaning toward [name]Sylvie[/name], but its a really close call.
I chose [name]Klea[/name] (instead of [name]Clea[/name]) for the Greek word “kleos”, which kind of means ‘one’s legacy of glory and honor’, which is a nice meaning for a name! There’s an aunt [name]Cleo[/name] in my husband’s family, so I don’t think he’d reject the name.
The meaning of [name]Duffy[/name] is ‘dark’, which is offputting, but I see it on a very spirited child who is creative and independant.
[name]Freya[/name], [name]Freya[/name], [name]Freya[/name]. I finally fell for the name after seeing “Any Human Heart” because [name]Matthew[/name] McFadden’s character loved her so much, it was palpable.
[name]Lydia[/name]- always a beautiful name in my eyes, and more mature than [name]Lyla[/name], which I had considered.
[name]Adeline[/name] ([name]Ad[/name]-a-lin)- my great grandmother’s name.
Ehrhardt-her mother’s maiden name.
[name]Beatrice[/name]-think [name]Dante[/name]'s embodiment of woman.
[name]Caroline[/name]-flows well, but I’m not attached.

So! Need a mn that doesn’t begin with a vowel, or end w/ a vowel or ‘N’ or ‘S’ and has 3 syllables? Hard to come by, and hard to find one I love! So, I’ll give on something. With [name]James[/name] I went with [name]Hamilton[/name] despite the ‘N’ ending. Sometimes you just gotta give in!

I can probably drop [name]Duffy[/name] off the list, but [name]Adeline[/name] stays, trailing [name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name]. Does [name]Adelyn[/name] sp look horrendous or does it solve pn issues?

Can anyone recommend anything that feels like [name]Beatrice[/name]? For example, [name]Patricia[/name] fits the bill for me, but I know that it doesn’t evoke in others what it does in me (old lady to most, [name]Roman[/name]/[name]Noble[/name] to me), and in the middle its not a problem but I dislike every nn for [name]Patricia[/name]!

Sorry, so long. Thanks again Berries! “She” (or he) is kicking so much this morning, I can’t help but be excited. :slight_smile:

[name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Adeline[/name] - lovely! And, no, don’t change [name]Adeline[/name]'s spelling. If anything, I think [name]Adelyn[/name] [name]Nyx[/name] is harder to say!

As for middle names that feel like [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Patricia[/name] really doesn’t to me. But, if you want something that feels like both [name]Patricia[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Patience[/name] does! And it’s got that quirky cute virtue vibe. But, it doesn’t have three syllables. Hm. You might try [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Amabel[/name], [name]Bryony[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Estella[/name], [name]Gwendolen[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Harriet[/name], Hosanna, [name]Isabel[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Violet[/name], or [name]Vivian[/name].

I think [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Nyx[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Nyx[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Nyx[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Nyx[/name], [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Nyx[/name], [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Nyx[/name], [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] [name]Nyx[/name], [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Estella[/name] [name]Nyx[/name], [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Nyx[/name], or [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Nyx[/name] might be nice.

[name]Lemon[/name]

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]!!! One of my short listed too :slight_smile:

not sure what i am having (finding out on the 25th)

I am struggling loads with Girls names,

I like:
[name]Lydia[/name], [name]Story[/name], and [name]Maggie[/name]

For boys i have loads!
I like:
[name]Dexter[/name], [name]Felix[/name], [name]Travis[/name], [name]Fraser[/name], [name]Blake[/name], [name]Flynn[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name] :slight_smile: xx

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]

Low and behold…on the sonogram today it looks like [name]James[/name] has a brother!