Sib Set

I have 3 kids; [name_m]Benton[/name_m] [name_m]Grover[/name_m], [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_u]Raven[/name_u] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I really thought we were done, but we’re considering having another baby. He or she will be at the least 8.5 years younger than our youngest child. If we go through with this, I really don’t want to stick with the accidental N ending theme we got stuck in. Would that be terrible to leave the last baby out? We named [name_u]Raven[/name_u] “Raven” because I wanted to name her “Azalea” and my sister convinced me I couldn’t leave her out of the theme. I honestly don’t love her name. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I also have 2 syllable, N ending first names. :person_facepalming:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite names currently are [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] for a boy, [name_f]Maple[/name_f] for a girl, and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] for either. There are a few N ending names I like too, but most are girl names and I’m really hoping for a boy.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalen[/name_f]
[name_u]Fern[/name_u]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Charleston[/name_u]

Opinions? Suggestions?

1 Like

I don’t think it would be terrible to leave the baby out of the -n endings, especially as it wasn’t intentional on your part.

It’s more important that they match stylistically, in which case I do think [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and [name_f]Maple[/name_f] fit well! Better than any of your other -n names, honestly, apart from [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] which fits the sisters nicely. [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] is cool and fits the vibe of the siblings but then you’d have two birds because of [name_u]Raven[/name_u] and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] - depends if you mind that.

I did have the same thought about [name_u]Raven[/name_u] and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]. That and they give off major [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] vibes. lol I don’t really mind though. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandpa’s name was awful and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] is a way of honoring him. He was born in [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u], loved [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u], and was a bit of a phoenix himself, always reinventing himself. [name_f]Maple[/name_f] too is an honor name. [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] I just really like.

1 Like

Haha - possibly true although that didn’t occur to me! I love the connection to your grandpa, that’s so lovely.

1 Like

I think it’s fine to use one without an N ending - most people probably won’t even notice - plus, [name_f]Maple[/name_f], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] mesh so perfectly in style that I wouldn’t even raise an eyebrow. [name_u]Fern[/name_u], [name_u]Dean[/name_u] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] are nice too.

With [name_m]Brenton[/name_m], [name_u]Raven[/name_u] and [name_f]Arwen[/name_f], I’ll throw in the suggestions of…

[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_f]Zelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Zadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Neva[/name_f]
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_f]Ismay[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Harlow[/name_u]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_u]Garnet[/name_u]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_u]Onyx[/name_u]
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_u]Maddox[/name_u]
[name_u]Evren[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_u]Cove[/name_u]
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Colman[/name_m]
[name_u]Lincoln[/name_u]
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
[name_m]Oslo[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Laszlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]

Thank you for the suggestions! I like [name_u]Fable[/name_u], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_u]Cleo[/name_u], and [name_m]Evander[/name_m]. I’d love to use [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], but it’s a big company around here. And [name_u]Evren[/name_u] was actually on my list for [name_u]Raven[/name_u]. I liked it more than [name_u]Raven[/name_u], but my husband vetoed it. Now I’m afraid it’s too similar to [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] and [name_u]Raven[/name_u]. We already mix their names up so often, we don’t need to add a third to the mix-ups.

1 Like

I wouldn’t notice the different ending especially with the age gap. I also really like [name_f]Maple[/name_f] and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]! Good luck with your decision.

1 Like

I don’t think they’d feel left out without an -n name — I think they’d feel more special (especially as the youngest) and happier to have a name their parents loved rather than a name chosen to fit an unintentional theme :slight_smile:

I also noticed that all of the names on your list have an e which your older kids have too. So that would be a nice connection between them even if they don’t all have the -n theme.

I love Maple and I think it goes really well with your other kids’ names, especially since the girls would all have five letter names. Benton, Arwen, Raven, & Maple is gorgeous, and Maple Gwendolyn would be fabulous if you’re looking for middle names.

Same with Jasper and Benton both being six letters. I really love Jasper with the others!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! First of all, you don’t have to follow the pattern at all in naming your children. Nevertheless, I really like your kids’ names.

How about…

[name_f]Cerise[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_u]Everley[/name_u]
[name_f]Kinsley[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilias[/name_f]
[name_u]Darby[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]

[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] (or Dash)
[name_u]Brett[/name_u]
[name_u]Hero[/name_u]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Reilly[/name_u]
[name_u]Fjord[/name_u]

I also adore [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_f]Maple[/name_f] and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] with your children’s names!

1 Like