Sibling for Benjamin

[name]Hi[/name] all,

[name]Love[/name] reading everyone’s suggestions. We are TTC #2 and our first is [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Ray[/name]. Wondering what you might add or nix from our current list for a brother or sister for [name]Ben[/name]. [name]Haven[/name]'t gotten to middle names yet but open to suggestions. I’m discovering I really like a 3 syllable first name and 1 syllable middle, but also open to 2 + 2. Thanks!!!

Boys:
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]

Girls:
[name]Abigail[/name] nn “[name]Abby[/name]”
[name]Elizabeth[/name] nn “[name]Libby[/name]”
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]

I love your names!! They’re just the same ones we’re thinking about. I already have a [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Wesley[/name] (he goes by [name]Benny[/name]) and we also have [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]. We like the classics. I am considering the following:
[name]Tabitha[/name] ([name]Tabby[/name])
[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Ellie[/name])
[name]Emilia[/name] ([name]Milly[/name] or [name]Millie[/name])
[name]Elizabeth[/name] ([name]Lizzy[/name], [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Libby[/name])
[name]Matilda[/name] ([name]Tilly[/name] or [name]Tillie[/name])

I am at a total loss for boy’s names, although I’d love to have a boy. I’ve got another 10 weeks before we have a gender ultrasound…so we’ll see.
So far I’ve thought of [name]Thelonious[/name] and [name]Phineas[/name]…but I’m not sure yet about either of them.

Good luck with TTC!! :slight_smile:

[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jeremy[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Philemon[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name]

[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]/[name]Rebekah[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Brigitta[/name]
[name]Kristina[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Jacinta[/name]/[name]Jacinda[/name]

Good luck!

Thanks for the great list of suggestions, I hadn’t considered [name]Philemon[/name]. In fact…I haven’t heard of it. Interesting.

First let me say you have great taste in names! [name]Benjamin[/name] is currently number one on my list.

Boys:
[name]Theodore[/name]- reminds me of the fat little chipmunk, and the oldest boy on the cosby show. But without the asociations, I thin kthe name is very handsom in itself.
[name]Gabriel[/name]- [name]Love[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]- Again, love. I love ‘[name]Andy[/name]’ for a nn.
[name]Nathaniel[/name]- Really really really love. Although I love the name [name]Nathan[/name] more, [name]Nathaniel[/name] is great too. And i like the literary link to nathaniel hawthorn. [name]LOVE[/name] nn [name]Nate[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]- Again ,the chipmunk comes to mind. Other than that, not a bad choice, but it’s probably my least favorite.

Girls:
[name]Abigail[/name] nn “[name]Abby[/name]”- [name]LOVE[/name] abby- so cute!
[name]Elizabeth[/name] nn “[name]Libby[/name]” - Like [name]Elizabeth[/name], don’t like [name]Libby[/name].
[name]Amelia[/name]- [name]Love[/name]. esp. nn [name]Mia[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name]- I knew a girl named [name]Jill[/name] who wasn’t the brightest. But otherwise, I love it
[name]Ramona[/name]- sounds like moan
[name]Juliet[/name]- [name]Love[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]- don’t like nn [name]Izzy[/name]

I would also suggest these names:

[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] [nn [name]Tommy[/name]]
[name]Lukas[/name] or [name]Luke[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name]
[name]Isaiah[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]

[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]

Let me know what you think!

Boys:
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]

[name]Benjamin[/name]‘s new brother or sister -
My faves on your boys’ list are
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]

Girls:
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]

My faves on your girls’ list are
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]

our almost 1 year old is named jillian, theodore is one of my absolute favorite boys names, also love theodore nick names. love your whole list, partial to jillian tho, my next favorite pic on your girls list would be elizabeth because i just love libby so much! it’s sounds very sweet, upbeat and friendly to me and elizabeth is just over all a very versatile name :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for everyone’s input! It’s so much fun to hear the associations people make with names as well as the impressions they get.

[name]Boston[/name]–Had to chuckle at your description of [name]Theodore[/name]! For that name, I love the nickname [name]Theo[/name], not at all a [name]Teddy[/name] fan. As far as [name]Andrew[/name], I love the nn [name]Drew[/name]. [name]Simon[/name] has been love of mine since #1, but dh is not a fan :frowning: Interestingly, I find that many people have strong opinions of [name]Simon[/name], either love it or hate it. I loved your suggestions of [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Malachi[/name], hadn’t considered [name]Malachi[/name] before. What are some cute nn?

Girls-- hadn’t thought of “moan” before–I’m guessing that could lead to some teasing on the schoolyard. I love nn [name]Libby[/name]–but dh has a bad association so that is probably out. I think [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Caroline[/name] are all OK…but not for me.

[name]Susan[/name]–thanks for picking out your faves, and kimberlyn–love the name [name]Jillian[/name], too!

Thanks!!

Fav Boy name:
[name]Nathaniel[/name]

Top Girls names:
[name]Isadora[/name]

From your list, I love [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Andrew[/name], or [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] as sib-sets!

And for girls, I love [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name],
and [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]!

Here are mn ideas:
[name]Andrew[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]

[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name]

[name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Theo[/name] :slight_smile: For [name]Malachi[/name] a good nickname would be [name]Kai[/name], or chi, [pronounced like it is at the end of the name] Spelt [name]Kai[/name], it is hawaiian and means [name]Ocean[/name], and is said the same way as the ‘[name]Chi[/name]’ part. Or just [name]Max[/name]. Also, [name]Thomas[/name] has been one of my favorites for a long time. I always thought [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Blue[/name] was cute, nn [name]Tommy[/name] [name]Blue[/name]. Maybe [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Simon[/name]? [name]Malachi[/name] [name]Simon[/name]? I think [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] is VERY handsom. [name]Malachi[/name] [name]Nathan[/name] is cute too :slight_smile: For girls… [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Natalia[/name]? I forgot to mention [name]Natalia[/name]. I think it is SO cute… and love the nn’s [name]Natty[/name] or [name]Tali[/name]. What do you think?

Thanks again…[name]Malachi[/name] is certainly growing on me and the nn [name]Kai[/name] is super cute. I think for girls…[name]Abby[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] are still stronger contenders.

[name]Happy[/name] to say we are no longer TTC :slight_smile: So keep any suggestions coming…

I love the name [name]Benjamin[/name] :slight_smile: As we consider names for our boy due in [name]May[/name] it’s would be a top contender except it’s my nephew’s name.

My DH’s name is [name]Timothy[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] that name. It might be on of my favorite boy names ever. It translates really well from a boy to a man and there are “cutey pie” nicknames for it as well as more serious ones, e.g. [name]Tim[/name]. I’ve also only ever known one other [name]Timothy[/name] so I think it’s a classic that is not too trendy right now.

As for girls’ names from your list, I do so love [name]Amelia[/name]. I know it’s super popular but it’s a gorgeous name.

Good luck and congrats!

First of all, I love your son’s name, [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Ray[/name]. So handsome! So as a sibling to [name]Benjamin[/name] I like any of your boys names, really. They all go very nicely. Although I think I like [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Simon[/name] with [name]Benjamin[/name] more than [name]Gabriel[/name]. [name]Gabriel[/name] just feels a little softer next to the very masculine [name]Benjamin[/name] in my opinion.

For girls, you have a lot of great choices there too! My favorites are [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]. The other names I just don’t feel ‘fit’ with [name]Benjamin[/name] quite as well.

Other suggestions:
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]/[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]/[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Max[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]

[name]Adrienne[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]/[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name]
[name]Danielle[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]/[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]/[name]Maggie[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]/[name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Thanks for more great suggestions. I think I will be adding [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], and [name]Thomas[/name] to the list of boys as well as [name]Audrey[/name] to the list of girls. Very nice :slight_smile:

What about [name]Sylvia[/name] nn [name]Sylvie[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Sylvia[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] would make a good sibset?