Sibling for Brigid

mischa - Thanks again for the ideas. I did go over the names on it, and for the most part, I have to agree with moxielove that we don’t want a very difficult name to pronounce. We do like the authentic names, but people have problems pronouncing even the simple stuff where I live (like I said, is [name]Brigid[/name] really that hard?). And I grew up having my name mispronounced about 3/4 of the time, so we are hoping for something slightly easier than some of these. However, several of the more mainstream names have been or still are on our lists, particularly on the boys list ([name]Cian[/name], [name]Ciaran[/name], and [name]Finnian[/name] for example).

Right now, DH and I are kind of at a standstill. I don’t really know for sure that we want an Irish name, but it seems like most of our names seem to be Irish right now! Not that I am against another Irish name at all. [name]Just[/name] trying to keep options open.

For boys, we are still looking at [name]Killian[/name] [name]John[/name] or [name]Cedric[/name] [name]John[/name] (yes, Irish I know!), with a possibility of Kerrick [name]John[/name] (thanks rollo!) or [name]Ansel[/name] [name]John[/name] as runners up. Although in my husband’s mind, [name]Killian[/name] or [name]Cedric[/name] are still the top choices. But he said he’ll think about them and we aren’t planning on deciding any name for sure until we meet the wee one.

For girls, we are a big mess still. :slight_smile: I guess I picked [name]Brigid[/name] (besides the Irish connection) because it was a well known (in its popular spelling anyway), but not very common name (I’ve never met a [name]Brigid[/name]/[name]Bridget[/name]/[name]Brigitte[/name]/etc.) and we like that it was kind of sweet, kind of spunky, and can age fairly well. I can’t seem to find any names that quite do that for me now. [name]Caitlin[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are probably my 2 fav names, but we know SO many baby Charlottes and the popularity of [name]Caitlin[/name] (even though I guess I really only personally know one) make me hesitate. I’m trying to revamp my lists a little bit, but like I said, any additional suggestions on the girl end of things would be appreciated.

Thanks all!

After searching the internet I discovered that there is a trinity of Irish saints namely [name]Brigid[/name], [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Brendan[/name], what a great sibset they would make.

I think another poster suggested [name]Patrick[/name] and I have to second it.

Of course I just love [name]Ronan[/name] and I am extra pleased that you love Kerrick too!

Surprisingly for me I found out that [name]Tara[/name] was an Irish saint, it doesn’t sound Irish to me.

[name]Do[/name] you like some of the virtue names like
[name]Abigail[/name]/Abigeal
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Honor[/name]
and
[name]Katherine[/name] means pure and its a lovely name
[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Brigid[/name] very nice
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Therese[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] in Irish is [name]Roisin[/name]
[name]Una[/name] = the English [name]Winifred[/name]
[name]Sinead[/name] = [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]= [name]Maire[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] = [name]Aoife[/name]

Girl combos

[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Roisin[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Sinead[/name] love both these names
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Maire[/name] [name]Rose[/name] very pretty I like [name]Brigid[/name] and [name]Maire[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Maire[/name]

best wishes

rollo

saramee - Thanks for the suggestions! For boys, I do like the name [name]Conner[/name], but it doesn’t work well with our last name (Bonner). [name]Don[/name]'t think we need a [name]Conner[/name] Bonner. :slight_smile: But we had talked about [name]Patrick[/name] (especially with [name]Killian[/name]) as a middle name at least if we would change our minds about using [name]John[/name] (family name).

rollo - We actually had talked about doing the major Irish saints thing at one point. I just like [name]Patrick[/name] better as middle name. [name]Ronan[/name] is another good option. I’ll have to talk that one over too. Too many n’s with Bonner as a last name though do you think?

[name]Hope[/name], [name]Honor[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Therese[/name], and [name]Una[/name], [name]Sinead[/name], and [name]Aoife[/name] are not so much to our taste. We can’t use [name]Eva[/name] due to our niece [name]Ava[/name], and [name]Katherine[/name] is a close friends name. I ran [name]Isla[/name] by DH a few weeks ago, and he said no then. But sometimes he has a habit of changing his mind on names, so I’ll run it by again. And I really like the spelling of [name]Maire[/name], but we have a neighbor and good friend named [name]Mary[/name]. I really do like it though, hmmmmm.

[name]Abigail[/name]/[name]Abigael[/name] - I’ve always liked, but just unsure with popularity around here
[name]Amelia[/name] - same as above
[name]Juliet[/name] - I like it and DH does okay too… but does it work with [name]Brigid[/name] very well?
[name]Caroline[/name] - I like the sound of [name]Caroline[/name] Bonner and [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Brigid[/name] as a sibset, but I have to decide if I can picture us with a little [name]Caroline[/name].
[name]Rose[/name] in Irish is [name]Roisin[/name] - undecided on this one
[name]Jane[/name] - I actually had thought about [name]Jane[/name] as a middle name option

Girl combos - My favorites of the list were [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] [name]Amelia[/name], but I would switch it to [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] because I think it goes a little better with our last name.

In addition to those above, this is a bit of my own list: (and not all of these are husband approved yet)

[name]Caitlin[/name] - still there although getting more and more unlikely
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] - love the possible nicknames, but not sure of the full name…
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]/[name]Isobel[/name] - but the [name]Isabella[/name] popularity again bothers me
[name]Kinley[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] - but would rather have it as a nickname
[name]Rosalie[/name] (both middle names of DH and myself are PN “[name]Lee[/name]” - his is [name]Lee[/name] and mine is [name]Leigh[/name] - so a -lie might be an option
[name]Sydney[/name]

I’m currently going BACK over name lists and doing more searches to see if I can dig up more names I like as well, especially since its been a couple years since I did it the last time. As of last night, my husband said he kind of liked [name]Camilla[/name]. I am liking it too, but not sure on what I would use for a middle. [name]Camilla[/name] [name]Jane[/name] Bonner? My other concern was that I’m unsure on the nicknames (not crazy about [name]Cami[/name] and unsure on [name]Millie[/name]). But I do like it as a full name.

Thanks for your time and ideas - they are truly appreciated!

best wishes,

rollo
PS I hope that you can decipher my answers in the above.

[name]Camilla[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is lovely, or what about [name]Camille[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]?

I was so hoping you would like [name]Darcy[/name] which is my favorite, but can’t use since my daughter’s last name is 2 syllables and ends in Y - it’s too matchy.

What about [name]Kiersten[/name]? or [name]Kirsten[/name]? [name]Kiersten[/name] and [name]Brigid[/name] go very well together.