Sibling for Clara

I’ve just found out I’m expecting a sibling for [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

Our surname is 3 syllables, starts with an S and ends in ‘ski’ - It’s Polish.
So we like names that are simple to spell and pronounce because they’ll spend their whole life spelling and pronouncing their surname to people!

For a boy I’d like something kind of classic, without being too dull. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are:

[name_m]William[/name_m] - family name
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u] - not so common here in UK
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - nn [name_m]Seb[/name_m] - any others?
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] - nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] - [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] might be a bit much with our surname
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] - nn [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m] - we like this but would love opinions

For a girl I’d like something sweet and that matches [name_f]Clara[/name_f]:

[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Mia[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] - our nn for this little bump!
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] - not as popular as [name_f]Eva[/name_f]?
[name_f]Mathilda[/name_f] - nn [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] - our favourite - What nn might arise?
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

Any other suggestions along these lines welcomed x

For boys - [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] are my faves with [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

For girls - [name_f]Mia[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] are my faves with [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

For boys : [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. (I also like [name_m]Nelson[/name_m]).

For girls : I love all of your girls names, esp [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] could be [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. (’[name_f]Ana[/name_f]’ also means ‘grace’, love the simplicity of the name. Perhaps too similar to [name_f]Clara[/name_f] though?).

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is my favourite name for my daughter to be! I think my name - [name_f]Freya[/name_f] - would go really well with a polish surname. It has a Scandinavian origin and means goddess of beauty. I’ve only had good comments when people hear it, which is really nice :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]Mason[/name_u] best from your boys list, and [name_f]Mia[/name_f] from your girls list.

Actually, i like [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] the best, but i think you should shy away from names that end in the same phonetic way as your surname. [name_m]Just[/name_m] my opinion, of course!

I like the rhythm of 2 syllable first names with your last name. [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], and mason from your list for a boy, and [name_f]Mia[/name_f], poppy, and elsie ([name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]) for the girl are my taste. Good luck!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

For a boy I like [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] with [name_f]Clara[/name_f].
For a girl: [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] or [name_f]Anna[/name_f].

[name_f]Molly[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] - lovely.

I like [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m].

For girls, I would suggest:
[name_f]Louise[/name_f], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] ("[name_f]Vivi[/name_f]"), [name_f]Ellen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], or [name_f]Lydia[/name_f].

For boys: [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] or [name_m]Daniel[/name_m].

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

[name_u]Theo[/name_u] or [name_f]Mathilda[/name_f] are perfection with [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. It doesn’t get much better.

[name_m]William[/name_m] - I like it but it’s a tad boring
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] - not really
[name_u]Mason[/name_u] - sounds very trendy
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - is beautiful with [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] - I don’t think I’d use an “official” nickname with [name_u]Theo[/name_u] since the name is so short but [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is by far my favourite with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and would be great if you had a longer surname
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] - would make the sibset very od and clunky, [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] would be sweet
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] - I like but not so much with [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m] - not a huge fan

[name_f]Grace[/name_f]- same as [name_m]William[/name_m], sweet but a bit boring
[name_f]Mia[/name_f] - too popular and short
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] - sweet nickname and I like it as a name but not that much with [name_f]Clara[/name_f], it aslo ends in the same sound as your surname
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] - not a big fan of three-letter names, they’re too short for me
[name_f]Mathilda[/name_f] - love this one, especially with [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] - a bit too cutsey with [name_f]Clara[/name_f], Elsie also ends in the same sound as your surname
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] - same as [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Mia[/name_f] plus it ends in the same sound as your surname

Personally I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] with [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] & [name_m]Elliott[/name_m]

[name_m]William[/name_m] - it’s okay
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] - goes really well with [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u] - goes really well with [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - I think siblings names should be around the same number of letters - too long
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] - too long for [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] - no not really
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] - no not really
[name_m]Hector[/name_m] - doesn’t go so well with [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] - goes really well with [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Mia[/name_f] - pretty name but doesn’t go so well with [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] - no not really
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] - it’s nice
[name_f]Mathilda[/name_f] - nn [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] - [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] is nice but [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is not my favorite
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] - our favourite - What nn might arise?
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] - it’s nice

Any other suggestions along these lines welcomed x

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] are really nice names that would go beautifully with [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

These are the ones I like with [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] - nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]

[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] ([name_f]Ellie[/name_f], CC, Lissy)

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite of yours for girls is [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. It goes really well with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] because they both have "a"s, but the "a"s have different sounds. Also they’re both classic and beautiful, and making a comeback.
I like [name_m]William[/name_m] or [name_u]Owen[/name_u] for boys. [name_m]William[/name_m] because it’s classic and regal like [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_u]Owen[/name_u] because it has two syllables and ends in “n,” which is trendy for boys, and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] ends in “a” which is trendy for girls. Also just because I love the names [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u].

And for suggestions, how about [name_m]Edgar[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], something with [name_m]Ed[/name_m]? [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]?
For girls: [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Maia[/name_f], [name_f]Diana[/name_f]?
I used to love the name [name_m]Hector[/name_m] because to me it sounded like it might refer to the number 6 (like hexagons or whatever) so if I had 6 kids the youngest would be named [name_m]Hector[/name_m].

Thanks for all your replies. It’s interesting that some people would shy away from a name that ends with the same sound as the surname - whereas others don’t mind.
When naming [name_f]Clara[/name_f] I avoided all the names like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] because of this, but this time round I’m not sure it matters?

I like [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] could also be called Seabass… we have friends who use that nn, which I am not too fond of.

With [name_f]Clara[/name_f] I like [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f] the best.

I also like [name_f]Eve[/name_f] a lot with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_m]William[/name_m] would be a great choice as well.