Sibling for Hannah Grace

I guess we kind of locked ourselves into tradtional when we named [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. We’re still very early in this pregnancy, so plenty of time, an I don’t know gender yet
Btw…Last name is [name]Mitchell[/name], my step daughter is [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]
Boy:
[name]Tanner[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] (not really traditional, does it fit? Like it alot!)
[name]John[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] (nn [name]Spence[/name])

Girl:
[name]Mallory[/name] [name]Leeann[/name] (not really traditional either)
[name]Mallorie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Mallorie[/name] [name]Jayne[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Leeann[/name] (very popular)
[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lila[/name] [name]Rose[/name], but I think [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] would fit better with [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. Of course I’m partial to [name]Rachel[/name], seeing that it’s my middle name…

Would you consider using another one-syllable middle name for [name]Rachel[/name] to go with [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Grace[/name]? [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Kate[/name] maybe? That way if you’re honoring a [name]Kathleen[/name] in the family, you can do it a little more creatively.

I know of a few Jewish families with [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Rachel[/name] in the same sibling set.

[name]Tanner[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] (not really traditional, does it fit? Like it alot!): For me, [name]Tanner[/name] doesn’t fit with [name]Hannah[/name] not only because of the style, but because the beginnings rhyme (Han and [name]Tan[/name]).

[name]John[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]: I think this is really handsome!

[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]: I prefer [name]John[/name] [name]Hudson[/name], because [name]Jonathan[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name] have similar ending sounds…

[name]Jacob[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]: [name]Jacob[/name] has been #1 in popular since what seems like the beginning of time, so it’s too overused for me.

[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] (nn [name]Spence[/name]): I like this, and think [name]Spencer[/name] is a great way to feel modern while still keeping true to the classic [name]Hannah[/name].

From your list, I vote for [name]John[/name] or [name]Spencer[/name] with [name]Hannah[/name].

Girl:
[name]Mallory[/name] [name]Leeann[/name] (not really traditional either): [name]Mallory[/name] means "unlucky, " which may or may not bother you, and [name]Leeann[/name] is really dated (which may or may not bother you).

[name]Mallorie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]: [name]Mallory[/name] (I’d personally stay away from [name]Malorie[/name]) [name]Rose[/name] is too R heavy for me, and [name]Rose[/name] is the #1 middle name for girls (which may or may not bother you)…

[name]Mallorie[/name] [name]Jayne[/name]: I’d personally stay away from the inventive spellings, because they’ll give your daughter a lifetime of having to correct people’s spelling, and to me, rob the names of their elegance. (But that’s just me!) I think [name]Mallory[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is pretty. :slight_smile:

[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Leeann[/name] (very popular): The L’s cancel each other out, so I’d avoid [name]Leeann[/name] here, too. I do think [name]Abigail[/name] works with [name]Hannah[/name], as long as you don’t mind its popularity.

[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]: This one is too dated to me, and I personally prefer your [name]Lila[/name] combo.

[name]Lila[/name] [name]Rose[/name]: I really love this, but I’d personally go with [name]Rosalie[/name] instead of [name]Rose[/name] due to its popularity.

From your list, I vote for [name]Lila[/name]! I think it’s really pretty…

Girls

[name]Audrey[/name] (popular, though)
[name]Amelia[/name] (ditto)
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]/[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

Boys:

[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] (nn [name]Finn[/name])
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]James[/name]/[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Simon[/name] (pretty M heavy with your last name, though)
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

I put some surnames above, because I do think that some surnames (like [name]Spencer[/name] and even [name]Hudson[/name], now that I think about it) sound fine with [name]Hannah[/name] because of its popularity. (Edited: to remove names that don’t work with [name]Mitchell[/name]…)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I guess we kind of locked ourselves into tradtional when we named [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. We’re still very early in this pregnancy, so plenty of time, an I don’t know gender yet
Btw…Last name is [name]Mitchell[/name], my step daughter is [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]

Boy:
[name]Tanner[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] - I really like this too, but I’m afraid of people accidentally saying “Hanner and [name]Tanner[/name]” or “[name]Hannah[/name] and Tannah”
[name]John[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] - like this
[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] - kind of a mouthful when you add in the last name
[name]Jacob[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] - popular (obviously), but goes very well with [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] (nn [name]Spence[/name]) - I think this is a good replacement for [name]Tanner[/name]

Girl:
[name]Mallory[/name] [name]Leeann[/name] - I think it’s fine with [name]Hannah[/name], but I don’t think [name]Leeann[/name] goes well with it. It’s too hard to say with the L and ‘ee’ sounds.
[name]Mallorie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - much better, although [name]Rose[/name] is popular as a mn
[name]Mallorie[/name] [name]Jayne[/name] - also better
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Leeann[/name] - Abigailean (i like flow, but this flows into one word too easily for me)
[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] - love [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - pretty name, not sure if it goes well with [name]Hannah[/name] though

What about [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Samantha[/name]?

Thanks, I love that you guys show me things I didn’t think about, but don’t like now that you mention it!
( ie: [name]Hannah[/name] and Tannah/Hanner and [name]Tanner[/name] - excellent point!)
Thanks Again!

For a boy :
[name]Tanner[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] - No, because of the rhyming problem.
[name]John[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] - A classic, just like [name]Hannah[/name].
[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] - I like this even more than [name]John[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]; I think it just fits perfectly.
[name]Jacob[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] - Goes brilliantly with [name]Hannah[/name]. Very popular, so avoid this if it is a problem for you, but still a very handsome, classic name. [name]Jake[/name]/Jakey are cute as a nn for a little boy, too.
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] (nn [name]Spence[/name]) - Quite nice, but not the most fitting or the handsomest out of your options, in my opinion.
My favourites : [name]Jonathon[/name] and [name]Jacob[/name].

For a Girl :
[name]Mallory[/name] [name]Leeann[/name] - To me, both [name]Mallory[/name] and [name]Leeann[/name] sound dated, and I think [name]Leeann[/name] sounds grating (also, there are too many double letters; it just isn’t easy on the eyes - that’s a very minor point, though). [name]Mallory[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name] has too much alliteration, too.
[name]Mallorie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - Again, too much alliteration, sounds dated … [name]Rose[/name] is gorgeous, but way too popular as a mn at the moment. You could always try a variation, though (e.g. [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Roseanna[/name]/[name]Rosanna[/name], [name]Primrose[/name], [name]Ambrosia[/name]).
[name]Mallorie[/name] [name]Jayne[/name] - I am very strongly against ‘yooneek’ spellings, and again I am not fond of [name]Mallorie[/name]/[name]Mallory[/name], however you spell it.
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Leeann[/name] - [name]Abigail[/name] is pretty, nn [name]Abbie[/name] or [name]Gail[/name], but I agree with [name]Jill[/name] about the l’s becoming tongue-twister-like.
[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] - [name]Kathleen[/name] sounds grating to me as well, and a little dated, but [name]Rachel[/name] is a classic, and I don’t think it is too popular at the moment.
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - [name]Ever[/name] so cute and pretty; see earlier for nice variations on [name]Rose[/name].
My favourite : [name]Lila[/name] Ros__, hands-down.

Why not give her a virtue middle name, to match [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Grace[/name]? I think it would be nice …
[name]Verity[/name], [name]Patience[/name], [name]Prudence[/name], [name]Modesty[/name], [name]Chastity[/name] (probably best to avoid this one), [name]Charity[/name], [name]Hope[/name], [name]Faith[/name], [name]Honor[/name], [name]Mercy[/name], [name]Serenity[/name]/[name]Serena[/name], [name]Amity[/name].

My favourites to go with [name]Hannah[/name] from [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestions :

Girls :
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name].

Boys:
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name].

I think all of these would work well with both your surname and [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. Good luck!

I like [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. Are you interested in staying with biblical names?

Girls:
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Adah[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]

Boys:
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Simeon[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]

I like [name]Adah[/name], [name]Miriam[/name] and [name]Esther[/name] best to go with [name]Hannah[/name]. Cute middle names to compliment [name]Grace[/name] could be [name]Faith[/name], [name]Joy[/name], [name]Hope[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Eve[/name]… One syllable names would work well.

None biblical but still traditional names to go with [name]Hannah[/name]:
Girls:
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]

Boys:
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Max[/name] ([name]Maxwell[/name])
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]