Sibling for Leon and Scarlett

Fellow Nameberrians, please help! Expecting [name_u]Baby[/name_u] #3 but don’t know the gender just yet. We have [name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (so prone to hip first names and classic middle ones). [name_m]Just[/name_m] to give an idea - we like the [name_m]German[/name_m] vibes, so some of the options for boy were [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_u]Max[/name_u], [name_m]Bjorn[/name_m], [name_m]Lorenz[/name_m] or [name_m]Moritz[/name_m]. As for the girl - no idea. The only two names that my husband likes so far are [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] (this one being his fav one of the two), and, frankly, quite far away from [name_m]German[/name_m] names.

We’d also like to have some logic in the names, i.e. [name_m]Leon[/name_m] (meaning lion), [name_m]Bjorn[/name_m] (meaning bear), [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] (meaning colour - although technically that would be with one “t” or a book heroine) and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]/Violet (colours). Also, not sure if it’s a good idea to, let’s say, name all the boys starting with “L” and girls with “S”? Or twist it around, so, for example, it’s [name_m]Leon[/name_m] (boy), [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] (girl), [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] (girl, starting with L), [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] (boy, starting with S)? We’d also want the girl’s name to end with a consonant instead of a vowel.

So…
[name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_m]Bjorn[/name_m]?
[name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_u]Finn[/name_u]?
[name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]?
[name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_m]Moritz[/name_m]?
[name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]?
[name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]?

Please help! :sweat_smile:

I love [name_m]Bjorn[/name_m], but it gives me a different vibe. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites with your sibset are [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a close runner up.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response! [name_f]My[/name_f] only fear with [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is that “scar” is getting a bit repetitive, being in both [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]

1 Like

Oh, that’s so true! I totally missed that! In that case, [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] would be my favorites!

2 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate the responsiveness :tulip:

I think [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] are perfect with your kiddos! [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]; [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]; both feel like great sibsets to me. I see what you mean about creating a connection between the names, but personally I wouldn’t confine yourself to repeating certain initials unless that still allows you to choose your favorite names. To me, [name_u]Finn[/name_u] ties in perfectly because it shares [name_m]Leon[/name_m]'s four-letter, “n” ending format and sounds similar to a nature-y word, just like [name_m]Leon[/name_m]; and it shares [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]'s modern-yet-grounded, lively feeling. And I really love how [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] picks up on the nature connection of [name_m]Leon[/name_m] and the color connection of [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. To me, these names are connected just the right amount! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My favorites from your sibset is [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].

Have you thought of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] for a girl or [name_m]Levin[/name_m] for a boy. I like [name_m]Levin[/name_m] and it has the benefit of the NN [name_u]Levi[/name_u]. I also adore [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] for a boy. It’s an old name that sounds fresh again.

2 Likes

Thank you for an elaborate answer, you validated some points that I had in my mind as well! :sunflower:

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions! Thought about [name_f]Margot[/name_f], but to me it sounds a bit…unfinished? When pronounced. [name_m]Levin[/name_m] is an option, thanks!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] for your sibset!

1 Like

Thank you! [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is a bit repetitive with “scar” though :pensive:

Oh yes I didn’t think of that! I feel like maybe [name_m]Henry[/name_m] would fit nicely with your kids names! Or maybe [name_m]Otto[/name_m] if you want an “O” name?

2 Likes

Maybe, [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is a good option, thank you! Not a fan of [name_m]Otto[/name_m], but [name_m]Henry[/name_m] sounds nice

Oscar and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] are my favorites

Leon, [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], & _______:

Magnolia
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u]
[name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Marnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Marlena[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f] “[name_f]Molly[/name_f]”
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]

Otto
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Rocco[/name_u]
[name_m]Nero[/name_m]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_u]Tully[/name_u]
[name_m]Malcom[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Johan[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_m]Harlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u]
[name_m]Boden[/name_m] “[name_u]Bo[/name_u]/Bode”
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]”
[name_m]Ansel[/name_m]
[name_m]Bernard[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Brandt[/name_m]
[name_m]Carsten[/name_m]
[name_m]Dwight[/name_m]
[name_m]Edsel[/name_m]
[name_m]Friedrich[/name_m]
[name_m]Franz[/name_m]
[name_m]Gunnar[/name_m]
[name_m]Fritz[/name_m]
[name_m]Kiefer[/name_m]
[name_m]Luther[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Mathis[/name_m]
[name_m]Marx[/name_m]
[name_m]Walden[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilhelm[/name_m]
[name_u]Ziggy[/name_u]

Compliments to you on your name choices for your older son and daughter! Their names are wonderful, and you will make a great choice this time around as well. I get the feeling you might be attempting to meet too many preferences at once. I can see about five criteria in your post and it seems a bit overwhelming. I’d suggest prioritising just one or two of these at first. Then narrowing it down if you need once you’ve got a short list you’re both happy with. If there’s a pattern or connection to sibling names, great. If not, it’s still going to be a great name.

I’ll make some suggestions that I think sound terrific with [name_m]Leon[/name_m] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], but they might not meet every preference. I’m focusing on names that feel tailored and grounded with a touch of character.

For boys: [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Roger[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_m]Dominic[/name_m], [name_m]Pearce[/name_m], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], [name_u]Miles[/name_u], [name_u]Dane[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_m]Truman[/name_m], [name_u]Nico[/name_u], [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]Julian[/name_u]

For girls: [name_u]Marion[/name_u], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_u]Simone[/name_u], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Paige[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f]

2 Likes

I agree with those who liked [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_m]Moritz[/name_m] and specially [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]. I really dislike [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], in my language and country it would sound a bit ridiculous, maybe it’s just that I never heard of it before and it gets time. I love similar names like [name_u]Marion[/name_u], [name_u]Marian[/name_u], [name_f]Margot[/name_f].

1 Like

Finn or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you so much for an extensive answer, we will certainly take your suggestions into considerations! Some very good options in there❤️

Thank you for your response! [name_f]May[/name_f] I ask, what country are you from?