Sibling for Penelope

What name would YOU chose from your list?

From my list?
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]

[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name])
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]

I really like all of them, but I think [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] go best with [name]Penelope[/name]. [name]Ada[/name]'s shortness seems a little mismatched with [name]Penelope[/name], but they fit well stylistically. [name]Eleanor[/name] is great, but it sort of bothers me that they can both shorten to [name]Elle[/name]/[name]Nell[/name]-- do you call [name]Penelope[/name] by a nickname? [name]Cecilia[/name] is also lovely, but it’s a little frilly with [name]Penelope[/name]. [name]Luca[/name] is a sort of culturally jarring with [name]Penelope[/name]… maybe that’s just me. [name]Jonah[/name] is very nice, though not my personal favorite. [name]Gabriel[/name] is great with [name]Penelope[/name], but [name]Miles[/name] is even better, I think. It’s a great list, overall-- you can’t really go wrong.

[name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name] both are stunning seperately and with [name]Penelope[/name]! I love [name]Eleanor[/name], too, but it is getting popular and more importantly, shares a prominent [name]EL[/name] sound with [name]Penelope[/name] - I worry that it would make a third daughter’s name seem incongruent by accidentally creating a theme.

[name]Nora[/name] is sweet and simple vintage perfection, though - [name]Lenore[/name]/a, and even more so [name]Annora[/name], [name]Honora[/name], [name]Honoria[/name] and [name]Honorine[/name] all allow for the [name]Nora[/name] nickname without containing that [name]EL[/name] sound.

[name]Ada[/name] is pretty, but so close to the epidemically popular [name]Ava[/name], and also significantly shorter than [name]Penelope[/name].

As for the boys, I pick [name]Miles[/name] style-wise, but ideally I’d use something longer … [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Caspian[/name] or [name]Edward[/name] all spring to mind.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

I have a [name]Penelope[/name] too. Her sister is [name]Scarlett[/name].

From your list:
[name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] are my favs. I’m considering [name]Eleanor[/name] for one of the twins I’m carrying. I know some here are saying [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] may be too close, but I’ve really thought it through and I don’t think it’s a problem. My [name]Penelope[/name] goes by [name]Penny[/name] and I’d call [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Ella[/name].

Of your boys names, I like [name]Gabriel[/name] best!

Thanks for the input. I usually call her [name]Penelope[/name], sometimes [name]Penny[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Pen[/name].