Sibling for Tobin

Although, we aren’t planning to have another for awhile, I’m already playing around with different options. My list for our son was very lengthy, but when my husband looked through the names, he of course, picked out my least favorite. So, I gave him my “[name]Baby[/name] Name [name]Wizard[/name]” book and told him to have at it. One of his first choices was [name]Tobin[/name] (nn [name]Toby[/name]) which was very similar to one of my favorite’s [name]Tobias[/name]- so I jumped on it. Now, we have our [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Clark[/name] who is a VERY rambuctious 16 month old.

I was so ecstatic that he actually picked out a name like that, that I failed to make sibling lists then. I am now confused with what style/look I should be going for. This time, I’m only going to give him lists of names I absolutely love to choose from. I don’t really know where to start though.

Some of my favorites are:

[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]

[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Margo[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]

Boys names must have a nickname built in (rule of the husband). And I’m not wild about matchy names like [name]Tobin[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name] being first names since they both end in the -in spelling and sound.

I was just hoping all of you would have some either suggestions or opinions as to which type I could look for from here. Thanks!

[name]Hi[/name]!

Let me start with some boy names I’d pair with [name]Tobin[/name] “[name]Toby[/name],” okay?

[name]Abbott[/name] “[name]Abe[/name]”
[name]Asher[/name] “[name]Ashe[/name]”
[name]Bartlett[/name] “[name]Bart[/name]”
[name]Daniel[/name] “[name]Dan[/name]”
[name]Gabriel[/name] “[name]Gabe[/name]”
[name]Micah[/name] “Mic”
[name]Nathaniel[/name] “[name]Nate[/name]”
[name]Samson[/name] “[name]Sam[/name]”

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

My vote is for [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name]. They flow perfectly with [name]Tobin[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name]- I actually like a lot of your suggestions. I know two Ashers though, I teach a girl named [name]Gabriel[/name] (never thought this one would be unisex when they have [name]Gabrielle[/name] and even [name]Gabriella[/name]- but whatever), and [name]Nathaniel[/name] is an ex. Otherwise, all three would be on my list. I hadn’t thought of [name]Abbott[/name] and [name]Micah[/name] though, and I really like those.

And thanks. [name]Everett[/name] concerns me only because of the nn. [name]Ever[/name] sounds girlish, and [name]Rhett[/name]- not sure if I can sell the hubby on this Gone with the Wind esque name. And [name]Daphne[/name]- she’s almost a shoe in. Hubby loves it!

My favorites are [name]Graham[/name] and [name]Sullivan[/name] for boys. I think [name]Graham[/name] is such a cute name and it works well with [name]Tobin[/name]. I also like that if you used [name]Sullivan[/name] you’d have [name]Toby[/name] and [name]Sully[/name].

The name [name]Daphne[/name] has really been growing on me lately, it’s a great name. I like it with [name]Tobin[/name]. [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are really pretty too.

[name]Everett[/name]- This goes so great with [name]Tobin[/name]. NN: [name]Rhet[/name]? I’m unsure about nns for this. But I love it a lot!
[name]Lincoln[/name]- One of my favourites. [name]Linc[/name] is a great nn. I don’t like how they both end in N though… and I’m thinking might agree a bit.
[name]Graham[/name]- I’m not a huge fan. Its nice though.
[name]Sullivan[/name]- Very cute. A but matchy though. Especially with [name]Toby[/name] and [name]Sully[/name]…?
[name]Griffin[/name]- I love this despite the -in endings…
[name]Silas[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] this with [name]Tobin[/name]. Also unsure of nicknames though…

[name]Daphne[/name]- Goes great! [name]Unique[/name] and cute!
[name]Margo[/name]- I love this! [name]Toby[/name] and [name]Margo[/name] sound so cute together.
[name]Esme[/name]- I don’t love this.
[name]Beatrice[/name]- I love this, but it doesn’t go so great…
[name]Violet[/name]- Goes great with [name]Tobin[/name]/[name]Toby[/name]!
[name]Rose[/name]- I don’t like this with [name]Tobin[/name]/[name]Toby[/name].

My favourites:
[name]Tobin[/name] & [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name] & [name]Margo[/name]

:slight_smile:

[name]Everett[/name]- Great with [name]Tobin[/name], and [name]Toby[/name] and [name]Rhett[/name] work really well!
[name]Lincoln[/name]- Works well with [name]Tobin[/name], but ends the same.
[name]Graham[/name]- Good with [name]Tobin[/name], but I can’t think of a nickname. [name]Gray[/name]?
[name]Sullivan[/name]- Ends the same…
[name]Griffin[/name]- I wouldn’t use [name]Griffin[/name] with [name]Tobin[/name] because they end the same.
[name]Silas[/name]- Same with [name]Graham[/name]. Maybe [name]Si[/name] (pronounced like “sigh”) as a nn?

[name]Daphne[/name]- [name]Love[/name]! Good with [name]Tobin[/name], too.
[name]Margo[/name]- Prefer [name]Margot[/name] spelling, but [name]Margo[/name] is easier to pronounce.
[name]Esme[/name]- Great with [name]Tobin[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]- I love it, but I think it’s style doesn’t match [name]Tobin[/name].
[name]Violet[/name]- Too popular with [name]Tobin[/name]…
[name]Rose[/name]- The first syllables of [name]Tobin[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] rhyme.

I’ll vote for [name]Everett[/name] for a boy and [name]Daphne[/name] or [name]Esme[/name] for a girl.

I love [name]Graham[/name] with [name]Tobin[/name], too bad there is no nickname. I really like [name]Griffin[/name] too. [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Tobin[/name] sound great together.
More ideas-
[name]Abram[/name]- [name]Abe[/name], [name]Bram[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]- [name]Ike[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]- [name]Dash[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]- [name]Ben[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]- [name]Mac[/name]
[name]Campbell[/name]- [name]Cam[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]- [name]Cal[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]- [name]Nic[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]-[name]Eli[/name]