Sibling for West!

I am very newly pregnant (thrilled to bits!), but of course I have been considering what I would name a second child before my first was even born. With the help of a friend with fantastic name taste (ahem, namegoddess! ;o) I have been able to narrow my list down, but now I am S-T-U-C-K and would love love your opinions and suggestions. Here we go:

My son is Manton [name]West[/name] [name]Bo[/name] _____. He goes by [name]West[/name]. Manton is a big family name, [name]Bo[/name] is my huz. Our last name starts with an F and is one syllable. Kind of sounds like [name]Finch[/name]. (But cooler ;o)

We don’t find out the sex so I will need two names. My maiden name is [name]Willoughby[/name] and I’d like to use that for a boy somewhere. We also use two middle names.

For a boy I am considering:
[name]Wilder[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Robert[/name] (family name) F____ - [name]Wilder[/name]
[name]Wilder[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Roscoe[/name] F_____ - [name]Wilder[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Robert[/name]/[name]Roscoe[/name] F_____ - [name]Brodie[/name]/[name]Brodey[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Piers[/name] [name]Roscoe[/name] F____ - I adore this, but I am kind of stuck on [name]Wilder[/name] I think…

For a girl it gets a little harder for me. My middle names, after both of my grandmothers, are [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name]. I had always wanted to use [name]Isabel[/name] nn [name]Isi[/name], but with the popularity of [name]Isabella[/name] I just can’t bring myself to use it anymore. Sad. But I don’t want her to be the 4th [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabella[/name] in her class. I would still like to use both [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name] in a girl’s name though.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the nickname Sessa, and had originally thought of:
Sessilee [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] F____ - Sessa
However namegoddess made the great suggestion that Sessa could be used as a nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name], maybe even [name]Isabel[/name], as well.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Greyson[/name] F____ - Sessa
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Greyson[/name] F____ - Sessa
[name]Elisabetta[/name] was also an option for Sessa, but I am not sure if I want to change [name]Elizabeth[/name] to [name]Elisabetta[/name] since [name]Elizabeth[/name] has been used for three generations so far.

I also adore the name Mazarine, but the nn [name]Maisie[/name] is a bit too sugary sweet for me. What about [name]Moxie[/name] as a nickname for Mazarine?
Mazarine [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] F____ - [name]Moxie[/name]
Too much of a stretch? [name]Magnolia[/name] nn [name]Moxie[/name]? Kind of stuck for suggestions on this one. [name]Marguerite[/name] nn [name]Moxie[/name]? [name]Marguerite[/name] is family.

[name]Adelaide[/name] is a huge family name, but it is SO overused in our fam. If there is a creative nickname other than [name]Addy[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ella[/name], Lady, [name]Delia[/name], [name]Adelle[/name], I could consider it…do share! Still it’s not one of my faves.

And last but not least, [name]Petra[/name]. I looooove [name]Petra[/name]! I had thought of trying [name]Petrina[/name], but I prefer just [name]Petra[/name]. My hangup is whether or not it works with [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name].
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] F____
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Elisabetta[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] F____
???

[name]West[/name] and…
Boys: [name]Wilder[/name], [name]Brodie[/name]
Girls: Sessa, [name]Moxie[/name], [name]Petra[/name]

I just don’t know! I would love any input, opinions and advice.

Thanks everyone and have a lovely weekend xoxo [name]Sheridan[/name]

Wow…That’s a tough one. But I do really like [name]Wilder[/name] for a boy. Not [name]Brodie[/name] as much.
The girl name is tougher. One issue is that [name]Isabel[/name] and Elizath are the same name in origin so maybe you don’t need both.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Wilder[/name]. I’d use it myself except my husband hates it, lol.

I like [name]Petra[/name]. It’s different, but not too out there. Sounds very classy

[name]West[/name] and…
Boys: [name]Wilder[/name]
Girls: [name]Petra[/name]

[name]Petra[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - hrm… I’d drop either the [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name] cos they’re both similar sounds and its a mouthful together.

What about [name]Petra[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] or [name]Petra[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

Suggestions;

Boys:
[name]Wilder[/name] [name]Robert[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Brodie[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Wilder[/name] [name]Piers[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Wilder[/name] [name]Brodie[/name] [name]Roscoe[/name]

Girls:
[name]Willow[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Willow[/name] [name]Petra[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Willow[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Del[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - [name]Del[/name] nn for [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Ali[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - [name]Ali[/name] nn for [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Moxie[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

would you use [name]Eliza[/name] instead of [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Willow[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] these help, let use know what you choose!

You have all been really helpful so far - thank you!

Yes, I know I know about [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name] being the same. I just don’t know what to do! I definitely definitely want to use [name]Elizabeth[/name] because she would be 4th generation, and [name]Isabel[/name], well I just love it since I had been set on it for a first name for so long.

I mean, what do you think about [name]Isabel[/name] as a first name? Beautiful but do I even worry about the popularity if it is my favorite?? [name]Just[/name] having a [name]Jennifer[/name]/[name]Jessica[/name] equivalent is what it feels like. Nothing wrong with those names, but they are so common. Ohhhh the stress…!

I really love your names!
I would definitely use [name]Petra[/name] for a girl! I think it sounds great and flows amazingly with [name]West[/name].
For a boy I like both [name]Brodie[/name] and [name]Wilder[/name] and this one is a tough decision; but I think I would choose [name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Roscoe[/name] ([name]Brodie[/name])

[name]West[/name] and…
Boys: [name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Roscoe[/name] F_____ - [name]Brodie[/name]/[name]Brodey[/name] OR [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Roscoe[/name] F_____ - [name]Wilder[/name]
Girls: [name]Petra[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] F____

CONGRATS and GOOD [name]LUCK[/name]!!!

I know they say that you shouldn’t hold a names popularity against it, but i absolutely do (I’m an [name]Emma[/name] born in early 80s UK, so i know what its like to have a ‘common’ name!) I think the fact that you had discarded [name]Isabel[/name] due to its popularity and then came back to it, possibly - means that it does bother you, so maybe you shouldn’t go for it??!

I don’t like the fact that [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] are both used as middle names owing to the fact that they are essentially the same name - but this is just my opinion. I completely understand that they represent two sides of the family - potential for argument.

Oooo - tricky, tricky. Its so hard the name game isn’t it?!

I am so loving all of your help and suggestions! There are a few new developments though and I think I should start a fresh post.

But just to reply to these last two comments first,

[name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Roscoe[/name] is one of my favorites for sure and I think [name]Wilder[/name] would be it.

And thank you for the info on your name, [name]Emma[/name]. What I am considering now is using [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] _____ F so that at least I name her [name]Isabel[/name], but I would call her whatever the 3rd name was. I am in agreement with everyone on the trickiness of using both [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Maybe I will be blessed with twin girls and my problem will be solved!

Ok new, updated post now. Thanks everyone!
xo [name]Sheridan[/name]