Sibling name for Rose

[name_f]My[/name_f] first daughter is called [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Molly[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] but a bit concerned about [name_f]Alice[/name_f] being shortened. Not a big fan of [name_m]Al[/name_m] and I know lots of Allies and DH doesn’t like Liss.

Other names on our list are
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Jessie[/name_u]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]

What are your favourite and are there any other suggestions.

Close friends already have [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], ISabelle, [name_f]Claudia[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], [name_f]Lana[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f]

Thank you!

1 Like

I know 2 alices and both just go by [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] from your list

My favourite girls name is [name_f]Alice[/name_f] but I agree, [name_f]Alice[/name_f] isn’t a great name for nns! It is a short name so it could just be by itself. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is ADORABLE from your list! If you would want a nn for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] my faves are [name_f]Charli[/name_f], [name_f]Lotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Lo[/name_f]! [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] are a bit dated IMO but still cute!

I’ve never known an [name_f]Alice[/name_f] with any nicknames.
I think [name_f]Verity[/name_f] would be so cute (and my favourite of suggestions) [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] is perfect with big sis’ name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Molly[/name_f]!

I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is perfect with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Molly[/name_f]! I know a few Alices and not one has ever been called anything else - just [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

I also love [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]; [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] would make a lovely sibling pair as well.

Alice [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is lovely and none of the Alices I’ve met use nicknames!

I also really like [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]!

You might like [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] or [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

I wouldn’t worry about [name_f]Alice[/name_f] being shortened! I know c. 7 Alices and they’ve never had a nickname problem - only one of them has gone by a nickname ([name_u]Ali[/name_u]), and she had to enforce it. It’s my best friend’s name, and she’s never had people try to shorten it. I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is lovely!
[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favourite name from your list is [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]. I adore [name_f]Verity[/name_f] and I think it works perfectly for a sister to [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is fine! All Alices I know just go by their full name.

I like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] from your list!

Maybe [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]?

Firstly envious that you have a daughter called [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! I absolutely love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] :rose:

So I went to school with a few [name_f]Alice[/name_f]’s all called [name_f]Alice[/name_f] I really wouldn’t worry about [name_f]Alice[/name_f] being shortened. I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is a lovely combination. From your short list I really like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] & [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f].

Suggestions
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

Hope this helped

1 Like

Ellie [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is beautiful :heart_eyes:

Thanks I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f], had no idea how popular it was. I have met a lot of [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]’s in the playground. It was in honour of my gran (mums mum) who had a big rose garden when I was little - her house always filled with roses. Her given name was [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]. And [name_f]Molly[/name_f] was my nan’s(dads mum)Name.

I like [name_f]Anabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] but DH doesn’t.

My mil is guaranteed to butcher [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and my husband has already said he won’t tell her to use [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and not a nn.

Rose [name_f]Molly[/name_f] & [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is beautiful sibset and so are [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Molly[/name_f] & [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f].

Alice is rather clear name that can be not shortened at all

Alice [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] sounds like a perfect sister to [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Molly[/name_f]. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is short enough I doubt anyone will shorten it.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Molly[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] are stunning! [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a gorgeous, neat, and wonderfully spare name that a sibling will deserve a name in equal measure.

I know people named [name_f]Alice[/name_f] who don’t have nicknames. Also, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is lovely.

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Laura[/name_f]

Rose [name_f]Molly[/name_f] is lovely

In my opinion, I highly doubt [name_f]Alice[/name_f] will be shortened very often, if at all. It’s a short and precise name. From my experience, nicknaming someone who hasn’t introduced themselves with a nickname is uncommon, anyway. [name_f]My[/name_f] twin’s name is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and I think the only person to ever shorten it is me (as young children, I called her [name_f]Lisbeth[/name_f]. Not anymore.)

I love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. It pairs wonderfully with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Molly[/name_f] and I think you should go for it if it is your favorite!

I love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]! I definitely don’t think shortening it is inevitable. None of the Alices I know have a nickname.

I know two little Alices and neither of them have nicknames as far as I know!

Alice and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] go beautifully together!

Rose and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] are so perfect together!