Sibling names go along?

Hii, just wondering to myself because I have always loved longer names but I have recently fallen in love with some shorter ones
However I always though that all siblings names needed to be short or long you know what I mean?
And do you think siblings names should be the same “vibe”… because I like a lot of different names that are completely opposites and I don’t know if they “go well along as siblings”
Could anyone give me their point of views in naming siblings please?

I feel like there should be /some/ similarities to tie sibling names together.
That could be length, or vibe, or anything.
For example, [name_f]Fionnula[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] seem very different stylistically, but they work together because they’re long, feminine names.
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] and [name_u]Kai[/name_u] are very different in length but they work because they’re both modern, trendy choices.

2 Likes

you don’t have to have any sort of theme, but i personally prefer it if the names match stylistically. length isn’t a big concern to me. i know a pair of siblings where one has a 3 letter name and the other an 11 letter one, but they’re similar stylistically so it works.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any hard written rule. I personally like names which are similar vibe as they are more cohesive. I’d be surprised to find a [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] with a sister called [name_f]Hailey[/name_f] for example. [name_u]Or[/name_u] a boy called [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] with a sister called [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f].

2 Likes

@anon25197097 @lucyxo @tallemaja what about sibling names that 2 of them start with the same letter but the others don’t

1 Like

I think if the names are distinct then definitely.
For instance [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] and [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] are too close for my liking but [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] and [name_u]Louise[/name_u] work

1 Like

not something i’d do personally (unless the 2 that share initials were twins), but as long as the names are distinct from one another it’s fine.

1 Like

Honestly, you can’t expect everyone on this planet to have perfect, matching sibsets. As long as they are stylistically similar, I don’t see a problem. Now, if it’s like [name_m]Robert[/name_m] and [name_f]Roberta[/name_f], or [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] and [name_f]Lauren[/name_f], then there’s problems. I have a full, long name, and my sister has a short, nickname-type name. But, both of our names are very feminine and vintage.
There is a point where one does have to draw a line with sibsets, like I said above.
If you like the names, then name them that! Everyone’s going to have their own ideas and views in this world. You have your own style, and no one can change that.

1 Like