Sibling to Eleanor and Lorelei needs a name!

Hello everyone
me and my husband are expecting baby number 3. We don’t know whether it’s a boy or girl yet, so we need a name for each gender. We already have two daughters named [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] (lore-uh-lye). We would like the names to sound well together, with a similar feel…
Our current favourite for a girl is [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], but my husband wants to keep looking. I also love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], but we wanted to avoid repeating initials. My husband likes Isabella a lot, I like it too, but don’t LOVE it.
For boys we like [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] the most.
Please keep as many suggestions coming as you can think of…
Last name starts with a C (so no names starting with a ‘k’ sound).

Thanks!

I love [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] sound lovely together — the repetition of L and R sounds is a nice link without being too matchy. [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] are both good too (and [name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] would be a handsome combo).

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Julianne[/name_u]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] and …

[name_f]Helene[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

Thanks for these great suggestions! There are plenty of names I liked. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is gorgeous, but unfortunately got vetoed by my husband… He liked [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] when I was pregnant with our first two girls, but this time around he doesn’t seem to care that much for it anymore, I think it’s mainly because of [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as we live in the UK… I’ll try to make him reconsider it though! I LOOOVE [name_f]Clara[/name_f], but unfortunately it doesn’t flow well at all with our last name :frowning:
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is also a great suggestion, I do love the nickname [name_u]Theo[/name_u] a lot. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is great too

Also I wanted to hear your opinions on the name [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] for a boy?

Congratulations on your imminent arrival and BEAUTIFULLY Named Daughters! [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] sound EXQUISITE together!

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] matches PERFECTLY and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] are gorgeous Names which would work very nicely too! To keep the E L R O flow going, may I suggest:

[name_f]Oralie[/name_f]/[name_f]Oralee[/name_f]/[name_f]Orelia[/name_f]/Oralea

Other Girls’ Names that would work beautifully are:

[name_f]Angeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelique[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]/[name_f]Amalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariella[/name_f]
Arietty

For a Brother [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is FABULOUS and [name_m]Julian[/name_m] is lovely too!

Other possibilities:

[name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]/[name_m]Dorien[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]

My Favourites to go with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] are [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] or [name_f]Orelia[/name_f]/[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_m]Orlando[/name_m]! All the very best deciding! :slight_smile:

God bless with your pregnancy and delivery! :slight_smile:

P.S. I just saw your post about [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] and I think it might even be a more perfect fit than [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_m]Orlando[/name_m]! Classy, unusual, handsome! Great choice!

You’ve already chosen such beautiful names which go together beautifully, but aren’t matchy in the slightest. The subtle repetiton of ‘r’ and ‘l’ sounds in [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] work beautifully for me and in my opinion you’ve already found the perfect name should your 3rd be a girl; [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is elegant and classy in teh same way as her older sister’s names and matches beautifully, it also ends in a different sound, which helps the names to flow better in my opinion. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] are nice, but rather overused, and I don’t think they match your older daughter’s names as well. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a nice combination though! [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is beautiful but heavier than your other names, and there is also the issue of matching initials.

Boys’ names are a little trickier, but I think your choices are lovely. I personally wouldn’t use [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] because it has the same ending sound as [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. [name_m]Julian[/name_m] is a great choice, bold and strong, with great historical and classical links. My favourite has to be [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] though; I’d never actually heard of the name before but I love it. It has the same ‘l’ and ‘r’ sounds as [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] which makes the names really work as a trio, but it stands out as a name indepentdantly as well, with it’s historical feel and unusual sound.

Overall, my favourite choices for you are most definitely [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]. Maybe [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m]?

Good luck with everything, I’m sure you’ll be fine, you clearly have impeccable naming taste!

I think [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] would be a beautiful sister name! My choice would be [name_m]Julian[/name_m] for a baby brother.

Thanks everyone! We are really leaning towards [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] now if baby is a girl and think about using either [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] , or [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] as a middle name.
For a boy [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] is our current front runner, maybe with [name_m]Julian[/name_m] as suggested by you wonderful people!
We are still open for more ideas though, so keep them coming if you have any!

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] are perfection. I love [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] too. My favourite part is that they all have those subtle r and l sounds that tie them together, as noticed by a few PPs. I would suggest:

Girls

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]- I know… No C names. But I love [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] too much.
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]- Your husband vetoed [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], so what about the just as lovely [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]?
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]/te
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]/le
[name_f]Amara[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
Rosewyn
[name_f]Marielle[/name_f]

And thoughts on Aurelie? I realise that PP suggested Orelie, which is pretty too. Aurelie fits your other two children’s names perfectly. It has an aw/or sound, the letters e, r and and l and is three syllables! Eleanor, Lorelei and Aurelie!

Boys

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_m]Theron[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Remi[/name_u]/[name_u]Remington[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
Evren
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

Of course my favourites are still [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_m]Alaric[/name_m].

May I ask what your previous two children’s middle names are just to get a better idea of your taste?

Best Wishes,

Fluffy :slight_smile:

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a lovely combo and works well with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]. [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] is a bold choice and [name_m]Julian[/name_m] works great. If you want another OR sounding name, [name_m]Amaury[/name_m], [name_m]Gordon[/name_m], [name_u]Maurice[/name_u]/[name_m]Morris[/name_m], [name_m]Norman[/name_m], Orwell, [name_m]Ormand[/name_m], [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_m]Gregory[/name_m], [name_m]Horatio[/name_m], [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], [name_u]Fortune[/name_u], [name_u]Torrance[/name_u], or [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] all fit.

Some other possibilities:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], and

[name_m]Anselm[/name_m]
[name_m]Armand[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
[name_m]Bertram[/name_m]
[name_m]Denys[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u]
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Marius[/name_m]
[name_m]Osric[/name_m]
[name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Randolph[/name_m]
[name_m]Reginald[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Thorold[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]

Rosalie and Theodore are very cute. I like Aurelie but it might be too similar to Lorelei. I like Amelia, Isabel, Frederick, and Tobias from above suggestions.

Other ideas:

Alice
Annalise
Hillary
Isadora
Lilliana
Julianna
Margaret
Marian
Natalie
Olivia
Regina
Rosemary
Rosamund
Victoria

Alastair
Arthur
Felix
Gabriel
Julian
Milo
Oliver

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
Rohesia

~

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
Alcander
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]

I think all of your options sound great with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] ! [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] are my favorites; [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] are so dreamy together, and stately [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]/[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] makes a perfect brother name! I would also like to suggest [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f], it’s so very close [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], but somehow ties in with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] even more perfectly [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. Good luck!

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] fit together perfectly!

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Margo[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]

[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Valor[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonhard[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]

What about [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] for a girl? It’s 3 syllables like your other two girls and has a sweet and classic feel to it.