Sibyl

The name [name]Sibyl[/name] is really growing on me at the moment, probably because I’m doing some free-time research on the seers/Sibyls at the moment and I find that they are really interesting.

So what do you think?

I assume it’s pronounced [name]Si[/name]-bul and I think there was a movie about a crazy little girl named that…the only other person I know of named that is [name]Sibel[/name] [name]Shepard[/name] (an 80’s actress) so I am not a fan…there are far better S girl names out there imo

It’s actually really appealing to me too at the moment :slight_smile:

Not sure if I’d ever be brave enough to use it- but I do like it a lot.

It’s growing on me because of Downton [name]Abbey[/name] and I love a good Seer myself. I think it’s darling and I’d love to meet a [name]Sibyl[/name] but perhaps not for me.

I quite like [name]Sibyl[/name]! I think it’s nice.

Makes me think of Faulty [name]Towers[/name].

I don’t know exactly why, but I have never liked the name [name]Sibyl[/name]…

It’s a pretty name and will probably become somewhat popular due to Downton [name]Abbey[/name].

I have been thinking about [name]Sibyl[/name] lately, too! I think it’s beautiful - powerful but still obviously feminine.

[name]Sibyl[/name] is quite lovely. The seers connection adds an extra cool factor.

I like it a lot. I think of Faulty [name]Towers[/name] too, although it’s not necessarily a bad association at all. Oh, and I pronounce it as ‘Sih-bul’ (short ‘ih’ sound, like in the words sit or in)

[name]Sybella[/name] is one of my favourites. I’ve also heard [name]Sibylla[/name] a couple of times on Nameberry too, which I think is lovely.

Oh, I’m also quite fond of Kipila, which is the Hawaiian transliteration of [name]Sibyl[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t know if I’d ever actually USE it, but I think it has a gorgeous sound.

I love the name [name]Sibyl[/name]! This is my preferred spelling as well. It’s on my favorites list =D I think it’s classic and evocative.

p.s. [name]Love[/name] your favorite names list!

I absolutely love [name]Sibyl[/name]! It seems a bit ethereal, sweet, and timeless. I would love to meet a little [name]Sibyl[/name], and I love seeing it discussed on these forums!

I think it’s a classy name but prefer the [name]Sybil[/name] spelling.

Downton [name]Abbey[/name] springs to mind for me too. I would never have considered it but now I find it clunky cool.

I lov it! My first though is [name]Sybil[/name] from ‘A Perfect [name]Day[/name] for Bananafish’, but I just did a seven page research paper on J.D. [name]Salinger[/name], so that’s probably just me.

I really like it. I’m loving [name]Sibylla[/name] as well at the moment.