Sidney Warren Matthews - What do you think?

I think I have decided on [name]Sidney[/name] for my sons name… We pronounce [name]Warren[/name] as woh-ren not war-en. I love all the other names but just can’t let this one go! What do you think?

Thanks [name]Rachel[/name] x

I absolutely love it! It has a great vibe to it and I really do love [name]Sidney[/name] on a boy. I especially like the nickname [name]Sid[/name]. Great choice!

I agree with the poster above me. Great name!

I love it, [name]Sidney[/name] is a great name for a boy :slight_smile:

I love it! I have a Great Uncle named [name]Sidney[/name] and I’ve always wanted to use his name (maybe someday!). I think [name]Sidney[/name] is so hip and cool on a boy and [name]Warren[/name] balances it very nicely. Great choice!

I agree with all the previous posters! :slight_smile:

I will ditto everyone. [name]Sidney[/name] [name]Warren[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] is very strong and handsome, [name]Sid[/name] is the coolest nickname.

• anon.

I love the name you have chosen - [name]Sidney[/name] [name]Warren[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] - very masculine. My son’s name is [name]Sidney[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Moore[/name], named after two Great-Grandfathers. Warning… you will be asked, when making well baby/child check appointments… What is HER birthday. My son was teased just a little bit in elementary school, and now corrects me when I call out '[name]SIDNEY[/name]!" in front of his friends - “It’s just [name]SID[/name]”. I have told him he can be called anything he wants to be called. There are thousands of variations of '[name]John[/name]" names, for instance. He likes [name]Sid[/name] though. It is cool, intelligent and fun, just like my kid. (Yes, if you son plays baseball, he will most certainly become nicknamed “[name]Sid[/name] the Kid”)

I love [name]Sidney[/name] for a boy (and the combo you picked)! Like asia_marzana said, be prepared for some gender confusion (but if you like the name don’t let that deter you from using it) and if he finds [name]Sidney[/name] too feminine [name]Sid[/name] is a great nickname to make it sound more masculine. I’m a guy with a unisex name myself ([name]Kelly[/name]), and although I’ve had a few “girly name” comments and Ms. instead of Mr. addresses it’s never been anything bad enough for me to dislike my name.

[name]Hi[/name]! Thanks for the comments. [name]Sidney[/name] was born just over a week after I posted this. He was 4 weeks early and is now 2 weeks old. We haven’t had any gender confusion yet but then we are in the UK where [name]Sidney[/name] is still predominately a boys name!
[name]Rachel[/name] x

Such a lovely choice !
[name]Sidney[/name] is also my favorite’s for a boy ! A little bit modern and a little bit ancient associations. So masculine!