Sid's sister - Eve, Helen or Cara? POLL added

See the results of this poll: Sidney Warren and:

Respondents: 35 (This poll is closed)

• Cara Eve Matthews (cah-ra): 10 (29%)
  • Cara June Matthews (cah-ra): 13 (37%)
  • Helen Rachel Matthews: 12 (34%)

It’s got to be [name]Cara[/name] [name]Helen[/name] for me :slight_smile:

I adore [name]Cara[/name], to me it’s a modern classic if that makes sense. And very underused. I love [name]Helen[/name] too but prefer it in the middle slot as I don’t find it quite as “pretty” as [name]Cara[/name], so [name]Cara[/name] [name]Helen[/name] is the perfect combo to me :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Helen[/name]. Matches very well with [name]Sid[/name] for me.
I like [name]Cara[/name] but I usually avoid names that I am going to have to constantly correct people’s pronunciation. My name is [name]Lesley[/name]. Pn Lez - [name]Lee[/name] nit Less - lee. Irritating!!

I vote [name]Cara[/name] as well! My best friend’s name is [name]Kara[/name], pronounced the same way, so I’m always partial to that name when it’s pronounced what I now feel is the “correct” way after knowing my best friend for 13 years! :lol:

I prefer [name]Cara[/name], but only if you don’t mind correctly the pronounciation sometimes. Here in the south, most people would read that as care-uh. [name]Clara[/name] would also be nice and avoid the confusion.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]

I am back again and I vote for [name]Cara[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]. :smiley:

rollo xx :smiley:

PS Here in the Antipodes and in [name]Britain[/name] there will be no pronunciation issues, and if visiting the U.S. just explain the prn and then everything will be sweet. I can’t see any problems at all.

I vote for [name]Cara[/name] [name]Helen[/name]. [name]Lovely[/name]!

I’m torn between [name]Helen[/name] and [name]Cara[/name]… I think both are lovely!

Thankyou all very much. As rollo says our pn is the norm in the UK so we won’t have issues with that (I had never heard the care-a pn until I started using this site!). I think my only hesitation with [name]Cara[/name] [name]Helen[/name] is that I sort of wanted to keep [name]Helen[/name] for future kids?? But then I suppose that you never know if that will happen or if it does they could be boys. Does [name]Cara[/name] [name]Eve[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] work? or is it too abrupt? Would [name]Cara[/name] [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Helen[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] fit as sisters? Or possibly [name]Cara[/name] [name]June[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] perhaps? Our pick for a second boy would be [name]Albert[/name] [name]Harvey[/name] so do any of these work?:

[name]Sidney[/name] [name]Warren[/name], [name]Albert[/name] [name]Harvey[/name], [name]Cara[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Helen[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]?
[name]Sidney[/name] [name]Warren[/name], [name]Albert[/name] [name]Harvey[/name], [name]Cara[/name] [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Helen[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]?
[name]Sidney[/name] [name]Warren[/name], [name]Albert[/name] [name]Harvey[/name], [name]Cara[/name] [name]Helen[/name] and ?

Thanks for putting up with my obsessing! Rach x

I love both [name]Cara[/name] [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] [name]June[/name]! I think [name]Cara[/name] [name]Eve[/name] is a slightly better sister to [name]Helen[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] because [name]Eve[/name] is a little more serious, like [name]Helen[/name]. Either would work imo though and I don’t find [name]Cara[/name] [name]Eve[/name] abrupt at all.

I know you can never predict if you’ll have more children and if so what genders they are, but will you be more disapointed if you a) don’t use [name]Helen[/name] as the middle name and then don’t have any future daughters and never get to use the name at all, or b) use [name]Helen[/name] as the middle name for [name]Cara[/name], and then have another daughter and not be able to call her [name]Helen[/name]?

Personally, I think if you love [name]Helen[/name] and think there’s a good chance you will have another child, I’d keep it just in case.

[name]Just[/name] as a side note, I’m in the UK too and have never heard [name]Cara[/name] pronounced Care-uh! So I really don’t think it’ll be an issue here :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I think [name]Cara[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Helen[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] make a great sister set. I think it is in part because of the repetition of the ‘n’ in [name]June[/name] and [name]Helen[/name].

hugs rollo :smiley: xx

Thankyou both. ljandrl I think I’d be more disappointed if I didn’t have [name]Helen[/name] as an option if we do have another daughter! - That’s a great way of looking at it! So, we’re deciding between [name]Cara[/name] [name]Eve[/name], [name]Cara[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Helen[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] (prob as emergency standby if she’s not a “[name]Cara[/name]” when we meet her!). I’ve posted a poll and would grateful for your votes. Rach x

I want to see some Brits and Aussies voting on this poll.

rollo

PS f you say [name]Cara[/name] the British way followed by [name]Eve[/name] it is difficult to say.

[name]Cara[/name] [name]June[/name] is so nice! I am Aussie/Euro so agree [name]Cara[/name] [name]Eve[/name] is a bit tricky to pronounce, it doesn’t flow as well (though I do like the name [name]Eve[/name]!)
[name]Sid[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] sounds great together, has a good rhythm to my ears.
Would you feel totally sad if you didn’t have another child and didn’t use the name [name]Helen[/name]? If you are happy to risk it, and think another one could be on the cards, I would save it… :slight_smile:

I dont care for [name]Helen[/name] at all, the whole hel-part makes I very harsh and unattractive to my ears imo. [name]Cara[/name] [name]June[/name] gets my vote, although [name]Cara[/name] [name]Eve[/name] is nice as well.

[name]Cara[/name] [name]June[/name] is my vote. As a [name]Brit[/name], I’d definately say [name]Cara[/name] not Care-uh

I voted for [name]Cara[/name] [name]Eve[/name]. I’m American and know several [name]Cara[/name]'s and [name]Kara[/name]'s who prn. their names care-uh, but I wouldn’t be skeptical at all to car-uh. Pretty name!