Sienna, Indie or Romy

Pls help me choose a name for my daughter… she is 5 weeks old and I cannot decide!!

We love Sienna as we got married in Tuscany, but Indie has always been our girls name… we don’t like indigo or India so would just be Indie. I have a son named Jude James so would be a sibling for him, his name was so easy!

• Indie Rae
  • Sienna Rae
  • Romy Rae
0 voters

Any comments/ideas also welcome :slight_smile:

[name_f]Indie[/name_f] and [name_m]Jude[/name_m] are so lovely together :white_heart: :blush:

2 Likes

Congrats on the birth of your daughter. :ribbon: Here are my thoughts:

Indie Rae - sounds like this name has your heart and it seems like you want to pick it! I like Indie on its own but my fave longer versions are Indiana and Ingrid. (There’s also Indra, Lucinda and of course the ones you mention.)

Sienna Rae - It’s a pretty name and like that it’s sentimental to you - that’s a nice link. (I find Rae a bit harsh and final after it though.)

Romy Rae - I love this this is a repeat letter like JJ and to me Romy is the most versatile - cute for a baby and sophisticated and worldly as an adult. I really love Romy. I also think it visually looks the best with Rae (though I’d personally use Ray if I were using it, with any of the names, if looks more elegant to me - eg Romy Ray - and I like the connection to ray of sunshine.)

I’m guessing you’ve listed in order of preference but Romy would be my pick unless you really can imagine giving up Indie. Indie would be my second choice, with Sienna a close third. They’re all good names, whichever you go for!

2 Likes

[name_f]Indie[/name_f] is such a cute name :blossom:

1 Like

[name_m]Jude[/name_m] and [name_f]Indie[/name_f] are great. You favor [name_f]Indie[/name_f].

It’s a great list. All of them work as far as flow, style, and sib fit. Not a wrong answer. I love [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] and the reason.

Then there’s [name_f]Romy[/name_f] [name_m]Ray[/name_m] with [name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m].

Ack! This is hard, or easy. Because it’s all good.

[name_f]Indie[/name_f] [name_f]Rae[/name_f] by a hair because I love it when parents say things like, It’s always been our girl name.

1 Like

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Indie[/name_f] :heart:

They are all great names! I love all three. I voted for [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], but it was a close race. I suggest at this point writing each name on a piece of paper, then randomly drawing a paper from a hat. If you feel disappointed about the name you get, then don’t use that name. Then try again with the two remaining names. If you draw a name and you don’t feel any disappointment about picking it, then that is the name for you!

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] is the most beautiful to say and look at. [name_f]Indie[/name_f] and [name_f]Romy[/name_f] are cute but have been very trendy feeling. That being said, I know an [name_f]India[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Indie[/name_f] and it suits her well!

A late thought: some 90s and naughties folk esp in UK might pick up on the [name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Law[/name_m] & [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m] connection - not a bad thing, iconic even - just a funny coincidence.

2 Likes

They’re all lovely and for different reasons! No wonder it’s not an easy choice. If [name_f]Indie[/name_f] has always been your choice, is there a reason it’s not already her name? [name_m]Jude[/name_m] and [name_f]Indie[/name_f] are very sweet together, although for me they feel very different. [name_m]Jude[/name_m] feels literary and European (probably thanks to [name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Law[/name_m] and [name_m]Jude[/name_m] the Obscure), button-up and proper, kind and wise. [name_f]Indie[/name_f] feels very modern to me, very social butterfly? They can work together… just wouldn’t have been my first thought.

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] I think is my favorite with Jude… they seem to go very well together for me, and I love the significance of [name_f]Siena[/name_f] for you!

[name_f]Romy[/name_f] is my favorite of your options in general, but I don’t love [name_f]Romy[/name_f] [name_f]Rae[/name_f] for some reason, and it sounds like it doesn’t hold the same significance as [name_f]Indie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] do. I really like [name_f]Romy[/name_f] with [name_m]Jude[/name_m] though. I would never be able to encourage someone NOT to use Romy… but I think some of your options might be better? Overall I like [name_f]Siena[/name_f] best, but any of these would be so beautiful.

Good luck!

1 Like

Yes this has been an ongoing issue with the name also…. We are noughties kids from the UK so I do worry it’s too much of a connection to have [name_m]Jude[/name_m] and Sienna… but then I love the name so we keep too and frowing with it so much!

Yes I think that’s why we haven’t automatically gone with [name_f]Indie[/name_f], worries that it’s not traditional enough.
But then there is [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], it’s a very popular name in the UK and has the link of celeb couple [name_m]Jude[/name_m] and Sienna….
We need a traditional/cool name with a cute nickname that goes well with [name_m]Jude[/name_m] and it’s been impossible to find!

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] is my favorite name from your list. I love the connection with [name_f]Italy[/name_f] where you spent your honeymoon. It sounds wonderful with Jud€.

However, if [name_f]Indie[/name_f] has been your favorite name for a girl for so long, I’m afraid that you will feel sad if you don’t use it. It’s a sweet name.

I’m not sure if this is the right time to offer a new suggestion, but I would like to share the idea of [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] (Sienna + Indie?), [name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Indie[/name_f].

Congratulations on the recent arrival of your 2nd baby! I hope everyone is doing well.
Good luck with your decision. :four_leaf_clover:

[name_f]Indie[/name_f] and [name_m]Jude[/name_m] are darling together!!

I wouldn’t let it stop you! Your kids won’t introduce their sibling’s name as they go about life and most people won’t pick up on it anyway.

But Indie is very cool. If you’re not sure as standalone (I think it works but I’d personally prob need a longer name), besides Ingrid and Rosalind, Delphine is a chic name you could nn to Indie! (And your have the option of Delphi too).

Other cute “Brit gal” names: Jemima, Domino (wildcard but a few London creative types have used it), Tabitha (Tibby), Romilly, Romela, Faye, Florence, Hazel, Harriet, Chloe, Imogen (Immy is so cute to me!), Phoebe, Marnie, Rosemary (Romy), & Zoe. Good luck!