Sienna name

Hello,

I’ve read a lot of posts about the name [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]. I’m french and I love this name, in [name_f]France[/name_f] it is very unusual but it seems to me that in [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking countries this name is quite current and in trend. I also like it very much for its rarity so the fact that it is too trendy would make it lose its charm…

So, Sienna is really a very common name?
How do you pronounce it ?
Can you tell me what the name
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] reminds you of? Is it pleasant for you or is it in bad taste? (I’ve read that it can make you think of a brand of car)

Thank you very much for your answers. I apologize because my [name_f]English[/name_f] is not very good.

Greetings from [name_u]Paris[/name_u]!
xxx

2 Likes

It is a bit popular where I live. I have met two! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry!

1 Like

welcome to nameberry!

• I wouldn’t call sienna very common, but I’ve encountered more than one; it’s definitely in popular use. if it helps, I go to a school with 1250 girls. there are two girls called sienna. in contrast, there are ten called amelie (not to mention amelia, emily, and emilia).
  • I would say see-ENN-uh
  • unfortunately, I used to know a very unpleasant girl named sienna, and the name’s been a bit tainted for me ever since. however, there’s nothing wrong with it, and that’s a personal association. whilst I don’t personally like it, most people I know seem to.
1 Like

Sienna is warm and pretty! I’ve only ever come across one. I’d pronounce it See-en-uh

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] and I only met one girl whose name was this one
I also have this name on my long list and it reminds me of something calm, [name_f]Italy[/name_f] and summer

1 Like

Sienna’s a lovely name with a warm, calming feel- probably because it reminds me of Burnt [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], the Crayola crayon color I used so much as a kid!

I pronounce it see-EN-nuh.

I do think it’s rising in popularity in the US, along with [name_f]Siena[/name_f] and [name_u]Sierra[/name_u]. I’ve known a couple [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]/Siena’s but only via distant friends on social media. While I don’t think it’s super common, it does feel like it belongs to this era of babies, mostly because I just don’t know any older people with the name- only babies!

2 Likes
  1. it’s fairly common and very on trend, but not to the same extent as [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] or [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. If you’re in [name_f]France[/name_f] though, where you say it’s rare, I don’t really think that’s an “issue”.
  2. see-enn-uh
  3. maybe the colour? It doesn’t really make me think of anything though, to be honest.

Sienna’s a very pretty name, I always love seeing it considered!

1 Like

Hi, welcome to Nameberry! [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] isn’t that popular where I live, I only know one. I pronounce [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] as [name_u]Sea[/name_u]-enn-uh. [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] reminds me of the colour burnt sienna and the car.

1 Like

Your [name_f]English[/name_f] is great.

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] isn’t popular per se, but it’s on-trend (in fashion) at the moment because of a lot of names that are similar to it. (E.g. sophia, savannah, etc)

See-ENN-nuh
Like how you would say an adjective ending in -ssienne / -tienne … + “uh” at the end. :slight_smile:

I think of the color, Burnt Sienna. Mostly because of the painting show on TV that I used to watch aaaall the time, Bob Ross. Burnt Sienna was always on his palette.

1 Like

I feel like it was actually most popular where I live in the early 00’s (2000-2010) but never extremely popular.

I think it’s a beautiful name (especially with a [name_u]French[/name_u] accent!)

It makes me think of the beach and sand.
The [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]’s I have known have all been sporty, independent and assertive type of girls so that’s what I think of when I think of a [name_f]Sienna[/name_f].

1 Like

It’s kind of popular here in the UK. There’s always one kid in class called [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] I feel, it’s hard not to meet someone who has this name, and they tend to be young. There’s also the model [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] [name_u]Miller[/name_u] who popularised it during the 2000s.

1 Like

I love the name!
Opinions and popularity for this name differ by region. It seems to have been a very popular name for while in [name_f]England[/name_f] and Australia. It’s not common in the US (currently in the 300s). There is a popular minivan in the states called sienna so that association may be why it was more popular in other regions but never caught on as much in the states

1 Like