Sierra or Ciara, spellings of Bridget

Which spelling do you think is better, [name]Sierra[/name] or [name]Ciara[/name]?

Also, which is your favourite spelling of the name [name]Bridgit[/name] and why?
Here are some:
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Bridgit[/name]
[name]Brigette[/name]
[name]Brigitte[/name]
[name]Bridgette[/name]

[name]Sierra[/name] and [name]Ciara[/name] are completely different names! I do appreciate that Irish names are sometimes said as they look in [name]America[/name], but [name]Ciara[/name]'s proper pronnounciation is like [name]Keera[/name].

As for [name]Bridget[/name] I prefer this spelling but I also like [name]Brigitte[/name] pronnounced ([name]Bri[/name]-jhite-uh)

In my opinion the names [name]Sierra[/name] and [name]Ciara[/name] are pronounced differently but maybe thats where i’m from which is the UK

[name]Sierra[/name] is [name]Si[/name] er a
[name]Ciara[/name] is [name]Keer[/name] a and it is an Irish name

I prefer [name]Bridget[/name], not sure why I just prefer it

I’m with the pps that [name]Sierra[/name] and [name]Ciara[/name] are different names. According to Behind the Name:

[name]SIERRA[/name]
Usage: English (Modern)
Pronounced: see-ER-? [key]
Means “mountain range” in Spanish, referring specifically to a mountain range with jagged peaks.

[name]CIARA[/name]
Usage: Irish
Pronounced: [name]KEER[/name]-a, KEE-ar-a [key]
Feminine form of [name]CIAR[/name]. [name]Saint[/name] [name]Ciara[/name] was an Irish nun who established a monastery at Kilkeary in the 7th century.

So, I’m assuming you like the “see-ER-ah” pronunciation, so I would go with [name]Sierra[/name]. As for [name]Bridget[/name] (a favorite of mine), I think the traditional spelling, [name]Bridget[/name], would be my favorite. I guess I pronounce the other spellings differently ([name]Bridgette[/name] looks like [name]BRIDGE[/name]-ette, and [name]Brigitte[/name] would be bri-jheet or bri-jhee-tuh) and [name]Bridget[/name] just looks the most classic to me.

I like [name]Sierra[/name] better :slight_smile:

A friend of mine is [name]Brigette[/name] and she loves her name. I prefer it to [name]Bridget[/name], I think it’s softer without the d.
But it’s a pretty name however it is spelt :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Ciara[/name], but only if you’re pronouncing it [name]KEER[/name]-a. [name]Ciara[/name] the pop star has changed the pronunciation of the name so it sounds like [name]Sierra[/name], but it’s not technically correct.
As for [name]Bridget[/name], I think that spelling is the easiest to live with. But there are a TON of legitimate spellings. [name]Brigitte[/name], [name]Brigette[/name], and other -tte spelllings change the pronunciations for me.

Ditto PPs, [name]Sierra[/name] and [name]Ciara[/name] are two different names. [name]Sierra[/name] = see-air-uh [name]Ciara[/name] = keer-uh

As for [name]Bridget[/name], I prefer that spelling unless you want a different pronunciation then I like [name]Brigitte[/name].