Silvia or Sylvia?

Which spelling of this name do you prefer and why?

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]! I’m just more familiar with it, I believe it’s more popular and what most people would expect.

3 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] as it’s what I’m familiar with and see as the usual way. I see [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] as being a Spanish-speaking spelling?

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] better, but in part because it looks more stream-lined imo (a y in the middle of names looks a bit messy to me personally), and feels more “accessible” internationally/interculturally

2 Likes

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]! I just think it looks really pretty.

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], because then it reminds me of La Sylphide :sparkles::ballet_shoes::herb:

1 Like

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], but [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] is pretty too!

1 Like

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]! [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] reminds me of the words silver, saliva & slithering - though it’s also that I’m more familiar with [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] and I can see how others might see [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] as sleek and similar to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] in look.

3 Likes

i like silvia more! i just see it as more romantic in my eyes, and more of a clean look. :sunflower:

2 Likes

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]! Only because when I read [name_f]Silvia[/name_f], my brain autocorrected to Saliva

1 Like

sylvia xx

1 Like

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] looks nicer and more interesting on the page to me than [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] but I love them both. I also get very different vibes from the two names. To me, [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is quite elegant and, for some reason, I get the feeling it belongs in the same category as flower names (e.g. [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_u]Ivy[/name_u], Marigold) despite it having nothing to do with flowers. [name_f]Silvia[/name_f], however, feels like a much stronger name to me - maybe because of its connotations with silver?

If I were to use the name, I would choose [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] but that is mainly because it is more international and I don’t like the way [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is pronounced where I am.

1 Like

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]! It just feels more classic to me

1 Like

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] - partly because it’s the one I’m more familiar with and I like how the letters look distinct from each other.

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is a prettier spelling. It is the most classic and well known, but it also just looks more attractive to me, while [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] with an “i” looks so much like “saliva”

1 Like

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is my favourite I love the overall look of name feels whimsical and visually pretty

1 Like

I actually prefer [name_f]Silvana[/name_f], but I think the [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] spelling works best in [name_f]English[/name_f].

1 Like

I love both, but I prefer [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]. There’s something about the look of the “ylv” together that makes it sparkle!

1 Like

I just prefer how [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] looks. I think that’s about it :smile:.

1 Like

Depends on your family’s heritage

1 Like