Similar sounding names with different associations

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer?

Respondents: 26 (This poll is closed)

• Dorothy: 6 (23%)
  • Eudora: 3 (12%)
  • Isadora: 17 (65%)

Last week I would have probably said [name]Isadora[/name]. Its very girly and not too “out there” with it’s [name]Isabella[/name] sound. But, I voted for [name]Dorothy[/name]. After reading the posts about [name]Dorothy[/name] nn [name]Dottie[/name], the name has a whole new feel to me and I am really starting to love it!

[name]Hi[/name] there! I voted for [name]Dorothy[/name], with [name]Isadora[/name] in second place.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Isadora[/name] :slight_smile:

I gave my vote to [name]Dorothy[/name]. I love the nicknames [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Dolly[/name].

I picked [name]Eudora[/name]. I don’t really like the heavy THE at the end of [name]Dorothy[/name] (I like [name]Doris[/name] or [name]Darcy[/name] much better), and the [name]IZA[/name] sound hasn’t really grown on me either for [name]Isadora[/name] via [name]Isabella[/name] (dislike ‘[name]Izzie[/name]’ - it’s so unlike the imagery I get for the formal name), but I think it’s prettier than [name]Dorothy[/name]. I think [name]Eudora[/name] was kind of random here. I think I like [name]Isadora[/name], seems to blend in to the current well - I mean I really like it except that nickname is just harsh and not cute to me. Then I think [name]Eudora[/name] might be a bit strange and still out there. I like [name]Eugenie[/name]/[name]Eugenia[/name], and think [name]Eudora[/name] has potential.

Sorry, if this doesn’t help. Sorry to be the one who doesn’t like [name]Dorothy[/name] as much as everyone else, but I like that some people like it and use it, so everyone gets different pretty names instead of all the same.

[name]Karen[/name] you not the only one. I’m not sold on [name]Dorothy[/name] either. I love that everyone has different styles of naming. It makes this site so diverse and you know you’re going to get honest opinions from all angles. I love your suggestion of [name]Eugenia[/name]. Oddly enough I’ve been falling in love with [name]Eugenia[/name]. I know I’ll never use it but there is just something about that name. I like the sound of [name]Gina[/name], [name]Eugenia[/name] seems like it’s a classier, more sophisticated version of it.

I was really beginning to think I liked [name]Eudora[/name] … then brought it up with DH. Immediately vetoed because of the computer software. I’d totally forgotten that there is an e-mail program named [name]Eudora[/name] … what a waste of a beautiful name.