Similar to Ava?

So hubby heard the name [name]Ava[/name] the other day (as if he’s never heard it, his own cousin named her daughter [name]Ava[/name] - and she’s 5 now). But he said he liked it. I had to remind him that [name]Ava[/name] was his cousin’s name. Oh yeah, he said. I suggested [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Avalyn[/name], and [name]Aveline[/name]. He said no, no, and no. He liked [name]Ava[/name] alot and said it was really pretty.

So I’m wondering if you all could help me once again! I’m looking for something similar to [name]Ava[/name] that he might like. To refresh your memories, he likes [name]Ella[/name], [name]Shayla[/name], [name]Marissa[/name], [name]Summer[/name], [name]Cadence[/name], and [name]Juliana[/name] (more common and trendy names). And I like [name]Sariah[/name], [name]Cailyn[/name] and [name]Leighton[/name] (less common names). I do also like [name]Cadence[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name], but prefer the other 3 names more.

Sorry, I keep coming up with more names and needing more help, I’m just trying to find THE PERFECT name for our daughter, and it’s very frustrating to not be able to. But at the same time I feel I’ve seen all the names out there, and there aren’t anymore to find.

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile: Similar to [name]Ava[/name]? Hmm…

[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Aviva[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Oh [name]Jill[/name]. Thank you! You have no idea how much you and the others have done for me. I feel so bad to keep coming on here looking for more and more names. I just can’t seem to find the perfect one that me AND hubby love.

I haven’t tried these yet on him…
[name]Ada[/name] -
[name]Aviva[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]

I’ve tried these:
[name]Evelyn[/name] - he says it’s too “old”
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name]) - I like this, but he doesn’t
[name]Isla[/name] - He made some stupid comment about this name.
[name]Ivy[/name] - I really like this, but haven’t gotten him to go for it yet.

I don’t really care too much for these names.
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]

You’re so welcome, [name]Raquel[/name]! It’s so fun helping you, and if you have to post 1,000 more times until you find the perfect names, there’s nothing wrong with that!

I’m so glad you saw some names that your husband may like. I’ll keep my fingers crossed! :slight_smile:

I have no doubt that you’ll eventually find the perfect name for your baby!

Have a great day! :slight_smile:

(I hope your son is feeling better…)

Thank you so much [name]Jill[/name]! I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed too! If you get a minute, go look at the last post I just put on the main board - from my “an update on our list” thread. I got a little laugh out of it.
Yes, [name]Jacob[/name] is feeling so much better! It seems it was just a reaction from the flu shot itself. I’m just glad it wasn’t anything more serious.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Ida[/name]?

Thank you so much [name]Jill[/name]! I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed too! If you get a minute, go look at the last post I just put on the main board - from my “an update on our list” thread. I got a little laugh out of it.
Yes, [name]Jacob[/name] is feeling so much better! It seems it was just a reaction from the flu shot itself. I’m just glad it wasn’t anything more serious.[/quote]

Okay! I’m on my way! :slight_smile:

I’m glad your son is feeling better. :slight_smile: I read the end of the other thread, and I think it’s hysterical that you and husband are telling your mom the baby’s name will be [name]Leighton[/name].

(You should tell her you’re naming the baby Mulva or [name]Hortense[/name]! Perhaps she’ll be so relieved that you aren’t using either of those names, that she’ll see [name]Leighton[/name] in a whole new light.) :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Ida[/name]'s an idea too! [name]Just[/name] put it on the list to ask hubby about. Thanks!

Lmao! - Mulva or [name]Hortense[/name]. That’s funny. Oh, I don’t even know if I could keep a straight face with that! I was thinking maybe telling her Medusa? My mom is a beautician / hair-dresser, so that would be pretty funny, too.

Medusa…lol! :slight_smile:

[name]Ah[/name], don’t tell your mom you want to name the baby Mulva! It reminds me of the name of a certain female body part. If you want something awful, call her [name]Brunhilda[/name]!

Anyway, [name]Ava[/name], huh? That DOES sound like a name your husband would quite enjoy! I was going to suggest [name]Avery[/name] - it is unisex like [name]Leighton[/name]. But, then you run into the whole issue of reusing a letter! Is this okay?

I can never remember what I have and haven’t suggested to you before, so I’m just going to throw some names out there. I’m going to avoid A names until you give me the go-ahead.

Here are some Latin names like [name]Ava[/name], short and sweet:
[name]Caia[/name] - “to rejoice” (Like [name]Ky[/name]-uh)
[name]Celeste[/name] - “heavenly”
[name]Clara[/name] - “illustrious” (I say this [name]Clare[/name]-uh, but some say Cl-are-uh)
[name]Emma[/name] - “universal” (Popular and classic, but you have a [name]Jacob[/name]!)
[name]Maia[/name] - “great”
[name]Rosa[/name] - “rose” (Less like [name]Ava[/name], more like [name]Roslyn[/name])

My favorites from this set with [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] are [name]Caia[/name], [name]Clara[/name], and [name]Emma[/name].

Names that seem to have a feel like [name]Ava[/name]:
[name]Bella[/name] (Close to [name]Ella[/name], but still feels like a nickname)
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] (But I know you don’t like this one…)

My favorite from this set with [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] is [name]Stella[/name], but that is already out.

Names that are short like [name]Ava[/name]:
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Bree[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Jade[/name] (Whoops, a J!)
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

My favorites from this set with [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] are [name]Blair[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Reese[/name], and [name]Ruby[/name].

Names that are trendy, like [name]Ava[/name]:
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]

My favorites are [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Alanna[/name], and [name]Chloe[/name], [name]Lily[/name], and [name]Lucy[/name].

Names that are sweet and feminine, like [name]Ava[/name]:
[name]Audrey[/name] (That darn A again…)
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]

My favorite from this set with [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] is [name]Cara[/name]. I love it, and I think it has the classic simplicity of [name]Jacob[/name] and the femininity and style of [name]Alanna[/name].

Okay, I think that is sufficiently overwhelming you with names, so I’ll talk to you later, [name]Raquel[/name]! :slight_smile: