Sister for Annabelle Cecilia

See the results of this poll: Which is a good sister for Annabelle?

Respondents: 14 (This poll is closed)

• Adeline Elizabeth: 1 (7%)
  • EmmeLINE Claire: 9 (64%)
  • Neither work with Annabelle: 4 (29%)

I love [name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] - what a beautiful name!

For a sister, although I like both of your options, I do feel that they are a little similar to [name]Annabelle[/name].

[name]Adeline[/name] is just too close - starts with A, has 3 syllables, shares an L and N. I think calling [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name] will be quite a tongue twister! [name]Even[/name] [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Addie[/name] (if you ever get that casual) are too close.

[name]Emmeline[/name] - very nice. I think it goes really well with [name]Annabelle[/name]. It is still similar with its 3 syllables, abundance of vowels and double letters but there aren’t as many matching sounds as with [name]Adeline[/name]. If these are your two options, I definitely vote for [name]Emmeline[/name].

Some others, if you’re not completely sold:
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Nicolette[/name]

Good luck!

gwensmom:
I definately like [name]Evelyn[/name], it is also on my list. Here is the full list (just not my favorites like [name]Adeline[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name]):
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
Not thinking about baby #3 yet, but if we do have a boy, he would definately be [name]John[/name]. So [name]Jillian[/name] worries me… [name]Caroline[/name] can be too Polish-ized my in-laws, so it’s unlikely.

To me, the 3-syllable name sounds too matchy (and both are a visual eye-full.) What about [name]Amelia[/name]? Or another similar girly name without the matchy syllables and a bit simpler to look at?

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is precious!