Sister for Beatrice

See the results of this poll: Sister for Beatrice

Respondents: 48 (This poll is closed)

• Fiona : 8 (17%)
  • Miriam : 12 (25%)
  • Margo : 20 (42%)
  • Gemma: 8 (17%)

I think [name_f]Margo[/name_f] (I prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f]) goes the best with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] or even [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Meg[/name_f], or [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is pure 1920s!

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] goes fairly well - and nice nn option is [name_f]Fia[/name_f] ([name_f]Bea[/name_f] and Fi/[name_u]Fee[/name_u] too much I’d say!). It might be nice so it’s not so heavily vintage a pair (I personally don’t love super vintage on all kids - eg if you went for [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] or [name_f]Honoria[/name_f]).

I like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] - it’s a fresh, happy-making name -but choose it if you love the name the most - and “perfect” sibset is secondary (as I think it should be).

I don’t like the name [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]. It’s easy to swallow and I see it as a cold, stiff name for some reason.

Other names: [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Polly[/name_f]), [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]), [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] ([name_f]Hattie[/name_f]), [name_f]Lucette[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ([name_f]Nell[/name_f]), [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f] (one of my faves!).

Or less vintage-sounding that could go: [name_f]Annika[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f]/[name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_u]Piper[/name_u], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] (but v popular?), [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] or [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] ([name_f]Kitty[/name_f]).

It’s a tie between [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Margo[/name_f], but I picked [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] because I prefer the spelling [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. In all honesty, I’m not sure any of them really “fit” with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] stylistically – at least not from my perspective. I think of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] going with something like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or another really vintage chic name. But I don’t really subscribe to sibset soundalikes anyway… so I just picked my favorite.

I pretty much equally like [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. Voted for [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] in the end. You can’t go wrong on these three, although my friend [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] gets her name misspelled and said quite often (often gets [name_u]Marian[/name_u] or [name_f]Mariam[/name_f]).

Although I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] (prefer with the t), I don’t think it’s a great stylistic match with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] together!! They are quite different styles but there is just something about them. [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_f]Mia[/name_f]/[name_f]Mira[/name_f] would be cute :). My second choice would be [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], though I don’t like the name. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] would work beautifully, as opposed to [name_f]Margo[/name_f].

But my all time favourite name with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] would hands down be [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]!! [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_f]Della[/name_f] would be stunning. [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] nn [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] would also be gorgeous. Or [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] or [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] :).

To me, I don’t feel like any of the names ‘fit’ with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] however it’s really up to whether you want them to match!
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] seems the closest match to me, although like a previous poster said, [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] would be an even closer and has so many lovely nickname options to fit with [name_f]Bea[/name_f]!

Some other names to fit the 20s style could be [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f],[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Beth[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

I voted [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] because, quite simply, it’s my favourite name out of the options. I’m not sure any of the names are ones I’d immediately go ‘oh yes, they’ve got a type’ for, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing as I don’t feel sibsets have got to be hugely matchy.

I second the others who prefers a [name_f]Margot[/name_f] spelling.

I was torn between [name_f]Margo[/name_f] and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] but finally voted [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] because I prefer the [name_f]Margot[/name_f] spelling. I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] would be my top choice.

I think [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] would be a lovely sister to [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] is my favourite, but I voted [name_f]Margo[/name_f] as I think it’s better with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

My first thought when I read “sister for [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]” (before reading the poll" was [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. So my vote goes for [name_f]Margo[/name_f]. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] are beautiful names too, but none of them give me the same vintage feeling as [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Margo[/name_f].

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] go beautifully with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] for me, though I think they all work perfectly fine. I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] the best and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] would be my second choice.

I love [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]! It’s such a warm, sweet, soft-yet-solid name to me. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_f]Mim[/name_f]/[name_f]Miri[/name_f] would be gorgeous together!

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] would be lovely with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] too, but I’d use one of the [name_m]French[/name_m] spellings ([name_f]Margot[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaux[/name_f]) to tie in with her sister’s traditional name.