Sister for Camille

Hi there! I’m hoping for some help naming our daughter on the way. Firstborn is named [name_u]Camille[/name_u] (nickname [name_u]Cam[/name_u]) and we just love her name. For the second I love the name [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], but my husband thinks it’s too matchy and doesn’t give them their own identities. What do you all think? Is it too much? This will most likely be our last baby but if it’s not I would avoid “C” names for the next one.

Other options we are considering:
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] (husband’s top choice but I don’t know if it goes well with [name_u]Camille[/name_u])

Thank you!

1 Like

I like [name_u]Camille[/name_u] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]

Also like [name_u]Camille[/name_u] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]

Camille and…
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Adrienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Mathilde[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
Cielle
[name_f]Aimee[/name_f]
Esmée
[name_f]Étoile[/name_f]
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Alouette[/name_f]
[name_f]Anaelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lisette[/name_f]

I like [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] the best from your list to go with [name_u]Camille[/name_u]. I knew of sisters named [name_u]Camille[/name_u] and [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] so not sure if you like that name!

1 Like

Hi there.

Camille is a lovely name. I sort of agree that [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] & [name_u]Camille[/name_u] are kind of close for sisters. If [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] were your absolute favorite & the only name that you loved, I’d say go for it. If you think that there’s probably something else that you’ll love as much, maybe keep looking.

Here are my thoughts on what else you’re thinking:

Vivian-This is gorgeous. Smart, classic, elegant, feminine but not frilly…perfect w/Camille. I love the nn [name_f]Vivie[/name_f], but how cute would [name_u]Cam[/name_u] & [name_f]Vi[/name_f] or [name_u]Cam[/name_u] & [name_f]Viv[/name_f] be for sisters?

Juliette-This is also beautiful. Feminine, elegant, fairly straight forward & [name_u]French[/name_u] like [name_u]Camille[/name_u]…I like that. I think that [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] looks sleeker.

Charlotte-Nice classic name, but way popular.

Stella-Hm. I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f]! It’s spunky & elegant. Simple & classic. A bit popular, but not too bad. I think that it goes w/Camille/Cam okay.

Here are a few more ideas that you may like:

Alice

Adele

Adela

Audrey

Coraline/Cora

Daphne

Eloise

Estelle/Essie

Imogen/Imee/Idgie/Ginny/Minnie

June/Junie

Josephine/Posey

Louise

Lucienne/Lucy

Madeline/Maisy

Nora

Penelope/Penny/Polly/Poppy/Nellie

Soleil

Sloane

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I think I’m going to try to push my husband to go for [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]! I’m liking it more and more after seeing your feedback.

1 Like

I adore [name_u]Camille[/name_u] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f].

Buuut if you end up nixing C altogether, I’d suggest something with a similar flare as [name_u]Camille[/name_u], such as:

• Elyse
  • Simone
  • Pauline

I also like [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] and [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] with [name_u]Camille[/name_u].

I agree with ur hubby, too close. I’d choose [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] from your list.

I agree with the [name_u]Camille[/name_u] and Chole being matching! While there completely different in spelling and energy, the strong emphasis on C makes them too close for me! Names I suggest that match your style are:

Camille and [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] (goes better with [name_u]Camille[/name_u] than [name_f]Stella[/name_f] which I don’t really like together)

Camille and [name_f]Monique[/name_f] ([name_u]French[/name_u] themed but fit nicely and both very different and independent)

Camille and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] ([name_f]Juliet[/name_f] spelling is something I prefer due to [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] not really fitting well with [name_u]Camille[/name_u] written for me)

Camille and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] (Short but goes with [name_u]Camille[/name_u]’s elegance)

I also made a short list of C names if you want to keep the C theme or have something like [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]

Camille and [name_f]Clover[/name_f] (Out there but I love the combo together and the connection with both names is beautiful)

Camille and [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] (Also similar to [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] but has the C in [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] you love)

Camille and [name_u]Cade[/name_u] (Similar to [name_f]Clover[/name_f], I think the combo and connection is beautiful here)

Camille and [name_f]Carol[/name_f] (Simple but goes well with [name_u]Camille[/name_u])

I second some of the suggestions above – [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] are all great fits with [name_u]Camille[/name_u]!

Hi. [name_u]Camille[/name_u] is such a sweet, gentle, typically [name_u]French[/name_u] name, I would suggest picking another [name_u]French[/name_u] name or something with a softness to it, but a punchy next like your first daughter.
[name_f]Francine[/name_f] becomes [name_f]Franca[/name_f]/Frankie
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] becomes [name_u]Clem[/name_u]
[name_f]Sandrine[/name_f] becomes [name_u]Sandy[/name_u]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] becomes [name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] becomes [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Hetty[/name_f] or [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amalie[/name_f] becomes [name_f]Ama[/name_f]
[name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] becomes [name_u]Bernie[/name_u] or [name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] becomes [name_f]Della[/name_f]
Etc…
I also love the suggestion of [name_f]Clover[/name_f], if you stick with C or I believe [name_f]Tulip[/name_f] sounds lovely.
Best of luck x

I like [name_f]Stella[/name_f] with [name_u]Camille[/name_u].

You could do [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], I dont think its unusable but it does create a theme so if you don’t want to continue with Cs I would think about that now. And they do sound slightly similar.

I really like [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and if that’s your husband’s favorite then I think it would be a nice consideration unless you really don’t like it.

Violet is a favorite of mine!

I like [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] but its extremely popular. I know several little Vivians.

Juliette is also nice!

Charlotte is another C name so might as well just go with [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] then.

You have nice choices, cant go wrong but I would think about theme and also give your husband some say!

Stella is so cute with the double Ls.
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabell[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

Chloe is nice but I don’t love it with [name_u]Camille[/name_u], sorry.

Vivian is a beautiful name that I love. Have you considered the spelling [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]? While I generally prefer more simplistic spellings- I kind of love the double letters at the end of each name.

Juliette and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] also give the double letters that just stylistically pairs so nice with [name_u]Camille[/name_u]!

Good luck! You have a great list

Camille would be perfect with [name_f]Margot[/name_f] or [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]!

Thanks everyone! Great suggestions here! We are officially crossing [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] off the list. I also love love love the name [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] as someone suggested but a dear friend of mine just named her daughter that so I’d prefer not to use. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is growing on me and my husband really loves it so that’s the new front runner. Going to test it out on the bump and see if it feels right. Thanks for all of your help and great suggestions!!

1 Like

I agree with your husband; [name_u]Camille[/name_u] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] is a little too matchy. I love all your other options! [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t really decide between them… I think I would go with [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]