Sister for Cleo and Romeo

I am due in [name_u]March[/name_u] with baby #3. Our first two are [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] [name_f]Angeline[/name_f] and [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] [name_m]Matias[/name_m] [name_f]Alia[/name_f]. Last name is Hispanic, starts with a C.
We love [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] but find it too unique for a first name. Both sibs have family middle names so we thought of [name_f]Rose[/name_f], which is also a family name. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] doesn’t seem to flow to me, though, and I worry that all three sibling names sound too similar/matchy together. Ex: #2 goes by [name_u]Matty[/name_u] at school but we sometimes call him “Rome-y” which is quite close to the obvious Ro/Rosie nicknames.

Any Rose-related names that might work better? [name_u]Or[/name_u] other first names suggestions to go with [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]? TIA!

1 Like

[name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] sounds really cool to me. She could go by [name_f]Etta[/name_f] as a nn which distinguishes it from Rome-y. It still contains both the “o” sound and the letters O and E like [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] and [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] so it ties in that way.

[name_u]Cleo[/name_u] [name_f]Angeline[/name_f]
[name_m]Romeo[/name_m] [name_m]Matias[/name_m] [name_f]Alia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] would be lovely

I like the suggestions of [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] would also be lovely.

Other suggestions:

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]

I think you should reconsider [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. It is unique in terms of current popularity but not unique in terms of a name people have heard of/pronounce/spell/long history. Plus you love it.

2 Likes

I agree with Caseaa33! I don’t think [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is too unique at all. It’s an ancient name that feels fresh! It also goes great with the uncommon but classic [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] and [name_m]Romeo[/name_m]. I just read a book with my oldest daughter that features a character named [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] (one of the Pages & Co. books by [name_f]Anna[/name_f] James), and it definitely made me feel the name was usable, even though the character is not a “real” person in the book (she’s made up of magic.)

I don’t think [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is too unique at all.

[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a bad ass name!

The roman equivalent to [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is [name_f]Diana[/name_f] but I prefer [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] personally

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] sounds soo pretty ! If that’s an option it gets my vote