Sister for Elsa Helen

[quote=“twinkle”]

You could always use [name]Heather[/name] as the middle name … as [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Helen[/name] is named after two people, it might be nice for her sister to have a little bit of the family in her name, too, as well as the H connection. [name]Heather[/name] is a sweet name :slight_smile:

Haha, that is why I am always so worried about using family names - DH and I are both from large, close extended families, and I always worry that if we honour one aunt, the other ten might be offended!

I do love [name]Juniper[/name] (we considered it as a middle for one of our twin girls, and I was loathe not to use it; it is still on our list, and I hope to sneak it in there one day) and the nn [name]Juni[/name] is sweet, but I still think [name]Juniper[/name] does not totally fit with [name]Elsa[/name]. That said, loving both names is more important than them being in the same style, and [name]Juni[/name] does fit with [name]Elsa[/name], so if you were predominantly calling her that they would be good together.[/quote]

I think I just love the name regardless of the style. I love the song ‘[name]Jennifer[/name] [name]Juniper[/name]’ too - and i think that might be why i am so enamoured of the name. [name]Juni[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] sound cute together.

My aunts have such lovely names too - [name]Elizabeth[/name] (which is ANOTHER reason we chose [name]Elsa[/name] and not [name]Elizabeth[/name]) and [name]Rosemary[/name] (nn [name]June[/name], no-one knows why!) I really love!

Thanks! I really Like [name]Linnea[/name], [name]Astrid[/name] and [name]Stella[/name].
I will run them past the boss :P.

Im not sure what middle name can go with [name]Harriet[/name] without being hard - because it ends in -et. Same with [name]Annette[/name] or any other -et sounding name.

I was very aware of the ‘woodland overload’, which incidentally, would be a fantastic name for a folk/rock band! So next time I start one of those that is sorted!

[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]

(I didn’t mean to leave out [name]Lydia[/name] before)

I also like.

I dont think I could do [name]Harriet[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]. It would bother me a little inside.

this is beyond awesome.

So far I have

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Roxana[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Hyacinth[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]

You guys are SO helpful! thanks!

My favourites from your latest list:

[name]Roxana[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Hyacinth[/name]

I added another - [name]Stella[/name] [name]Hazel[/name].

And after my husband found my list and went through with a pen, the finalists are:

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]

And I think we can last until we see the baby before we make a final choice beyond this!

Thank you nameberries! x

You’re welcome, [name]Christy[/name]! I hope you’ll pop back and let us know what you decide (I’m rooting for the beautiful [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Hazel[/name], but I love spunky [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Harriet[/name], too). Good luck!

My friend has an [name]Elsa[/name] and her sister is [name]Lottie[/name].

I love [name]Lottie[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name], but we LIVE in Charlottetown so we can’t go there really…

You’re welcome, [name]Christy[/name]! I hope you’ll pop back and let us know what you decide (I’m rooting for the beautiful [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Hazel[/name], but I love spunky [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Harriet[/name], too). Good luck![/quote]

Thank you, so kind.

I must share that my husband’s favourite was actually ‘[name]Roxana[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]’

I said you cant do that. Its just wrong.

Its almost [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Montana[/name], but ever so slightly less rhymy!

Great list! I am voting for [name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]!

It’s so cool that you are maintaining your family’s H name tradition! It would be fun to do that. (Not sure if anyone has suggested [name]Henrietta[/name], but that’s a favorite vintage H name of mine in case you need more ideas now or in the future.)

I had a Great Aunt [name]Elsa[/name] and have an Aunt [name]Helen[/name]. In my maternal line (mother’s mother’s mother’s mother…) going back as far as I know (to 1781) all women in my direct line had first or middle names starting with M. I think I am the only one who noticed that fact. Anyway, I was the first one to break it when I named my daughter. Oh, well.

[name]Long[/name] live H names in your family!

I adore [name]Henrietta[/name], but it is my friend’s baby name if she ever has a baby. We have already discussed that.

I love all three names equally. I will have to see if baby girl looks like a [name]Jackie[/name], a [name]Penny[/name] or a [name]Juni[/name]!