Sister for Felix, Clara and Gideon

I’m pregnant with my second set of twins (I know :grimacing:) and DH and me are really struggling for a name. The doctors are pretty sure it’s a boy and a girl and we’ve chosen [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Roy[/name_u] for the boy with [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] as a back-up. Our eldest twins are called [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] and our last name is double-barrelled with the initials h-w.

Both of our names start with E so we’re not too keen on a name starting with E and we both like fairly traditional names. For a middle name we’re pretty set on [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]. Some names we are considering are [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]. We also like [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], but are both names of family friends so sadly out of the running. DH is keen on [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], however I’m not too fond of the nickname [name_u]Penny[/name_u].

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]! It’s held a popular spot but with the nn [name_f]Nell[/name_f] I think it would be adorable with the middle name [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]! I’m sure others will give some great suggestions but out of what you have I think it’s very sweet.

Gideon [name_u]Roy[/name_u]
&
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

Gideon, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], & [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

Hope you find the perfect name :heart:

3 Likes

Maud [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] or [name_f]Eileen[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

1 Like

I didn’t think of [name_f]Nell[/name_f] for a nickname, thank you!

Hi there.

I love [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] & [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is kind of fun too; just not my cup of tea. Although the nn [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] is super adorable. I feel like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] does fit in really well w/your crew. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the nns [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_f]Polly[/name_f] or [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]?

Sorry for any repeats, but how about [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and…

Alice

Audrey

Amelia

Bridget

Daisy

Georgia

Gemma

Greta

Hazel

Hattie

Ivy

June

Lucy

Louisa

Marigold

Margot

Olive

Phoebe

Stella

Tessa

Thea

Vida

Violet

Willa

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh, [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] is a sibset I’ve been playing with. I love your potential names and your kids’ names! I really like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (you could go with [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], or [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]), and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is also great with your other kids.

Other names:
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

1 Like

I absolutely adore [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]! It 100% matches with her siblings names. Definitely could do [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], or even just “P” as nns. That would be my first choice for you!
Some other favorites would be [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Greta[/name_f]. They fit your style and pair wonderfully with [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]!
Some variations I saw recently for [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] are [name_f]Tillie[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f] or [name_f]Mildred[/name_f], [name_f]Tilda[/name_f] & [name_u]Mattie[/name_u]. [name_f]Tillie[/name_f] & [name_f]Millie[/name_f] I think would still be fitting for what you are looking for and flow nicely with [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]. Not sure if any of those are appealing but thought I’d share just in case.
Good luck!

3 Likes

Penelope [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] sounds perfect! [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]/Nell or [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] are all great nicknames for her.

2 Likes

Of your list Beatrice Ruth is my favorite but I love Penelope and I think a nickname can be avoided, at least while she’s little. Alternatively you could come out of the gate with a different nickname, like calling her Nell for example. Harriet Ruth and Florence Ruth are excellent as well. You really can’t go wrong no matter what name you choose.

If none of your short list feels quite right then maybe:
Adelaide Ruth
Imogen Ruth
Hilda Ruth
Milicent Ruth
Audrey Ruth
Opal Ruth
Tessa Ruth
Winifred Ruth
Frances/Francesca Ruth
Lydia Ruth
Dorothy Ruth
Alice Ruth
Helena Ruth
Mabel Ruth
Veronica Ruth
Selma Ruth
Tabitha Ruth
Felicity Ruth
Louisa Ruth
Vera Ruth
Esme Ruth
Mavis Ruth
Leda/Leta Ruth
Nadine Ruth
Bianca Ruth

Added note that I adore Gideon and much prefer it to Isaiah.

1 Like

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] are beautiful with your kids’ names!

1 Like

I would also suggest the name Jasper or Sebastian as another boy’s name for your list! I personally prefer Isaiah to Gideon. But Felix is such a playful, mischievous, handsome name!!

Moving on to girls’ names, may I suggest Madeline if you can’t have Matilda? Cute literary reference!

Out of your girl names, I like Florence and Harriet best. Probably Florence more. Beatrice (nn “Bea”) is darling, though :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I, too, dislike the nn Penny, and am not keen on Penelope (although I recognize why it’s much beloved). Also, Adeline sounds like Madeline without the “M,” so it always jars me a bit. Adelaide would be a better way to get to Addie (and you have “Della” or “Ladey-Bug” as nns, which I absolutely adore).

But I will say, Clara is GORGEOUS! You might like some of the names I like (* indicates fav with your children):

*Charlotte (although 2 “C” girl names may dissuade you) Charlotte, Clara, Felix, and Flynn would by my suggestion!
Lily
Genevieve
Rosemary
Caroline
Lucy
Sabrina
Anna (Anastasia if you want a longer name)
*Violet (Felix, Clara, Sebastian, and Violet would be wow!)
Isabel (nn “Bella”)
Natalia
*Georgia (nn “Georgie”)
Josephine (nn “Josie”)
Chloe (If you did this one, I would suggest a F boy name like Flynn or Finn)
Rowan
Lena
Louisa
Eloise
Ruby

My fav set altogether is Felix, Clara, Violet, and Sebastian! Or Charlotte, Clara, Felix, and Flynn) :two_hearts:

1 Like

Juliet
[name_f]Elaine[/name_f]/Elaina
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]

1 Like

Felix and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] are beautiful!

With [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], i really like [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]! [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is lovely too and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] could be other nicknames!

Gideon and…

Phoebe
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]

1 Like

The more I think about it, the more I lean towards [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m], especially since my first choice was [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] but it’s just been too popular recently.

I love the name [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], but again I think with the princess being named that it’s received a massive surge in popularity and I know from experience that being first name-initial isn’t that great.

I really like the suggestion of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], but I’m not sure of the alliteration as our last name starts with H. I also adore [name_f]Florence[/name_f], however we have a family friend with the same name and my sister is due a few months after me, with [name_f]Florence[/name_f] ready for if they’re a girl.

1 Like

Delilah [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Alizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lenora[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Morgana[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

Penelope [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] is a great combo! Instead of [name_u]Penny[/name_u], you could use [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], or [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]!

The first name that immediately comes to mind is [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]!

Tabitha
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f]
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]

Beatrice [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]. I like that [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] have two syllables each, and [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] have three syllables each. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] are a lively yet classic pair!

Penelope nn could be [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]!

• Evelyn
  • Melody
  • Juliette

I absolutely love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] with the sibset and there are other nicknames you could use!

• elle
  • ella
  • ellie
  • lo
  • lowie
  • nellie