Sister for Helena Iris?

Hello Berries,

I am expecting a sister for my daughter [name]Helena[/name] (He-[name]LEE[/name]-na) [name]Iris[/name]. What names do you think work best?

Also, I am leaning towards using middle names either [name]Marilyn[/name] (for grandmother) or [name]Jane[/name] (for mother [name]Janelle[/name]; can’t use [name]Janelle[/name] because last name ends in -ell). Any other middle name suggestions welcome.

[name]Susanna/name
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] (only name husband really likes)
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Bernadette[/name]
[name]Ilah[/name] (this is my late grandmother’s first name. If we use it, it would have to be spelled this way. [name]Just[/name] worried about confusion with spelling on this one.)

I don’t want a name that’s too out there, but I would like nothing more popular than my daughter’s name.

Thanks!

[name]Helena[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is beautiful! My favorites on your list are [name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name]. (I had planned to use [name]Susannah[/name] for a future daughter, and [name]Louisa[/name] is high on my list too.) I also like the spelling [name]Susanna[/name].

I recommend one of these enviably beautiful names:
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Jane[/name] / [name]Susanna[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

I think they are perfect with [name]Helena[/name] [name]Iris[/name].

[name]Helena[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is so gorgeous! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Louisa[/name], and a sibset of [name]Helena[/name] [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be utter perfection. [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Petra[/name], [name]Lucinda[/name], and [name]Zara[/name] are nice, too, but [name]Louisa[/name] really stands out. [name]Ilah[/name] is maybe best for a middle name-- it’ll be confused with [name]Isla[/name], and it honestly took me a while to puzzle out the spelling/pronunciation. [name]Bernadette[/name] just doesn’t appeal, especially with the lighter, less clunky [name]Helena[/name]. Suggestions:

[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]

Thank you for the suggestions! [name]How[/name] funny! [name]Sylvia[/name] used to be my #1, but my husband was NOT about it. I love [name]Miriam[/name] as well, and the nickname [name]Miri[/name] is so cute. Now if I can just make a decision.

I have to weigh in as my name is [name]Ilah[/name] and I think it’s a great name!

I have only met 3 other [name]Ilah[/name]'s in my life and none of them have ever spelled it my way. (The other 3 were [name]Isla[/name], [name]Ila[/name], and [name]Ayla[/name]) I do have to usually help people on spelling and pronunciation, but throughout my life I’ve always gotten lots of compliments and people always remember me, which has been a big plus in my adult life as I’m a musician and performer.