Sister for Ivy Gwendolyn!

My husband and I agreed on Ivy Gwendolyn! Which is a step in the right direction. So now we need sister name ideas!

Vetoed names/can’t use names:
Willa
Thalia
Helen
Ruby
Grace
Beatrice
Sadie
Alice
Edith
Elizabeth
Genevieve
Holly
Mercy
Claire
Ruth

Our boy name idea is James, middle name not decided, and last name will be Langdon.

Why do we like Ivy Gwendolyn?

• It’s feminine and vintage but like it could still fit on an adult. Feels classy without being overused.
  • No unique spellings, easy to explain and spell, not modern or masculine.
  • Though I know both names are fairly popular, especially Ivy, I don’t hear it a lot yet.
  • Both Ivy and Gwendolyn are favorites of mine. (My husband is just happy with Ivy and isn’t complaining about Gwendolyn. He’d rather we did Ivy Lyn.)

So, what would you name a sister to Ivy if you had to make just one suggestion?

5 Likes

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] &

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_u]Clair[/name_u]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_f]Kaylin[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Alena[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]

[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Louie[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Adrian[/name_u]

1 Like

Ivy & Florence ‘Flora’ :relaxed:

1 Like

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] (which is lovely by the way) and:

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] is a gorgeous name ! If I had to pick only one name to suggest for you it would be

[name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] immediate thought for [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] sister is

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] and:

[name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f]
[name_f]May[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] is so sweet and charming!

some ideas:
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] is lovely! [name_m]Can[/name_m] I have three suggestions? :rofl: I love [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Mae[/name_f], and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] with [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. If you do want a “lyn” middle, my first thought for a combo was [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f], so I guess that would be my one!

1 Like

[name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]!

1 Like

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] is gorgeous! How about [name_f]Thea[/name_f] for a sister?

1 Like

[name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]

1 Like

I have three!

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Delia[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u]

[name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]Glyn[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]

1 Like

Hi there.

Ivy Gwendolyn is lovely! It is higher on the SSA list than I would have guessed. I’m not even sure that I’ve ever met one.

If I had just one chance to name a sister for Ivy…Ruby! But that’s been vetoed. :thinking: Maple?

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Before reading your post [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] jumped to my head. [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as the combo.

After reading your post it really seems hubby is one for the sweet and simple so the combo that came to mind to work with [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_u]James[/name_u] was [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

However to maybe appease both the vintage feels, the short and simple and the lyn preference my two combos for you would be

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Jacquline[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you all so much! I think Florence/Flora is super cute, as well as [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], and [name_f]Nora[/name_f], but I know those won’t go over well with my husband. (I think I’ve actually already suggested [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] to get “isn’t that a dog name?” :joy: That’s why we can’t do [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], too.)

I haven’t ever suggested [name_f]Nell[/name_f] or [name_u]Kit[/name_u] – might get in there with [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] or [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]. He’s already said [name_f]Katie[/name_f] isn’t so bad, and [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] might sneak by since it’s pretty well-known (plus it’s eLINor so my mom would be happy). I love [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], but I haven’t even suggested it because one of my closest friends named her puppy [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or something similar (Cora Maeve?) is gorgeous, and kind of the vibe I love – I have a niece with a similar name, [name_f]Coryn[/name_f], so it sadly won’t work, but I’m able to look at similar names and gets some ideas, at least!

After reading your update:

[name_f]Zora[/name_f] [name_f]Elinor[/name_f]

1 Like