Sister for Max

[name_m]Just[/name_m] found out that we will be expecting a little girl in [name_u]November[/name_u]! We currently have a three year old son named [name_u]Max[/name_u] and are considering the following girl names. Would love to know everyone’s thoughts.

• [name_f]Eve[/name_f] McCallion
  • [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] McCallion
  • [name_f]Liv[/name_f] McCallion
  • [name_f]Margaux[/name_f]/ [name_f]Margot[/name_f] McCallion
  • [name_f]Stella[/name_f] McCallion

0 voters

I voted for [name_f]Liv[/name_f] because it’s so bright and energetic, just like [name_u]Max[/name_u]. But [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] are also wonderful with [name_u]Max[/name_u].

It’s between [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] for me. I voted for [name_f]Liv[/name_f], but only because of the shared three letter pattern which is sweet. Otherwise it’s really neck and neck to me. You have a wonderful shortlist. Congratulations!

I love [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] but [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is just so perfect with [name_u]Max[/name_u]!

Congratulations!
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] are my favorite names for [name_u]Max[/name_u]’s little sister. I also adore [name_f]Eve[/name_f], but in this particular case, I would probably select [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] nn [name_f]Eve[/name_f] to keep both options :wink:. I love [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!
Your list is beautiful! Good luck :revolving_hearts:

I adore [name_f]Liv[/name_f] & [name_u]Max[/name_u] together!! Are you planning on having more than 2 kids, though? If so, the “three letter” theme might box you into a bit of a corner. Same with if you chose [name_f]Margot[/name_f], and then you’d have an “M” theme. Themes can certainly be broken, but it might feel awkward to break the pattern for a third.

I love the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f], but one minor thing that came to mind is that both [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] are often used as dog names, including in pop culture ([name_u]Max[/name_u] from [name_m]How[/name_m] The Grinch Stole [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], [name_f]Stella[/name_f] from Modern Family). That may be a non-issue for you because obviously they aren’t dog names! But if it might bother you to have that thought occasionally passing through people’s minds, I would maybe pick another option. The only reason I think this occurred to me though is that my husband definitely has a name that is commonly used on pets, especially dogs, and it is something I consider when making my own lists for our future kids!

[name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f]!!
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] also sounds fantastic with your surname

I voted for [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. I much prefer this spelling. I love the alliteration with [name_u]Max[/name_u] and McCallion.