Sister for Penelope?

[name]HI[/name] there!

I am expecting a baby and don’t yet know the sex - we have a great boy name picked out, but are stumped on girl names. We have a two year old named [name]Penelope[/name]. Any thoughts on this list and how these names fit with [name]Penelope[/name]?

[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Vivien[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]

Thanks for your input!

[name]Petra[/name] - petra and penelope match very well, but almost too well. i’m also just not a fan of the name petra in general.
[name]Rosalie[/name] - i like rosalie a lot, but i find these to be a mouthful to say together.
[name]Vivien[/name] - this is my favorite from your list though i prefer the spelling vivienne. both of these names sound so full of life. i think they’re adorable together.
[name]Clementine[/name] - i don’t see any problems with this as a sibling for penelope, i just don’t like it as a first name. too cutesy for me, and i don’t see any appealing nicknames. just a matter of taste though.
[name]Tabitha[/name] - another cute combo!
[name]Ophelia[/name] - like clementine, i don’t see any sibset problems…just not a fan of the name.
[name]Josephine[/name] - i like this with penelope too!

do you call penelope by any nicknames?

We call her [name]Penn[/name] for short. NOT [name]Penny[/name] - she’s just not a [name]Penny[/name]!

Other names we’ve been kicking around:

[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] (you may like [name]Cleo[/name] as a potential nickname), [name]Tabitha[/name], and [name]Josephine[/name] are my favorites with [name]Penelope[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] it!) from your first list. I love all the names from your second list, too, but with [name]Penelope[/name], I’ll vote for [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Eloise[/name]. ([name]Daphne[/name] has the same ending sound, which isn’t a big deal, and [name]Maisie[/name] seems like too much of a nickname to me with [name]Penelope[/name]. I love [name]Margaret[/name] or [name]Margot[/name], nn [name]Maisie[/name], with [name]Penelope[/name], though.)

Other names I can see with [name]Penelope[/name]:

[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] (nn [name]Cora[/name])
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]

I really love your daughter’s name, and I think you lists are wonderful! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! I love all the names on your list, too! I’ve already suggested several to my husband, but unfortunately he vetoed them…he’s just a little more conservative. :slight_smile: Anyway, thanks for your suggestions! Maybe if I show him again and indicate that they’re from another source, he’ll consider them! :slight_smile:

[name]Penelope[/name] is a lovely name:

These are my favorites from your list:
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Vivien[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]

Thanks for your input![/quote]