Sister for Rhodes Levi

[name]Hi[/name], I posted a similar thread in the boy’s section too! :slight_smile:

We have [name]Rhodes[/name] [name]Levi[/name] (18mo) and i’m pregnant with no2. We dont know the gender yet but we’re planning ahead! :slight_smile:

The middle name is going to be [name]Bird[/name] after my DH’s aunt ([name]Robin[/name] - but was nicknamed [name]Birdie[/name]), and we want a name that sounds good with it and also ‘flows’ with [name]Rhodes[/name].

Some names we like are :

[name]Bronte[/name] - I love this but not sure how it sounds with [name]Rhodes[/name]…
[name]Islay[/name] - Hubby loves this but im not sold
[name]Marnie[/name] - doesnt feel like ‘the one’

So any ideas? :slight_smile: thank you in advance!

[name]Bird[/name] is a fun middle name, but you have to be careful with the first name lest it sounds like a children’s book character ([name]Brittany[/name] [name]Bird[/name]) or a cartoon Native American ([name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Bird[/name]).

I don’t care for how [name]Bronte[/name] sounds, especially with [name]Bird[/name]-- it’s obviously an honor name, but it’s harsh and guttural.

[name]Islay[/name] is pretty and a very pretty place, but it’s more commonly given to boys, when it’s given at all. Also, I think ‘I lay’ has a sexual connotation that could be problematic for a girl. I assume you want to avoid popular [name]Isla[/name].

[name]Marnie[/name] is cute, sweet and a modern Hebrew name, but doesn’t stand up well to something as dignified and serious as [name]Rhodes[/name].

My favorite name for you is the literary, long-O [name]Ophelia[/name]. [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Bird[/name] sounds excellent, and it comes with a lot of nicknames ([name]Fia[/name], [name]Offie[/name], even [name]Ofra[/name] if you want something Hebrew).

Other thoughts:

[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name]
[name]Cliona[/name] ( a beautiful queen in irish mythology)
Corinthia
[name]Dione[/name]
[name]Eleonora[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Floriana[/name]
[name]Honoria[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name] (‘gift of [name]Isis[/name],’ much less common than [name]Isla[/name])
[name]Jovienne[/name]
[name]Leona[/name]
[name]Leocadia[/name]
[name]Malory[/name] (one L, like [name]Thomas[/name])
[name]Moriah[/name] (Hebrew)
[name]Ilona[/name] (Hebrew)
[name]Noemie[/name] (French version of [name]Naomi[/name])
[name]Orianna[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name] (Spanish for ‘dove’)
[name]Sephora[/name] (gorgeous version of [name]Zipporah[/name]-- reclaim it from the cosmetics chain)

Oooh Corinthia, [name]Antonia[/name], [name]Floriana[/name], [name]Viola[/name], and [name]Noemie[/name]!

I had to look up [name]Rhodes[/name]- I’d never seen it used as a first name. “[name]Forest[/name] clearing”
So here are some sylvan names:

[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Bird[/name]
[name]Pomona[/name] [name]Bird[/name] ([name]Roman[/name] goddess of fruit trees)
[name]Hollis[/name] [name]Bird[/name] (I like this a lot with [name]Rhodes[/name] - similarly unisex. Means “holly tree”)
[name]Acacia[/name] [name]Bird[/name] (perhaps too literally botanical, but I love [name]Acacia[/name])
[name]Shirley[/name] [name]Bird[/name] (Maybe not the feeling you’re going for, but I think it’s an underused vintage cutie, I like the sweet but not obnoxious “early bird” pun, and the meaning - it comes from an Old English surname meaning “bright clearing,” which is a nice tie to [name]Rhodes[/name].)

[name]Wallis[/name] [name]Bird[/name] is the name of a fantastic (and beautiful) Irish folk singer. I think [name]Wallis[/name] and [name]Rhodes[/name] are really cute together.

http://www.google.ie/search?q=wallis+bird&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#biv=i|11;d|vUXPBjx15T6qCM: