Sister for Tessa

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! My husband and I are expecting a baby in [name]May[/name]. We have a 6 month old daughter named [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Joni[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Joni[/name] is for folksinger [name]Joni[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name]. If we have a boy his name will be [name]Walter[/name], but we would love some suggestions for girls names and thoughts on our list so far.

We like:

[name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Sonja[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Penny[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Erin[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Lyla[/name]
[name]Louella[/name]
[name]Mya[/name]
[name]Meg[/name]
[name]Rosetta[/name]
[name]Sabra[/name]

As you can see it’s a long list and we’re pretty confused. Any ideas or insights would be very helpful!

Aw, please comment. We’d really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

[name]HI[/name] there! [name]Tessa[/name] is a great name, simple and classic! Great job there!
There are so many names on your list that i think would work amazingly for you, these are them:
[name]Cassidy[/name] - [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Cassidy[/name] sound like really sweet sisters.
[name]Eliza[/name] - [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Eliza[/name] sound like an English [name]Royal[/name] pairing. I can see them playing around the garden in their tulle filled dresses getting mucky and having the best time!
[name]Cleo[/name] - [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Cleo[/name] sound like really cool sisters. The ones that all the boys are after!
[name]Fiona[/name] - [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Fiona[/name] sound very Irish too me. They work so well together! They seem like a fun loving pair.
[name]Georgia[/name] - [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Georgia[/name]. [name]Tess[/name] & [name]Gigi[/name]. Perfection.
[name]Meg[/name] - [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Meg[/name] gives the same feeling to me as [name]Eliza[/name]. Actually [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Meg[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] is a perfect set of 3 sisters!
[name]Louella[/name] - [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Louella[/name]. [name]Tess[/name] & [name]Lou[/name]. A very southern belle type pair!

My favorites are [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Cleo[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] & Meg.

I would not go with:
[name]Colette[/name] - too formal to go with [name]Tessa[/name]!
[name]Erin[/name] - [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Erin[/name]. Try saying it outloud, a little tongue twister!
[name]Lyla[/name] - too popular, brings down the fun sophistication of [name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Rosetta[/name] - too formal
[name]Sabra[/name] - sounds like a “Lightsabre” - very star wars

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Joni[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is adorable, and I really like your list of names! My favorites with [name]Tessa[/name]:

[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]

I tend to like names together that are stylistically similar but also similar in sound and length. So I think with [name]Tessa[/name] I prefer shorter names that are clearly feminine but not very common, but also not too distinct. I especially like the way [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] sound together. Some other names I’d pair with [name]Tessa[/name]:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Sofia[/name]/[name]Sophia[/name] (but way too popular now)

But I also really like the idea of names like [name]Cleo[/name], which I think add sort of a “cool” factor to the sisters’ names. I can’t really pinpoint this category, but I think it includes names like [name]Meg[/name] and other “nickname” type names that I think can stand alone.

You have a lot of nice options, good luck!

I love [name]Tessa[/name]! For a younger sister, from your list I like:
[name]Cassidy[/name] - I like these two together, but if you ever shorten names (not a real nn but just a quick call to her, you’d end up with [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Cass[/name] - you have to decide if they’re too similar)
[name]Nina[/name] - I love [name]Nina[/name], gives off the same vibe as [name]Tessa[/name] I think. It does have the matching -a ending though
[name]Penny[/name] - A really good pairing with [name]Tessa[/name] and I think it’s adorable
[name]Cleo[/name] - definitely ups the sibset I think and it’s so spunky and unexpected.
[name]Eliza[/name] - I like it but it seems a little safe with [name]Tessa[/name] and tones down the two.

[name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Nina[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Penny[/name]

Thanks for the input, guys! [name]Cleo[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Cassidy[/name] are my three faves right now, so I’m glad they’re being well recieved. I really fell in love with [name]Cassidy[/name] half way through my pregnancy with [name]Tess[/name], but she was already named and [name]Tessa[/name] suits her very well. My inlaws are taking her tonight, so my hubby and I have time for some name talk and Thai food. Yum!