Sister for Vita and Coralina - Doriana, Talia or Aurora?

nancy_callahan - I would not be angry at all if you used [name]Marina[/name]! One nice thing about it, it’s not very common at all. My [name]Marina[/name] is 25, and in all that time we’ve met very few girls/women of any age who have it. She told me recently that she really appreciates having an unusual, yet not weird, name.

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry I didn’t notice this earlier! Thanks! My daughter’s name is [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Ann[/name] [name]Grayce[/name]. We’re having another girl (due [name]March[/name] 29th) and we are naming her [name]Sosie[/name] [name]Amanda[/name]. :slight_smile:

I luuurve that scene in [name]Love[/name] Actually too! :wink: I haven’t read the other posts closely but I like [name]Katia[/name] as well. And how special that you’re due [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Day[/name]! Good luck!

Scarlettsmom - [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Sosie[/name] are wonderful, such a sweet, feminine and ingenious combo. And your younger girl would be born soon - congratulations and good luck!

Sharaip - thank you for your post, the fact your adult daughter loves her name makes me sure it works. I’m glad it’s not so popular, as my older girs’ names aren’t too. Thank you for your idea once again.

I’m not sure if [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Day[/name] is the best due date - I would rather spend this day with my family, but still I hope she would be so nice to be born before or after this special day:). I’m fat, I’m tired and I can’t see my toes, so I’d rather prefer before:).

Now I think names still worth discussing are:
[name]Marina[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name] / [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Marina[/name]
[name]Doriana[/name] [name]Marina[/name] / [name]Doriana[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]
and
[name]Marina[/name] [name]Doriana[/name] / [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Doriana[/name]
[name]Marina[/name] has earned my heart, but I love [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Doriana[/name] too. I hope she will not be born before I choose:).

[name]Sonia[/name]/[name]Sonya[/name], [name]Tania[/name]/[name]Tanya[/name] and [name]Katia[/name]/[name]Katya[/name]: these names just dont have the wow factor of your other options or your daughters names. If my name was [name]Sonya[/name] i would be pretty pissed that my sister had a way cooler name like [name]Vita[/name]!
[name]Marina[/name]: I have a 30 yr old cousin named [name]Marina[/name] and have maybe met one other [name]Marina[/name] in my life. She likes her same as it is easy for Latin based countries to say it as well.
[name]Marianna[/name]: I actually prefer [name]Marianna[/name] to [name]Marina[/name] although both are very pretty.
[name]Aurelia[/name]: I love this name, way better than [name]Aurora[/name]!

merylp - your post is really important for me: you wrote about my thoughts, especially the wow factor - that’s what I’m looking for in the new name, but I wasn’t able to define it. And ‘If my name was [name]Sonya[/name] i would be pretty pissed that my sister had a way cooler name like [name]Vita[/name]’ - it’s wonderful, it made me sure my looking for unpopular option is’t crazy. That’s exactly why I want to choose something in the same style.
It’s hard, because my older children’s names were chosen really quickly - we’ve known they ARE [name]Vita[/name], [name]Coralina[/name] and [name]Quentin[/name] almost as soon as the doctor confirmed pregnancy. And now, I have writer’s block:) - many ideas, but I’m not sure about any.

I love [name]Talia[/name], but that MIGHT be because I’m Jewish and [name]Talia[/name] is a Hebrew name, but also because it means “gentle dew from heaven” . . . so poetic. And it just sounds very nice. . . .

I’m suggesting [name]Emilia[/name] for the name of the sister for [name]Vita[/name] and [name]Coralina[/name] and [name]Quentin[/name]. And [name]Sonia[/name] - I have a VERY VERY VERY good friend (BBFFL - Best Best [name]Friend[/name] For Life) named [name]Sonia[/name]. (I personally like [name]Sonia[/name] better than [name]Sonya[/name] or [name]Sonja[/name].)

Good luck! :slight_smile: !!

Im glad I could be of some help. Dont worry about not coming up with “the” name right away after all you have probably exhausted all your favorite names on your current children. I too understand your quest for an unusual special name. My name is [name]Meryl[/name] and I like having an unusual name and i always felt bad for my sister [name]MIchelle[/name] as there was always 3 other michelle’s in her class. NOw that I am pregnant i want an unusual name for my son, a name that he wont have to share. But its easy to go overboard and start considering names you don’t really like just because they are unusual, thats what’s happening to me :wink: I really [name]LOVE[/name] both [name]Talia[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name] they are both very uncommon and fit so well with your other childrens names. As a side note my sister [name]Michelle[/name] does [name]LOVE[/name] her name as it’s the only name my mom got to choose and she chose it because she lived in [name]France[/name] as a teenager and fell in love with the name. Because the [name]Michelle[/name] has meaning to my mother it made my sister feel special, just like being the only [name]Meryl[/name] in a highschool of over 5,000 students made me feel special.

I just wanted to cast a vote for [name]Marina[/name] since that’s the name of my four week old daughter! So far we’ve gotten nothing but positive reactions from people and it already seems to suit her. From the list you’re working with, I also love [name]Talia[/name], but are you pronouncing it as two syllables or three? I’ve heard both…Ta-li-a or [name]Tal[/name]-ia (as in [name]Natalia[/name], I’m thinking). With your other girls’ names, I think I prefer the two syllable version and if I’m completely honest, while I’m partial to [name]Marina[/name], of course, I think [name]Talia[/name] (pronounced [name]Tal[/name]-ya) blends with your daughters’ names best. Good luck!

I’ve just came across this list:

I’m sorry, but I’m absolutelu in love with [name]Ada[/name], [name]Etta[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Ida[/name], [name]Letitia[/name], Myrtla, [name]Theodora[/name] and [name]Ursula[/name]. Too much for me! It’s so hard: the little girl would be born so soon and I have no idea for the name!
I think you’ve noticed this, but English isn’t my first language - I’m from a Dutch-English family and I’ve started learning English at the age of 17. I’m glad I do gardening for living - my poor English wouldn’t kill anyone:).
so, maybe any of the names mentioned above would be apropriate? I’m really confused not, so is my husband.

Your English is wonderful! :slight_smile: I actually suggested [name]Flora[/name] before, but then I realized that [name]Flora[/name], [name]Doriana[/name], and [name]Coralina[/name] have rhyming beginning sounds ([name]Flora[/name] and [name]Cora[/name]/Dor).

[name]Ada[/name]: I think it’s pretty, but it feels different in style to me from [name]Doriana[/name], [name]Vita[/name], and [name]Coralina[/name], and very similar in sound to [name]Vita[/name]. While [name]Vita[/name] sounds like the letter V plus ta, [name]Ada[/name] sounds to me like the letter A plus “da,” which is pretty close to “ta.” You may also like [name]Adelia[/name], which I can see with [name]Vita[/name], [name]Doriana[/name], and [name]Coralina[/name].

[name]Etta[/name]: I think it’s a great name, but it sounds a lot like [name]Vita[/name] to me. You may also like [name]Elettra[/name]. What about [name]Elizabetta[/name]/[name]Elisabetta[/name]? You could always call her [name]Eliza[/name]…

[name]Ida[/name]: I definitely can’t see [name]Ida[/name] with your girls’ names, and the da ending sounds a lot like [name]Vita[/name]‘s ending to me. (Like [name]Vita[/name] and [name]Ada[/name], [name]Ida[/name] is a letter plus “da”.) [name]Lydia[/name] comes to mind, although it’s not as exotic as your girls’ names.

[name]Letitia[/name]: Not personally a [name]Letitia[/name] fan, but I can see [name]Letitia[/name] with [name]Vita[/name], but less so [name]Coralina[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Lucia[/name]?

[name]Myrtle[/name]: I can’t see [name]Myrtle[/name] with [name]Coralina[/name], [name]Vita[/name], or [name]Doriana[/name].

[name]Theodora[/name]: I think it’s a wonderful name, but [name]Dora[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] rhyme with its ending… You may like [name]Theodosia[/name].

[name]Ursula[/name]: I can’t see [name]Ursula[/name] with your girls’ names, either.

On your list, I can best see [name]Flora[/name] with your girls’ names, but I can’t see it in the mix because it rhymes with [name]Flora[/name].

From that list, I can see these names working:

[name]Adelia[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]

With [name]Flora[/name], [name]Etta[/name], [name]Ida[/name], [name]Ada[/name], and [name]Theodora[/name], I’m wondering if you’re choosing names that sound like the names you love: [name]Coralina[/name], [name]Vita[/name], and [name]Doriana[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

A lot of thanks:)

OMG. I already have three difficult, wonderful options to choose ([name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Doriana[/name] and [name]Marina[/name]) and now I see you’re welcomed some more great names! I’ve thought about [name]Flora[/name] for a long ago, I love this name, but I’m not sure about the connection between [name]Vita[/name], [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] - isn’t it too trivial??
Now I see [name]Ada[/name] and [name]Etta[/name] aren’t a good chice - too similar to [name]Vita[/name]. Thanks! I wouldn’t call my daughter [name]Elisabet/namea as far as my two little cousins are named like that.

[name]Lydia[/name] is still concerned (as far as I’m still big, fat, hungry and nervous - I think I will not give birth soon:)), as far as [name]Thea[/name] is.

[name]Glad[/name] you’ve helped:)

I’t so soon - I’m really panicked and I can’t sleep again! I can’t choose between [name]Doriana[/name], [name]Marina[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] (I’m about declaring ‘I’m not naming her!’). My husband wasn’t wery helpful, saying ‘They all are wonderful, you should be the one to choose’:). My girls loved [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Marina[/name], said [name]Doriana[/name] is to sophisticated (but as far as you remember, they are 7 and 5:)). I want to welcome her using her name, no just ‘the little girl’. [name]Happy[/name] news are, I’m still not about giving birth!

merylp (why am I not named [name]Meryl[/name]??) - maybe I can help you with your son’s name? My family is really twisted - English, Dutch, Spanish, Jewish, French and American, so I have really a lot of unusual boy’s names in my family. Now, I’m having a daughter, so maybe I can share some of my boys’ suggestions:), as I’m not using it?

[name]Hi[/name]! I realize I mistakenly wrote my last post thinking that [name]Doriana[/name] was already one of your daughters’ names. Sorry about that! (I was half asleep…) :slight_smile:

Between [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Marina[/name], I love [name]Aurelia[/name] with your daughters’ names, because [name]Marina[/name] and [name]Coralina[/name] have the same ending. Are you still considering [name]Mariana[/name]?

I saw you also love [name]Lydia[/name], and I think that’s beautiful, too, although not as distinctive as your daughters’ more exotic names. (Unless [name]Lydia[/name] is very unusual where you live, which it may be.) :slight_smile:

I know you’ll pick the perfect name! :slight_smile:

Take care!

I’m still pregnant - VERY pregnant, and I’m not relaxed at all, as my husband told me to do. Now I think only about [name]Aurelia[/name](instead of [name]Aurora[/name]), [name]Thea[/name] (instead of [name]Talia[/name]), [name]Doriana[/name] (yeah, it’s still the option) and [name]Flora[/name] - WDYT? I hope I’ll get birth right now…

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m sorry you’re so uncomfortable now, and hope you meet your baby girl soon! :slight_smile:

[name]Aurelia[/name]: I love it with [name]Vita[/name] and [name]Coralina[/name]!

[name]Thea[/name]: I think this is beautiful, too, and can see it with [name]Vita[/name] and [name]Coralina[/name].

[name]Doriana[/name]: Because its beginning is similar to [name]Coralina[/name]‘s, I like some of the other names better with your girls’ names.

[name]Flora[/name]: I love it, but it rhymes with [name]Coralina[/name]'s beginning.

I’m voting for either [name]Aurelia[/name] or [name]Thea[/name], with [name]Aurelia[/name] in first place. :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

I agree absolutely with [name]Jill[/name]!
[name]Aurelia[/name] is my number one pick, with [name]Thea[/name] in second place.

I hope you deliver soon, and I hope it goes well for you!
Good luck!

[name]Nancy[/name] I would love for you to give share some of your boys names with me! I think you have WONDERFUL taste. You could post them on my thread under boys names I have two going one is “night vs [name]Knight[/name]” the other is “i have a morbid last name help!” the last name is coffin!!

I like [name]Flora[/name] as well but [name]Aurelia[/name] is nicer in my opinion. good luck!

I love [name]Aurora[/name]!

Other option-

[name]Livana[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]

It’s funny, but choosing a name was easier before I posted here:) and before you proposed all these wonderful names. I’ve thought, I have to choose ONLY between [name]Doriana[/name], [name]Talia[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name], but you were so helpful and invented more charming options for me:). Now I’m almost sure [name]Aurelia[/name] IS the name, but [name]Flora[/name] and [name]Thea[/name] are wonderful too. Being big, fat and sooo pregnant isn’t helpful:) - my daughters are asking, when their little sister is arriving, and I can’t answer:)