Sister for Vita and Coralina - Doriana, Talia or Aurora?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone - it’s my first time here:). I’m asking for help - I am expecting a third girl, due in two weeks. She’s got two older sisters and a brother, named [name]Vita[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] (age 7), [name]Coralina[/name] [name]Willa[/name] (5) and [name]Quentin[/name] [name]James[/name] (2). I want to continue -a ending girl’s name tradition, but which one is the best? Our list, after narrowing it: [name]Doriana[/name], [name]Talia[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name] are on the top

• [name]Doriana[/name] is an old family choice (my g-grandmother’s, grandmother’s and a lot of aunts’ name), I think, worth using again
  • [name]Talia[/name] is the most beautiful hebrew name we’ve found (and a part of my family are Jews, they would appreciate it, I’m sure, but that’s not the main reason)
  • and [name]Aurora[/name] is just the one we’re both in love with no reason. Which one do you like most? And maybe you have any more ideas?, ‘-a’ ending is the only rule and our ideas aren’t ultimate:)

First I have to say I [name]LOVE[/name] all your childrens names! especially [name]Coralina[/name]. To your names, I’m not really digging [name]Doriana[/name], not sure why but it’s not doing much for me, but if it’s a family name I wouldn’t rule it out. [name]Talia[/name] is gorgeous and a name I have always loved but I’ve noticed it’s become quiet popular recently (don’t know if that bothers you). [name]Aurora[/name]–I’ve always felt this awkward to say but I love how it looks on paper so it’s never been a top choice of mine. Here are some other names you might like.

[name]Ariana[/name] (close to [name]Doriana[/name] but [name]IMO[/name] prettier)
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Cambria[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Annalisa[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]/[name]Sarina[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Gracia[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]/[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Alina[/name]
[name]Iona[/name]

WDYT?

[name]Aurora[/name] doesn’t seem to fit. To me, it’s a name from my generation (child of the early 80s), while [name]Talia[/name] and [name]Doriana[/name] have more of that vintage hip feel that is in style right now. Personally, I like [name]Doriana[/name] the best. It has great flow and seems like a perfect fit with your other names. Also there’s cute nn potential ([name]Dori[/name], [name]Ria[/name], [name]Ana[/name]), whereas with [name]Talia[/name], it’s pretty much already a nickname.

I’ve never heard [name]Doriana[/name] before, but I find it quite charming.
I like the nn [name]Dori[/name], too. I’m wondering, though, if it’s somehow too close to [name]Coralina[/name] - what do you call her for short? You probably wouldn’t want a [name]Cora[/name] and a [name]Dora[/name] or a [name]Cori[/name] and a [name]Dori[/name]. And I’m not sure how you would feel about a [name]Cora[/name] and a [name]Dori[/name]?? Of course, there is always the nn [name]Ana[/name], which is very pretty too and fits in perfectly with [name]Vita[/name] and [name]Cora[/name]/i.

By the way, I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Quentin[/name] [name]James[/name]!

I prefer [name]Talia[/name]. Someone else mentioned the name [name]Bianca[/name], which I think is very pretty, too.

I dislike [name]Doriana[/name]…[name]Dorothea[/name] would be pretty.
[name]Talia[/name] is very sweet…with nn [name]Tallie[/name] or [name]Tally[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] is beautiful…in my top ten (:

from your other daughters’ names though I think [name]Talia[/name] is most suiting.

[name]Doriana[/name] - I don’t really like this, but it does fit beautifully with the vintage feel of your other names
[name]Aurora[/name] - my favourite personally, but I don’t think it fits well with [name]Vita[/name] and [name]Coralina[/name]
[name]Talia[/name] - to me this is the perfect fit. A bit vintage a bit modern and very pretty.

[name]Doriana[/name] is quite rare: English female form of ”[name]Dorian[/name]” (but I hear it sometimes, visiting my family in [name]London[/name], maybe it”s getting popular again because of this retro feeling). French version, [name]Dorianne[/name] is more popular, I think.
[name]Coralina[/name] is [name]Coralina[/name] thanks to [name]Neil[/name] Gaiman”s novel, which I read when pregnant:?. She is nn [name]Cora[/name].
minkajoy ” thanks for compliment and for [name]Lydia[/name] ” we really like it. And now I think [name]Aurelia[/name] is better than [name]Aurora[/name], quite similar, but sounds softer and sweeter.
pdxlibrarian ” and what do you think about [name]Aurelia[/name] instead [name]Aurora[/name]? It”s minkajoy”s choice |I find really charming
jlm ” you share my doubts: [name]Doriana[/name] must be nn, it”s clearly too long for everyday use, and I”m afraid [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Dora[/name] isn”t a good idea?, even [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Dori[/name] sound bit too close. [name]Quentin[/name] [name]James[/name] is my husband”s choice, glad you like it.

Now I think I should consider few more options once again. [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Nora[/name], my friends suggested also [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Charlotta[/name]. WDYT?

oh, and what about names like [name]Tania[/name]/[name]Tanya[/name], [name]Sonia[/name]/[name]Sonya[/name] and [name]Katia[/name]/[name]Katya[/name]? Are they in too different style to match [name]Vita[/name] and [name]Coralina[/name], or are worth discussing?

[name]Doriana[/name] - I’ve heard of this name b/c my fave show is So You Think You Can Dance, and their Disco choreographer is named [name]Doriana[/name] [name]Sanchez[/name]. I think it goes well with your daughters’ names.

[name]Talia[/name] - this seems to fit well too and it has 3 syllables to go with the other girls’ two and four, as in [name]Vi[/name]-ta, Ta-li-a, and [name]Cor[/name]-a-lin-a!

[name]Aurora[/name] - even though it ends in “uh” it just doesn’t seem to match. I like the suggestion of [name]Aurelia[/name] though, very pretty and love the [name]Aurelia[/name] storyline in the movie [name]Love[/name] Actually.

I love [name]Love[/name] Actually! And the name [name]Aurelia[/name] reminds me the scene, when [name]Colin[/name] [name]Firth[/name] proposes in his poor portuguese, saying ‘[name]Bonita[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]’.
Btw, I love the name [name]Scarlett[/name] too, can I ask, what’s her middle name?

[name]Hi[/name]! From your names, I really like [name]Doriana[/name] with [name]Coralina[/name] and [name]Vita[/name], but it sounds similar to [name]Coralina[/name]'s beginning sound. Now that I think about it, [name]Aurora[/name] has [name]Cora[/name]‘s beginning sound, too. (I love [name]Talia[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name], too, but to me, [name]Doriana[/name] best captures the vintage charm of your daughters’ names.)

More you may like (I apologize for repeats):

[name]Amandine[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name] (oops…it has the OR sound…)
[name]Estella[/name]/[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] (oops…OR sound…)
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Mariella[/name] (I think it’s a better fit than [name]Marielle[/name])
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name] (nn [name]Talia[/name])
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Rosalia[/name] (morbid meaning, though)
Rosabel/[name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Raphaela[/name]
[name]Simona[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Talia[/name] is the best choice. It makes me think of one of my favorite [name]Joan[/name] [name]Baez[/name] songs, Gulf Winds.

I have two daughters, [name]Marina[/name] [name]Christine[/name] and [name]Teresa[/name] [name]Lynn[/name], I’m also a fan of “a” ending…

[name]Jill[/name] - I love [name]Mariana[/name] and [name]Raphaela[/name]! [name]Rosalia[/name] is beautiful too, but - for the reason you’ve noticed - I can’t stand the meaning. Another girls adviced me previously to leave [name]Aurora[/name] for [name]Aurelia[/name], so you are not alone - I’m sure now it sounds much better.

Sharaip - [name]Marina[/name] is absolutely gorgeous! Would you be angry, if I steal your wonderful idea and name the little one [name]Marina[/name] or [name]Mariana[/name]? It’s the choice I haven’t considered before, but I felt in love with immediately - big sisters also think it’s adorable.

I love [name]Mariana[/name] and [name]Raphaela[/name], too, and think that [name]Mariana[/name] (your favorite of the two) is so beautiful with [name]Vita[/name] and [name]Coralina[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name], you’re still not sleeping (and I can’t sleep) so maybe I can ask you for personal advice - WDYT of names like [name]Sonia[/name]/[name]Sonya[/name], [name]Tania[/name]/[name]Tanya[/name] and [name]Katia[/name]/[name]Katya[/name]? I’ve asked before, but I guess other girls didn’t notice this question. My husband is a great fan of such names, and I concede they have a lot of charm but I’m not sure - isn’t the style too different?

[name]Hi[/name]! I was planning on going to bed in a bit, but I’m still up! :slight_smile:

[name]Sonia[/name]: I think this is a very pretty name, but I can’t really see it with [name]Coralina[/name] or [name]Vita[/name] because it feels so different in style. I love your daughters’ names so much!

[name]Tania[/name]: I like [name]Sonia[/name] better, but I can’t really see it with your daughters’ names. Here’s what [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] wrote about it: “[name]Long[/name] integrated into the U. S. name pool but still retaining some Slavic flavor, [name]Tanya[/name] feels a bit tired; it’s ready for replacement by cooler Russian choices like [name]Sasha[/name], [name]Mischa[/name], or parent name [name]Tatiana[/name].” I agree!

[name]Tania[/name] reminds me of [name]Talia[/name], and I can see [name]Natalia[/name], nn [name]Talia[/name] with [name]Vita[/name] and [name]Coralina[/name].

[name]Katia[/name]: This is my favorite of the three, and I think it’s so beautiful! I can see [name]Katia[/name] with [name]Vita[/name], but less so with [name]Coralina[/name].

So, [name]Katia[/name] is the one I can best see with your girls’ names, but I can better see names like [name]Mariana[/name], [name]Raphaela[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name], etc. :slight_smile:

Have a great night! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much - I’m still waiting for my husband (he’s a doctor and will be back home about 3am, when he ends his duty hours) but now I know what to tell him:) - [name]Katia[/name] is my favourite form this set, but still I prefer classic ones like [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Raphaela[/name] and [name]Marina[/name] and I know i’m not alone:).
[name]Little[/name] one’s due date is [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Day[/name] - that’s why I’m getting more and more nervous now.
thank you and good night!

You’re welcome! You’re due [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Day[/name]? Wow! :slight_smile: About [name]Mariana[/name]/[name]Marina[/name]: I can better see [name]Mariana[/name] with [name]Vita[/name] and [name]Coralina[/name] than I can [name]Marina[/name], because [name]Marina[/name]'s -ina ending is the same as [name]Coralina[/name]'s.

I think your children have wonderful names!

Good luck (and goodnight!) :slight_smile:

Normally I would have chosen [name]Aurora[/name] or [name]Tahlia[/name] but with your kids names I think [name]Doriana[/name] is a good fit. It is such as soft, feminine and of course unusual choice but I like it. I like it more than [name]Dorothea[/name].

I love the boy’s name [name]Dorian[/name]. I hope one day that I will find a little [name]Dorian[/name].