Sister names for Lucy!

I love the name [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and am pretty set on using this if I had a child in the future (just so you know I am a long way off doing so). But, who knows, my tastes might change.

I’d like to fid out your opinions on the name [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. Full Names? Nicknames? Spellings?

Also, sibling names, especially girls. I’ve already tried out:

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]

[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]

What do you think of these? Also some name suggestions would be welcome

Hey [name_u]Jess[/name_u],

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is pretty cute… nickname ideas include:

[name_f]Lulu[/name_f], [name_u]Lou[/name_u], Cici, [name_u]Lee[/name_u]

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], [name_f]Lucille[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (loo-sha or loo-see-yah), Lucabelle (loos-a-bell) is more like a compound name/smoosh name. [name_u]Luca[/name_u] with the hard c sound is a unisex option

[name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] is pretty as well but not sure if this is legit? Lucianne is along the same lines but I don’t know if it is even on NB to be honest.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] & [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] work really well together

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] sound fine, but I personally prefer [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] paired with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] sound a bit corny to me, no offense, maybe find a name that can have poppy as a nickname. Maybe [name_u]Piper[/name_u] instead to go with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], and [name_u]Max[/name_u] all go very well with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Susan[/name_f] (like in [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] :P)
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nia[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]

[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] all go really well with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] is a beautiful name. However, the two -y endings might make it seem like you’re purposefully making them “match” so to speak.
I’m not a fan of [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] because I’ve always felt like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a classy, vintage name whereas [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] is a little “chavvy” (sorry anyone called [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] it’s just my personal experiences with people called [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]).
I do like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] though, but I prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] “[name_f]Bella[/name_f],” as they feel quite classy. I don’t ven know haha :stuck_out_tongue: x

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] was very nearly the name of my second daughter and its our top pick for a future third child. I love it too, its so pretty and timeless and elegant.

I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] sounds good with my other children’s names, which are [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], but I’m not sure if they’d interest you. Other girl names that would be great sibling names for [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]:

[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]

[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] (Great with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], imo)
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] nn [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]

Thanks for all your suggestions! :slight_smile:

@ashleyjuliette: [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] is listed on nameberry in the Girls names section. Lucianne and Lucabelle aren’t though are really nice full names for [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] has to be my favourite though.

Keep the suggestions coming in!

bump…

(spammed my own thread :o

I have a [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and her older sister’s name is [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and her younger sister’s name is [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. Good [name_m]Luck[/name_m]!

A friend of mine has 2 girls, [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. [name_f]Love[/name_f] the names and gorgeous girls too.

Since you all seem to like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], which share the U and y at the end, What do you think of siblings called [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]?

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is spunky and full of spirit so I see these girls names as her sister.

[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Clio[/name_f]/[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Nola[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_f]Molly[/name_f]. They are my favourites from your list.

What does everyone else think?

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Violet[/name_f]? [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] sound like perfect sister names to me!
Or for a boy maybe [name_m]Adam[/name_m]? [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_m]Adam[/name_m]. I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] goes pretty well with most names, as long as the other name isn’t too out there.
But even names like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] work, or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_u]Kai[/name_u].

I’m not keen on [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I like other flower names though, like [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f].

What do you think of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f]?

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] was actually what popped into my mind first up. You already mention you like [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] as a full name. [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] could be another option, and for [name_f]Lily[/name_f] - [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] would be pretty option. They may sound a bit ‘matchy’ to some people, but you might like that.

All the best!

bump…