Sister names

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries!

I was thinking about hypothetical sisters this morning when I was following my cat around the yard making sure that he doesn’t jump the fence. :cat: The three names that I love enough to use are [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you:

a.) think that it’s weird to have one kid w/a nn & two without?

b.) think that having the cutesy sounding [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] & [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] in the same sister set as the dramatic [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] weird?

c.) if stated yes to any of the above, what would use suggest as a sister to [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] & [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]? Those two are more set in stone, I’d say.

Thanks!

With a [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and a [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], I’d expect [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] to have a nickname, especially since it’s so much longer. Some ideas: [name_u]Gwyn[/name_u], [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_f]Neve[/name_f], Gwynnie, [name_m]Gee[/name_m], [name_f]Geegee[/name_f], [name_f]Winnie[/name_f].

If you didn’t use [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] “[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]” I’d pick a name that would sort of bridge [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. Something cute, but not as much as [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], and longer, but not as dramatic as [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. Think [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Georgina[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f], [name_f]Viola[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], [name_f]Maxine[/name_f], etc.

1 Like

Thanks, @tallemaja!

I do love [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]. I suppose that could be a good option.

I love the idea of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] w/Guinevere & [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], but that’s my dog’s mn. :dog: But I super love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]! I keep forgetting about that one. I am kind of falling in love w/Rosalie too recently. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

a.) Is it weird to have one kid w/a nn & two without?
Not really. I’ve known several sibling sets where only one has gone by a nickname. Nicknames dont need to be forced.

b.) think that having the cutesy sounding Daisy & Nelliein the same sister set as the dramatic Guinevere weird?
I think I’d probably expected [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] to go by her full name or [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] to have a nickname but I don’t think it’s a huge deal

c.) if stated yes to any of the above, what would use suggest as a sister to Daisy & Guinevere? Those two are more set in stone, I’d say

If i had to suggest some names, I’d say
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_f]Myrtle[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]

Thank you @greyblue!

I guess you’re right that nns shouldn’t be forced. I love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] on its own, but it’s so popular. I think that most probably don’t go by [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]. Plus, [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] was my great grandma’s name, so it’s double special. I love [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] & [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] from the list. Also, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], but then I’d want to call her [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] too! And I’d want to call [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. But [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] is a name that I keep forgetting that I really love, so thank you for reminding me. :slight_smile:

I’m answering “no” and “no” for the first two questions. I think they go perfect together! Here are some other names that come to mind:
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Nala[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]

Thanks, @may.rose!

I’m glad that you think they go perfectly together. They’re the only three that I find special enough to use for girls. I love the suggestion of [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f], & could consider that. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I’d feel compelled to call her [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]! And [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is my favorite name at the moment & has been for a while because it’s my sweet doggy’s name. And I have loved [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] for years & years, but so did my mom and she named her cat [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]. :cat: So many great names taken by pets in my family. :joy:

1 Like

a) Nope! I wouldn’t give it a second thought if I met a sibset like this :slight_smile:
b) I don’t think it’s weird, but I think I would personally be inclined to nickname [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] in this situation. I love the previous suggestion of [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]; [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] “[name_f]Nellie[/name_f],” and [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] “[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]” seem absolutely perfect together to me.
c) I think the three work together, and I love the idea that you’d be using your three very favorite names. I wouldn’t lose [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] personally–partly because I happen to love it, but partly because I think it serves as a sort of bridge between sweet, lively [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and long, romantic [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. I do love the previous suggestion of [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] for you though, if you’re looking for a substitute!

Thanks @dandy_orchid!

I love [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], but I just love [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] so much that I’d want her to be called that all of the time. I love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] & [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] equally. :). And you’re right that it’s a good bridge between [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] & [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. I also think that [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is. I don’t love it as much as [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but it’s lovely & way less popular.

1 Like