Sister Set Thoughts 💐

Whilst these are all imaginary (collecting for future names), at this point in time I don’t see myself having more than two girls but I have around 20 names I like so I’ve split the names in sets of two (some of which I love, some I like and some I’m not so fond on as sets since I love all the names as individuals). Here they are split into those categories with short reasonings of why they’re in that spot so throw some thoughts on each set (make new pairings if you want or change middle names on the ones I mention not being crazy on the middles already chosen):

Sets I Love
  • Matilda Felicity “Tilly” + Eliza Violet “Liza/Lizzy”
    Classic names that are making a modern comeback, I also feel like they flow very well together.

• Clara Abigail “Coco” + Eloise Harriet “Elsie/Lola/Lou”
    These names feel very balletic and cottage-core to me, for some reason I picture the same aesthetic and get the same vibe from these ones.

• Imogen Daisy “Mimi” + Florence Ivy “Flora/Floss”
    A bit of a last minute pairing as I was starting to run out of names that paired perfectly together which I then came to love and I like that unintentional floral middle name connection.

• Lydia June “Libby” + Margot Elise “Maggie”
    Two names I can definitely picture together, they feel very vintage/classic but also feel like names celebrities or influencers could use simultaneously.

Sets I Like
  • Ingrid Hope “Indie” + Freya Lucille “Faye”
    I can see why I’m not madly in love with these despite Ingrid and Freya going the best together out of the names since they both give off scandinavian feels and are hard to pair with any other names due to their harsh sound. I think the reason I’m thinking would be that the middle name pairings aren’t perfect which slightly ruins the flow.

• Emilia Hazel “Emmy” + Lucy Annabelle
    I’d love to give a long reasoning as to why this is in this category (like with every other pair) but I can’t place what exactly bothers me about this name set enough for it to not be in the love category despite me really liking the names, nicknames and full name combos. Maybe it’s lacking the creativity and spark of the other sets and feels a bit too generic.

• Aurora Juliet “Rory” + Elena Beatrice “Lena”
    Love the first names and nicknames for both but they just don’t pair as well together as I initially thought (maybe the middle names ruin the vibe I was going for), also I was struggling with middle name parings for these ones (and whilst I think I’ve landed on a combo I love for Elena, I’m not crazy in love with my Aurora combo since it seems like such a hard one to pair due to its harsh “r” sounds).

Sets I’m Not Too Fond Of
  • Athena Sylvie “Thea” + Esme Camille
    The only reason these two ended up in the same pair is that they both feel greek/latin but I’m not too fond of them as a set.
  • Penelope Luna “Poppy” + Iris Evangeline / Esther Lily “Tess”
    Had to create a set of 3 with the last remaining names but I’m actually starting to like it after adding one of the names in the previous set which was originally the one with 3 names to this set so maybe it shouldn’t belong in this category after all and might be climbing up to the likes section (even though the long short name combo is throwing me off slightly).

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite sets:

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - well matched in style and hold their own

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] - elegant and cosy

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] - sweet but sharp vibes

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] - warm and bright feeling

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - I like the stylish/vintage feel of this and the balance of long/short, short/long

Some changes I’d make:

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Celine[/name_f]

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Josette[/name_f] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]

[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] top two are [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]: [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] & [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]: [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Tess[/name_f]

1 Like