Skipper jane 💓

[name_m]Case[/name_m] in point: [name_f]Paige[/name_f], [name_u]Piper[/name_u], [name_u]Taylor[/name_u], [name_u]Mason[/name_u], [name_u]Harper[/name_u], Sailor… each masculine occupation names with an extensive record of use for girls. I don’t see an issue with it being a job title or a bit cutesy. [name_u]Piper[/name_u] and [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] are taken seriously.

1 Like

I like its spunky sound! And the balance of zippy + serious.

I’m personally not a huge fan of [name_u]Skipper[/name_u], maybe because skipping feels like a… random action? Don’t know if that makes sense, but the action of skipping doesn’t have any special qualities in my head so it feels a bit random in a name even with the captain meaning. It’s nice for you though!

1 Like

OH MY GOSH!!! This is the cutest name ever.

1 Like

I love it! This is one of those that I would hear shouted at the supermarket or playground and then think about for years. It feels balanced and flows beautifully.

2 Likes

[name_u]Skipper[/name_u] super reminds me of Gilligans Island… I just cant see it on a girl or as a legal name.

Hmmm… I think it could grow on me! It’s certainly fun and fresh, but it feels a bit masculine to me, mostly because of the [name_u]Skipper[/name_u] in Gilligan’s [name_u]Island[/name_u].

Sad to say I agree. I think it’s adorable for a baby or child. But doesn’t translate to adulthood well. I’m an attorney and I always imagine if I had to go to [name_m]Court[/name_m] or a deposition and introduce myself professionally to a judge as “Skipper.” [name_u]Or[/name_u] hand someone a business card with the name. If there was any way to pick another name and use [name_u]Skipper[/name_u] as a nn, that would be my vote.

[name_u]Skipper[/name_u] also makes me think of Barbie’s younger sister.

Thanks everyone, going to close this now - glad to see the majority loves [name_u]Skipper[/name_u] as much as I do! :heartbeat:

1 Like