Sky, Skye, Skylar, Skyler?

Which do you prefer for a boy?

Sky and [name_u]Skye[/name_u] have different meanings to me and of the two I prefer [name_u]Skye[/name_u] because of the association to the island, but phonetically the sky as well.

I am not so in love with [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] or [name_u]Skyler[/name_u], but I prefer the lar ending to the ler ending.

For me [name_u]Sky[/name_u] and [name_u]Skye[/name_u] ring very feminine, maybe because I’ve only ever come across girls with those names. I like both [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] and [name_u]Skyler[/name_u] for a boy, personally I prefer the ler ending but honestly both are nice.

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] and [name_u]Sky[/name_u] on a boy!! Personally I prefer those spellings, but [name_u]Skye[/name_u] could work too!

I do think some people will find it feminine, but I love feminine names on boys, and I don’t think it’s a negative thing at all! [name_u]Sky[/name_u] seems handsome and strong to me!

2 Likes

To me, [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] and [name_u]Skyler[/name_u] are very feminine, as well as [name_u]Sky[/name_u] and [name_u]Skye[/name_u]. If you really like that name for a boy I would go with [name_u]Sky[/name_u] because it looks the most masculine

1 Like

I love [name_u]Sky[/name_u] for a boy! Between [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] and [name_u]Skyler[/name_u], I prefer the spelling [name_u]Skylar[/name_u].

Love [name_u]Sky[/name_u]!

Love [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] with nicknames [name_m]Lars[/name_m], [name_u]Sky[/name_u], or [name_m]Ky[/name_m]! I actually know a [name_u]Skylar[/name_u](b) in his late teens

I like [name_u]Skye[/name_u]!

1 Like

Adore [name_u]Sky[/name_u], but no reason why [name_u]Skye[/name_u] couldn’t work for a boy. The island is beautiful.

I’m not mad keen on [name_u]Skyler[/name_u]/Skylar, but if I had to choose I’d go with the full [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] spelling for a boy.

1 Like

I like [name_u]Skye[/name_u] best – mainly for the [name_f]Isle[/name_f] association. It makes me think of the Outlander theme. And I honestly like it for a boy. ([name_u]Skyler[/name_u], not so much.) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Skylar would be my pick.

Sky and [name_u]Skye[/name_u] just seem feminine to me.

Never been a fan of [name_u]Skyler[/name_u]/Skylar, but I love [name_u]Sky[/name_u] or [name_u]Skye[/name_u] for a boy. [name_u]Skye[/name_u] especially.

1 Like

I like [name_u]Sky[/name_u] and [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] the most and Skyler the least but I think all of them are great. I would love any of these names on a boy! Wish people were less concerned about it sounding feminine as it’s not a bad thing

2 Likes

I agree with previous posters that my inclination would be [name_u]Sky[/name_u] for a boy, [name_u]Skye[/name_u] for a girl. But I’ve considered both for a boy in the past. [name_u]Skye[/name_u] looks more “complete” to me as a name.

1 Like

I’m not really a fan of [name_u]Skylar[/name_u]/Skyler, but [name_u]Skye[/name_u]/Sky is great! I’ve always seen it as unisex because of [name_u]Sky[/name_u] in Mamma [name_f]Mia[/name_f], plus it’s a nature name and they’re usually fair game. I can’t decide which spelling I prefer though :thinking:

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone for the comments and feedback. [name_u]Sky[/name_u] and [name_u]Skye[/name_u] seem more popular than [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] or [name_u]Skylar[/name_u], with a small preference for [name_u]Sky[/name_u] over [name_u]Skye[/name_u], but I am encouraged by the positivity for [name_u]Skye[/name_u]. @QuirkFlower made me realize that I too also think of [name_u]Skye[/name_u] as looking more complete, and as I said, I really like the Island connection too. I hadn’t thought of the Outlander connection/theme that @elanorelle mentioned, but that’s another bonus.

[name_u]Skye[/name_u] has made it on to my list now and now I need to think about middle names :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of all of them I prefer [name_u]Sky[/name_u]. Not a fan of [name_u]Skylar[/name_u]/er because of how popular it is. [name_u]Sky[/name_u] reminds me of [name_m]Ky[/name_m] and it’s very gender neutral to me, just not as common. [name_u]Sky[/name_u] > [name_u]Skye[/name_u] because I like traditional spellings for shorter names like that.

I thought of Mamma [name_f]Mia[/name_f], too. Makes it feel more boyish to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like