Slave

what do you think about slave?

Please tell me you aren’t serious, or there is some kind of language barrier. I don’t want to be rude, but please do not even consitter using this name. The implications for your child would be unimaginable. I really hope you are just joking.

Slave obviously reminds me of slavery, which I personally view as a horrible, tragic part of American [name]History[/name]. I think it would be a very insensitive and offensive choice of name, as it would surely upset those who are appalled by slavery and racism.

I wish I hadn’t seen this word being considered as a name on Nameberry, and I can’t imagine seeing or hearing it as an actual given name.

Slave is not a name. Being called a slave would be the same as living in hell. Did you ever study history? [name]Do[/name] you know what a slave is? You could not possibly call your child slave. [name]DON[/name]'T [name]DO[/name] IT!

I’m sorry for being rude but I think you need it shocked into you that slave is an awful word and a horrific thing to do to a person.

The dictionary definition (one of them) for slave is: One bound in servitude as the property of a person or household.

Please research what a slave is or any other offensive titles before you suggest them as names on this site.

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Oh boy! I don’t even want to say anything other than this is a no-brainer - you simply cannot, under any circumstances, use this as a name, for anything (and I mean anything).

Might you consider [name]Slade[/name]?

Really? If you would like your child to have a mental/emotional complex, then go ahead. Bad idea though…how about massah? You can’t possibly be ignorant of the history of this word, it is pretty offensive in every way. You might as well name it Murderer or Portapotty…seriously.

[name]Hi[/name] guys. No i’m not consider this name. i just want to know your opinion. i met a baby boy last week named Slave and i never met anybody with that name. i share the same opinion that you. i really think its ridiculous to name a child Slave. i would never name my baby Slave. Thank you for all the opinions. :slight_smile:

That is just awful! Poor child :frowning:

i’m sorry if I offended you but it wasn’t my intention. i really just want to know your opinion. i really think the baby i meet is going to hate his name. poor child. i really think is ridiculous. when i heard the name of the baby i was really shock. i even ask the mom are you serious? its really slave not slade? but she said it was slave. that moment i just thought in my head poor child. sorry once again if i offended you.

It’s not your fault! Wow, what was that mother thinking?

Poor kid :frowning:

Oh the poor child! If I were him, I would change it as soon as it became legal for me to do so. [name]Imagine[/name] having a name with such terrible connections and history… I don’t know what the mother could’ve been thinking to a name child that!

Oh that’s such a relief! Sorry for my previous response, I just had a hard time imagining what kind of person would do that to a child. But you’re not so that’s great:)

Wait… Oh dear lord NO! Some one actually did that to their son? That poor, poor baby… I’m sure he cries every time he hears his name:(

• [name]Charlie[/name]