Sleepless nights - I need a name!!!!!

See the results of this poll: Oliver James, Ellery Mae & ?

Respondents: 55 (This poll is closed)

• Beckett Elizabeth: 2 (4%)
  • Violet Elizabeth: 18 (33%)
  • Marlowe Elizabeth: 14 (25%)
  • Ivy Elizabeth: 6 (11%)
  • Beatrice Elizabeth: 1 (2%)
  • Daphne Elizabeth: 9 (16%)
  • Jane Elizabeth: 1 (2%)
  • Harriet Elizabeth: 4 (7%)

[name]Hi[/name]! I thought I’d copy my reply from the other post…

I love so many of your names! (I apologize, but I can’t recall your children’s names…)

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I can totally appreciate unisex names, but [name]Beckett[/name] is all boy to me…

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I think this is stunning…

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I love this so much, too…

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I love [name]Beatrice[/name], but I’m thinking that some of your other combos have a better flow…

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I love it…

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I think it’s beautiful, but if your other daughter has a more unconventional name, I’m thinking that some of your other choices may be a better fit…

[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I think this is great! I love [name]Harriet[/name], and think that [name]Hattie[/name] is a darling nickname.

[name]Marlowe[/name]: I prefer [name]Marlowe[/name] over [name]Beckett[/name] for a girl, and think that [name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is very pretty. If your daughter has a unisex name, I think this would be a good fit.

I voted for [name]Violet[/name], but it was tied with [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], and [name]Harriet[/name]. :slight_smile:

(But if your daughter has a unisex name–I’m thinking it’s [name]Emery[/name] or [name]Ellery[/name]–I think that [name]Marlowe[/name] would fit very well.)

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I picked [name]Jane[/name] because I love it with [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I love [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], too.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is gorgeous, flows nicely, and goes very well with the other names…I hope you pick this one ! Good luck and congratulations!

[name]Marlowe[/name] is definitely more my style

I love [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

I too love surnames for girls…My girls are [name]Winsor[/name] and Chapel. I thought I would throw these out there for you…
[name]Callahan[/name], [name]Emerson[/name], [name]Delancy[/name], [name]Reardon[/name], [name]Everette[/name] (girl), [name]Chandler[/name] (girl), [name]Marine[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Marlowe[/name] with your other names, its spunky, cute and also has meaning. And isn’t the nickname [name]Marley[/name] the sweetest thing? :slight_smile:

This is soooooooooo helping - Wow I’m definitely feeling a sense of direction now.

Keep up the votes and comments ladies - I think my sleepless nights will soon be a thing of the past.

Thanks for all those who have voted or commented already - so so so FANTASTIC!!!

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: Too boyish for my tastes.
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: [name]Lovely[/name]. I could certainly see this working. It would be my second pick of your list.
[name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: This spelling makes me think boy, too. I realize that many people will disagree, but I’m just not a fan.
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I love it, but when I said it with [name]Ellery[/name], for some reason it reminded me of the song [name]Ebony[/name] & [name]Ivory[/name]. That bumps this to fourth place for me.
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I love [name]Beatrice[/name] and think that it would work well with [name]Oliver[/name], although not quite as well with [name]Ellery[/name]. Third place finish.
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I think that this one works really well. It’s a little quirky like [name]Ellery[/name] but not over the top, just enough to have personality. It sounds adorable with your other children. This would be my first pick!
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I am a huge proponent of [name]Jane[/name], but [name]Ellery[/name] kind of sticks out in that sibset.
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: Meh. It’s okay, but I like some of your other options more.

It might just be me, but it bothers me that both [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name] [name]Mae[/name] have three-syllable first names and one-syllable middle names, and then you have chosen [name]Elizabeth[/name] (a gorgeous classic, yes) for this baby’s middle name.

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - [name]Beckett[/name] isn’t unisex in my opinion. It is a boy’s name. So, this is out!

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - This is very pretty, and I like [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]! Again, the middle name issue bothers me, so I’d do [name]Violet[/name] [name]Bess[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Beth[/name].

[name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - [name]Marlowe[/name] just looks awkward to me, especially with the E on the end. It doesn’t look pretty and cute to me, and I think I might prefer it on a dog. However, it fits the English surname bill of [name]Ellery[/name]…

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - This is very pretty, and I love that it has a vowel like [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name], but I don’t like that it ends in the same sound as [name]Ellery[/name]. [name]Just[/name] my opinion…

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - This just doesn’t fit with [name]Ellery[/name] at all in my opinion. I’d say no to this.

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - Completely different style to both [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name], so definitely out in my book!

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - I know a [name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], sibling to [name]Sarah[/name], [name]William[/name], and [name]John[/name], but I don’t see “Plain [name]Jane[/name]” with [name]Ellery[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name], which, though vintage, has a spunk that [name]Jane[/name] doesn’t.

[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - Again, this next to the fresh [name]Ellery[/name] would make me feel sad for the child called [name]Harriet[/name]. No…

So, my favorite is [name]Violet[/name] (but I’d do [name]Violet[/name] [name]Bess[/name]), but I’d maybe be okay with [name]Ivy[/name] or [name]Marlowe[/name], but [name]Marlowe[/name] would be a stretch for me. Have you considered [name]Jocelyn[/name]?

Best wishes!

lemon - you got it. I’m NOT a fan of [name]Elizabeth[/name], I want it to be [name]Bette[/name] or [name]Bess[/name] for that exact reason. I love one syllable middle names. But Hubby will not budge. It is my grandmother’s middle name and his nana’s middle name (who just passed away a couple of months ago) so I can’t fight him too much on this. I just keep bringing up the fact that one syllable middle names sound great with our picks ;O)

When I voted, it was a toss-up between [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] & [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Such pretty names! While mulling them over, I realized both your other children’s names start with vowels… so I voted for [name]Ivy[/name]. It would sound extra nice with the other names… [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Ellery[/name], & [name]Ivy[/name].

You know, [name]Isabel[/name] is a form of [name]Elizabeth[/name], and it sounds excellent with [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name]. It is another vowel name with three-syllables, and this spelling is not near as popular as [name]Isabella[/name] (compare #2 to #96 - [name]Oliver[/name] is #118 for another comparison). I don’t know if you like this name, but you could do this, honor [name]Elizabeth[/name], and still use a one-syllable middle name for your daughter. I’d say [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] are very pretty…

Let me know what you think, and good luck!

I know what it’s like, staying up till midnight, one, two, three o’clock in the morning thinking about names: it drives you (and your hubby) crazy and gives you an AWFUL headache. So instead of taking Aspirin or Tylonol or whatever other headache medicine there is, think about it this way:
So you want to keep [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a MIDDLE name? Ok, keep that in mind, but don’t try to match a name with [name]Elizabeth[/name] FIRST. What are your other kids’ names: [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name] [name]Mae[/name]? (love those by the way) match a name with [name]Oliver[/name], than move onto matching a name with [name]Ellery[/name] . . . THEN match the name from the ones you picked with [name]Ellery[/name], which were also picked from [name]Oliver[/name], with [name]Elizabeth[/name].
Try to do this. It worked with me, although I didn’t have any other kids. . . .
I picked [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], not only because it goes well with [name]Elizabeth[/name], but because [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] sound neat. . . . Thanks, and good luck! :slight_smile: !!

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is lovely.

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: [name]Beckett[/name] is all boy to me.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: sounds like a sentence or a phrase, an [name]Elizabeth[/name] who is [name]Violet[/name]. Also, [name]Violet[/name] is getting so popular, it might not work with [name]Ellery[/name].

[name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I don’t like [name]Marlowe[/name], especially not with this spelling.

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: My second choice, but [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name] seem sort of similiar.

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I don’t like [name]Beatrice[/name] goes with [name]Ellery[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name], and I honestly never understood the name’s appeal at all.

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I think this is perfect. Distinctive just like [name]Ellery[/name] while still being a lovely and beautiful name. FIRST CHOICE

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: seems like [name]Ellery[/name] is the odd one out with [name]Ellery[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], and [name]Jane[/name], right?

[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I don’t like [name]Harriet[/name], sorry.

I hope this helps!

[name]Violet[/name] or [name]Daphne[/name]! <3 [name]Beatrice[/name] is also very nice.

I think the problem is that you have [name]Elizabeth[/name] instead of [name]Eliza[/name] in the mn spot. I think all the names except [name]Ivy[/name] go better with [name]Eliza[/name].
WDYT?

I just read your post re DH’s grandmother but wouldn’t he consider [name]Eliza[/name]?