Sneaking in in 2023

We welcomed our first child, Alberta Agnes Jacob [Surname] last week!

We live in London but we’re Aussie/Canadian. We’d been flirting with names like Rosalind, Adelaide and Fenella but, when she arrived, Albie worked best.

She’s Alberta for the Canadian province / Queen Victoria’s daughter (my middle name is Victoria). And because it gives the nicknames Albie / Bertie / Bidie / Ally.

She’s Agnes because it’s a badass name.

She’s Jacob because it’s my maternal grandfather’s name (and my brothers) and I wanted her to have a link to that side of the family tree too.

We are smitten with Albie!

50 Likes

Congratulations!!! I absolute love the idea of Albie for a girl, and she has such a cool full name!

2 Likes

her name is so cool and meaningful! huge congratulations!!

1 Like

Oh I love this name! [name_f]Alberta[/name_f] (and Agnes) are so underappreciated.

Congratulations! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] [name_u]Albie[/name_u]!

3 Likes

Congratulations! Her name is amazing :heart: & Albie is so cool!!

1 Like

Congratulations! Her name is wonderful and I especially love the nickname [name_u]Albie[/name_u]!

1 Like

She has such a cool name! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! It’s so cool. :heart:

A good, strong Canadian name. [name_u]Albie[/name_u] is adorable!

1 Like

Big congratulations! I love her name.

What an incredibly gorgeous name. Congratulations and a very warm welcome to little miss [name_f]Alberta[/name_f]! What a joy! :heart:

1 Like

I ADORE her name, seriously, [name_f]Alberta[/name_f] and [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] are both incredibly beautiful and so strong for a little girl. Congratulations!!!

1 Like

What a great name! Congratulations on your little girl!

1 Like

What a pretty name! Congratulations :tada:

1 Like

Congratulations!! She has a stunning name, wishing you and your family so much health and happiness!! :green_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! What a strong and beautiful name, and I love the connection to yours :slight_smile:

1 Like

The yank you soooo much everyone! I’ve had so much fun using the forums for inspo, it’s such a lovely community.

(It’s also been really interesting to now hear the thoughts from friends and family on our other fave proposed name, which was [name_f]Fenella[/name_f]. I adore it but absolutely everyone else seems to hate it!)

What a great name! And [name_u]Albie[/name_u] is just the cutest nickname! Congratulations :confetti_ball: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I LOVE Fenella!!!

[name_f]Alberta[/name_f] “Albie” is the cutest nickname!! Congrats!