so many gorgeous names.. so few babies..

expecting twin girls is a bit overwhelming…
naming them is just about impossible…
i want their names to fit well together… but not rhyme. rhyming names for twins drives me insane… my pop and his twin sister are [name]Terry[/name] and [name]Sherry[/name], i went to school with a [name]Mandy[/name] and [name]Brandy[/name]… it’s just silly… they aren’t characters in a Dr. Seuss book…
because they’re twins they’re going to get matching everything… their names should be unique…
here are some of the names i’ve decided that i absolutely love…
not sure how to pair them up for my little girls though…
also, i’m still open to suggestions… so if you have a great idea… throw it out there…

[name]Rowena[/name] [name]Skye[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Crista[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Serenity[/name] [name]Skye[/name] loving this one, but too “out there”??
[name]Katia[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]

thoughts? opinions?

I love them ALL!

so do i… you see my problem??

The first two names sound beautiful together. I would absolute go with:
[name]Rowena[/name] [name]Skye[/name] and [name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Grace[/name] - this name is pretty but its lacking the wow factor of the first two
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Elaine[/name] - seems plain and ordinary after reading the first three. [name]Emily[/name] is super poplular.
[name]Crista[/name] [name]Kate[/name] - this combo is cute, but maybe too cute if that makes sense
[name]Serenity[/name] [name]Skye[/name] loving this one, but too “out there”?? For me…yes
[name]Katia[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] - pretty

[name]Hi[/name], I totally agree that twins should get distinctive names. You have a list of beautiful names, but most of them end in -a. I think it would be nice if the names not only did NOT rhyme, but also were distinctive enough to have distinctive endings.

My favorites on your list are:

[name]Emily[/name] [name]Elaine[/name] is also gorgeous, but [name]Emily[/name] is so popular. I don’t know that I would give one twin a very popular name, and the other a very unusual one. But leaving aside the issue of popularity, I think either [name]Rowena[/name] [name]Skye[/name] or [name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name] would pair well with [name]Emily[/name] [name]Elaine[/name].

I also agree that [name]Serenity[/name] [name]Skye[/name] sounds a bit out there. If you use [name]Serenity[/name], I would definitely pair it with something more conventional. [name]Serenity[/name] [name]Kate[/name]?

Personally, I am not that fond of the name [name]Crista[/name]. Reminds me of [name]Crystal[/name], which feels overused.

Best of luck.

[name]Hi[/name], I totally agree that twins should get distinctive names. You have a list of beautiful names, but most of them end in -a. I think it would be nice if the names not only did NOT rhyme, but also were distinctive enough to have distinctive endings.

My favorites on your list are:

[name]Emily[/name] [name]Elaine[/name] is also gorgeous, but [name]Emily[/name] is so popular. I don’t know that I would give one twin a very popular name, and the other a very unusual one. But leaving aside the issue of popularity, I think either [name]Rowena[/name] [name]Skye[/name] or [name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name] would pair well with [name]Emily[/name] [name]Elaine[/name].

I also agree that [name]Serenity[/name] [name]Skye[/name] sounds a bit out there. If you use [name]Serenity[/name], I would definitely pair it with something more conventional. [name]Serenity[/name] [name]Kate[/name]?

Personally, I am not that fond of the name [name]Crista[/name]. Reminds me of [name]Crystal[/name], which feels overused.

Best of luck.[/quote]

the fact that [name]Crista[/name] sounds like [name]Cristal[/name] was intentional…
i agree that [name]Cristal[/name] is very overused, but i want to honor a family member with each name… [name]Cristal[/name] is my sister…
i love family names… each of the names i chose honors someone in my family… which may be what’s making it so hard to choose…
also… i had considered that most of the names i like ended in -a…
i guess i just like that sound… it’s really feminine to me… and i want my girls to have ultra-feminine names…

Oh, yes, that would make it hard to choose! Have you considered using family surnames as middle names? With a surname, you could honor a branch of the family, without limiting it to one person.

Oh, yes, that would make it hard to choose! Have you considered using family surnames as middle names? With a surname, you could honor a branch of the family, without limiting it to one person.[/quote]

the family surnames are [name]Duke[/name] and [name]Moore[/name] on my side and Wippler and [name]Cooper[/name] on his side… all four of which i dislike as middle names… because i want them to be feminine… and those names just… aren’t…
i could reach back a couple of generations and use Great Great Grandma [name]Viola[/name]'s surname [name]Hadley[/name]… which is a kind of cute girly name… but i don’t really like it all that much…

expecting twin girls is a bit overwhelming…
naming them is just about impossible…
i want their names to fit well together… but not rhyme. rhyming names for twins drives me insane… my pop and his twin sister are [name]Terry[/name] and [name]Sherry[/name], i went to school with a [name]Mandy[/name] and [name]Brandy[/name]… it’s just silly… they aren’t characters in a Dr. Seuss book…
because they’re twins they’re going to get matching everything… their names should be unique…
here are some of the names i’ve decided that i absolutely love…
not sure how to pair them up for my little girls though…
also, i’m still open to suggestions… so if you have a great idea… throw it out there…

[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Crista[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Serenity[/name] [name]Skye[/name] loving this one, but too “out there”??
[name]Katia[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]

Okay, this is what I do when I can’t make up my mind. I take the first two names on the list. I see they are [name]Rowena[/name] and [name]Viola[/name]. I say to myself, do I love [name]Rowena[/name] more or [name]Viola[/name]? In my case, I love [name]Rowena[/name] more. So then I look at the next name on the list. I see [name]Cassandra[/name]. I say to myself, do I love [name]Rowena[/name] more or [name]Cassandra[/name]. Easy, I love [name]Rowena[/name] the most. And so on down the list. But you get to think of two names. So do it twice. And I have to go, but later I’ll come back and think of a list of more names.

omg… dh just thought of another one that i love…
Contessa [name]Marie[/name]!!!
or [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Marie[/name]…
has to be one or the other… can’t be both because i [name]WILL[/name] NOT do rhyming names!!
but WOW i love them both!!

I love [name]Odessa[/name]! It’s beautiful. Contessa sounds like a title (which it is).

[name]Rowena[/name] [name]Skye[/name]-- This is pretty. [name]How[/name] are you pronouncing [name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name]-- [name]Viola[/name] is lovely too.
[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Grace[/name]-- It’s an okay name.
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]-- Very popular
[name]Crista[/name] [name]Kate[/name]-- I’m not a fan
[name]Serenity[/name] [name]Skye[/name]-- It’s too over the top. I like [name]Serena[/name] way better.
[name]Katia[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]-- I love [name]Katia[/name]!

[name]Odessa[/name] is my favorite, followed by [name]Katia[/name], [name]Viola[/name], and [name]Rowena[/name]. I think all four sound beautiful together.

My favorite pairs together are.

[name]Rowena[/name] [name]Skye[/name] and [name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Katia[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] and [name]Christa[/name] - I’d prefer other middles.
[name]Rowena[/name] and [name]Odessa[/name]
Names I think would make great twins using some of your choices.

[name]Cassandra[/name] and [name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Serenity[/name] and [name]Callista[/name]
[name]Christa[/name] and [name]Lauren[/name]

I just love this twinset it has all the best elements of great naming imo, femininity, flow, wow factor.

I would definitely settle on this set.

Let us know when your twins are born.

[name]Rowena[/name] [name]Skye[/name] is absolutely gorgeous! I would probably pair that with [name]Crista[/name] [name]Kate[/name]…which is also gorgeous!

[name]EDIT[/name]: Changing my mind…[name]Rowena[/name] and [name]Odessa[/name] is an AMAZING combo!

I am also expecting twins and know how you feel. Its extremely hard to name them!

[name]Rowena[/name] [name]Skye[/name]-- eh… is it [name]ROE[/name]-win-nah or roe-WEEN-nah? I think the first one is “ok”, but the second I dont like at all. I can see teasing potential WEEN-nah.
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name]-- ok
[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Grace[/name]-- second safest.
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]-- safest choice.
[name]Crista[/name] [name]Kate[/name]-- not for me. [name]Christa[/name] [name]Cate[/name] or [name]Krista[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. Something about the C-K with both of them having a hard C/K sound bothers me
[name]Serenity[/name] [name]Skye[/name]-- do not like together.
[name]Katia[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]-- I like [name]Katia[/name] but would like it better with another mn.

Good luck!

how about viola belle & emily skye?:slight_smile:

Some lovely names!
[name]Rowena[/name] [name]Skye[/name] - I don’t really like [name]Rowena[/name], but the combination works very well.
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name] - I love this.
[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Grace[/name] - I love this one too.
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Elaine[/name] I don’t like the two Es together, but both the names are lovely
[name]Crista[/name] [name]Kate[/name] - I am also not a great fan of [name]Crista[/name]. It sounds less classical than your other choices, but I do like the family connection. Would you consider [name]Cristabelle[/name] or [name]Christine[/name]/a?
[name]Serenity[/name] [name]Skye[/name] loving this one, but too “out there”?? - I think using [name]Serenity[/name] for a twin is problematic, because to “match” you then have to use another word name or virtue name and then it’s too matchy. But I do really like a previous poster’s suggestion of [name]Serenity[/name] [name]Kate[/name].
[name]Katia[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] - I love this, but have you thought of [name]Katerina[/name]?
[name]Odessa[/name]/Contessa [name]Marie[/name] - I prefer [name]Odessa[/name], but to me it’s a bit [name]Bond[/name] Girl

[name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name] is my favourite. I LOVED a pp’s suggestion of [name]Emily[/name] [name]Skye[/name] with [name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name]. They work beautifully together. My other top choice of combo from your names above is [name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name]. I like how they’re classical names with history, and then with simple, very contemporary middle names.

Some more ideas:
[name]Rowena[/name] [name]Skye[/name] and…
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Kate[/name] ([name]Rowena[/name] means “famous friend” and [name]Bellamy[/name] means “fine friend”)
[name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] ([name]Rowena[/name] and [name]Rebecca[/name] are both characters in [name]Ivanhoe[/name])
[name]Marion[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (another [name]Ivanhoe[/name] connection, since [name]Robin[/name] Hood is one of the characters)

[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and…
[name]Helen[/name] [name]Skye[/name]
[name]Katerina[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Christina[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

[name]Christa[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and…
[name]Lexi[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Amber[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Serenity[/name] [name]Skye[/name]/[name]Serenity[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and… (Based on what I said above, I thought I would try to find names that mean something similar to [name]Serenity[/name] and see if they fit)
[name]Freda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (peaceful)
[name]Frederica[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (peaceful ruler)
[name]Pacifica[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (tranquil)
[name]Salome[/name] [name]Belle[/name] (peace)
[name]Naima[/name] [name]Belle[/name] (tranquility)

[name]Katia[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] and…
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Alba[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Annika[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Giulia[/name] [name]Skye[/name]
[name]Nadia[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!