Sofie

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]

I have always liked [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] as a name even before I started looking at names. I looked up [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] today on here and came across the spelling [name_f]Sofie[/name_f]. Now I am unsure if [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] is even a legitimate spelling as I have never seen it before. My personal taste in names are normally names which are quite popular with an unusual spelling. For example [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Elinor[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. I would use [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] and [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. So I would like to know if [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] is a legitimate spelling. What I mean by legitimate spelling is a spelling that has not just been invented but a spelling that has been around at least a hundred years. So what do you guys think?

As a bonus do you like the spelling [name_f]Sofie[/name_f]?

Thanks.

It seems to be a Dutch or [name_m]German[/name_m] variation of [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] so I think it’s legitimate :slight_smile:

I do like [name_f]Sofie[/name_f]. It has a softer, gentler feel and look than [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]

I’m Dutch and it’s a very common spelling here! I prefer it to [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], actually :slight_smile:

It sounds like [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] is great choice for you! I like it.

Yes, it’s legitimate. Where I live it’s the most common spelling.

Thank you. It’s good to know [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] is a legitimate spelling. Any opinions on the spelling itself?

I think it’s great