Soft/Feminine boy names?

Hello! I’ve been stuck when it come to boy names for awhile and really want to expand my list. I’m drawn to softer, a tad more feminine boy names such as [name_m]Sebastien[/name_m] nn [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] & [name_u]Eden[/name_u] which are the only two names I actually love at the moment. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

[name_f]TIA[/name_f]!

1 Like

I really love this category!

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_u]Gale[/name_u] / [name_u]Gael[/name_u] / [name_u]Galen[/name_u]
[name_u]Alva[/name_u]
[name_f]Beryl[/name_f]
[name_f]Lark[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_m]Vanya[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_u]Sequoia[/name_u] / [name_u]Sequoyah[/name_u]
[name_m]Oriol[/name_m]
[name_m]Ansel[/name_m]
[name_u]Sorrel[/name_u]

[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Eben[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Stefan[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Finian[/name_m]/[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Lowell[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Jago[/name_m]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_m]Sean[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]

Here’s a link to a blog article on this site which lists some “softer” male names.

1 Like

What do you mean by “more feminine”? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you mean “softer” boy names, or unisex names, or actual girl names that could be used on boys?

[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]
[name_u]Bryn[/name_u]/[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_u]Casey[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u]
[name_u]Cary[/name_u]
[name_u]Dana[/name_u]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Fallon[/name_u]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_u]Kerry[/name_u]
[name_u]Page[/name_u]
[name_u]Shea[/name_u]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]

@nono I like [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], [name_u]Asa[/name_u], & [name_u]Sequoia[/name_u]! I probably wouldn’t use any as first though which is the problem I’m running into, not loving anything enough to consider a first.

@kirstenlouise [name_u]Sage[/name_u]! I can’t believe I forgot about the gorgeous [name_u]Sage[/name_u]! Thanks for suggesting that one! [name_u]Seth[/name_u], [name_m]Stefan[/name_m], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_m]Miles[/name_m], [name_m]Jago[/name_m], & [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] are all fantastic.

@collmcc523 I definitely checked out that post, love it!

Keep the suggestions coming! I’d love some unheard of girl names that could slip it’s way onto the boys side like [name_u]Dagny[/name_u] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]. Those are two I’ve always kinda liked, but of course, can’t see myself using.

All the above really. I’m bad at describing names but I tend to prefer boy names that lean on the side of gender-bending. I don’t really like the popular unisex names for boys(except for [name_u]Madison[/name_u] and [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]) but your definitely on the right track as far as what i’m looking for with [name_u]Jesse[/name_u], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], & of course [name_u]Eden[/name_u]. I want something more unusual that would “fit” with my girls. I hope that helps.

A few more - I like [name_u]Val[/name_u] as a full name for a boy. Or [name_u]Vale[/name_u]. I think that [name_u]Marlow[/name_u] or [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] would work well on boys as well.

[name_m]Tobiah[/name_m] or [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], Historically, [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] and [name_u]Toby[/name_u] was first used for women, then men, but, now it is more common on boys and rarely used for girls.
[name_u]Colby[/name_u]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] or just [name_m]Vince[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_u]Niko[/name_u] pronounced as Knee-co
[name_u]Alex[/name_u]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowen[/name_u]
[name_u]Blaine[/name_u] or [name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m] or [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_u]Shaun[/name_u], [name_u]Shane[/name_u], [name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_u]Bailey[/name_u], [name_u]Brett[/name_u]! or [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_u]Taylor[/name_u], [name_u]Tyler[/name_u], [name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_u]Kyle[/name_u], [name_m]Kylan[/name_m], [name_m]Rye[/name_m], [name_u]Rylan[/name_u], or [name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_m]Jayce[/name_m], [name_u]Jesse[/name_u], [name_m]Joshua[/name_m], [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
In my opinion, these are soft, but it is not factual in regards to what boys names are soft versus more masculine…
Others…
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u], [name_u]Devin[/name_u], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_u]Bray[/name_u], [name_m]Keith[/name_m], [name_m]Kent[/name_m]
[name_u]Pax[/name_u], [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], [name_m]Park[/name_m], Parklan
[name_f]Lark[/name_f], [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Leighton[/name_u]! pronounced as [name_m]LAYton[/name_m], at least how I say it
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] …[name_m]LOCKlynn[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m], [name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m], [name_u]Chris[/name_u], [name_m]Christian[/name_m]

My boy’s name is [name_m]Orlo[/name_m]. I think that’s a soft name.

I find it interesting that you like masculine names for girls ([name_m]Judah[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u]) yet you are looking for more “feminine” names for girls! I was actually going to suggest [name_m]Judah[/name_m] for a boy name until I noticed it in your signature for a girl!

Sorry for repeats…

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_u]Lyle[/name_u]
[name_m]Basil[/name_m]
[name_u]Jamie[/name_u]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_u]Ira[/name_u]
[name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_m]Cale[/name_m]
[name_m]Uriah[/name_m]
[name_m]Moss[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_u]Skylar[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Lane[/name_u]
[name_u]Shea[/name_u]/[name_u]Shay[/name_u]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_m]Hart[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]

[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]

[name_m]Iolo[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]
[name_m]Denis[/name_m]
[name_u]Casey[/name_u]
[name_u]Devin[/name_u]
[name_m]Eamon[/name_m]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_m]Darragh[/name_m]
[name_m]Ty[/name_m]
[name_m]Anders[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]

@silah Haha yeah I know my taste is a bit backwards as far as that goes! I absolutely love [name_m]Hart[/name_m]! So many of these names I’ve had on my list but seeing someone else suggest them is I guess making it click. [name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_m]Beau[/name_m], [name_m]Cale[/name_m], [name_u]Skylar[/name_u](I prefer [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]), & [name_u]Micah[/name_u].

@hardertobreath While not a fan of [name_u]Everett[/name_u] it did remind me of [name_u]Everest[/name_u], I’ve seen it in the media for girls but it’s always been a name I liked. I think [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is nice though.

Speaking of [name_m]Cale[/name_m], I’ve been liking the idea of [name_m]Caelan[/name_m] nn [name_m]Cael[/name_m] since I really love both names but could never fully commit to [name_m]Cael[/name_m] as a full name. My only problem is [name_m]Caelan[/name_m] is used by mostly girls with various spelling and even though I love it the trendy feel it gives makes me standoffish. Usually this doesn’t bother me but I just wanted to get others opinions on this. Also thoughts on [name_u]Everest[/name_u]?

The only suggestion I can make that hasn’t been mentioned yet would be [name_u]Leighton[/name_u], I know a boy by this name and he wears it well.
I really like the suggestions of [name_m]Beau[/name_m], [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] and [name_u]Everest[/name_u] is an awesome name [name_f]IMO[/name_f]

What about [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]?

Also [name_u]Leland[/name_u] nn [name_u]Lee[/name_u] or just plain [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. I met a cool family with a little boy named [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. Very awesome kid. He wore the name well.

@spring13 I really like [name_m]Anders[/name_m]! [name_m]Simon[/name_m] is handsome as well.

I’m not a fan of [name_u]Leighton[/name_u]/[name_u]Lee[/name_u] but I love [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]! To bad I have two close family members called [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] so it doesn’t feel that usable for me.

Again thank you so much to everyone! My boy list is finally coming together bit by bit. :slight_smile:

Also thought of these…
[name_m]Aries[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_m]Saul[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_u]Gene[/name_u]
Merit
[name_m]Olsen[/name_m]
[name_m]Leif[/name_m]
[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_m]Davis[/name_m]
[name_u]Dale[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Harris[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]

Hmm, your style intrigues me! In that [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is definitely a boys’ name, somewhat sensitive and cultured and academic, but still masculine. And [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]/[name_u]Sacha[/name_u]/[name_u]Sascha[/name_u] is definitely still unisex/gender-ambiguous for me, thanks to [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_m]Baron[/name_m] [name_m]Cohen[/name_m] and the whole use of it as a Russian nn for a boy. But then you have [name_m]Judah[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] on your girls’ list, and that totally blows my mind, because [name_m]Judah[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] come across as soft, sensitive boys’ names to me!

I would have suggested something along the lines of [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]/[name_u]Addison[/name_u]/[name_u]Harper[/name_u]/[name_u]Avery[/name_u], but now I’m honestly not sure what’s feminine and what’s masculine-soft-semi-feminine, if that makes sense, haha!