❗ Some Changes to Forums Categories

Seconded! I think this would be great for people that just want to click through polls rather than type out detailed discussions. I find polls get lost a bit if the OP doesn’t state it is a poll in the title.

3 Likes

sorry to bother! are you still planning on this happening on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]? just wanted to make sure I still had the time today to go through posts before they’re gone forever!

1 Like

this also might be nice for polls that are very long or users who wants to do multiple polls at once! I know sometimes people complain that the polls in the quick poll thread aren’t exactly quick :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I’ll try to complete this tomorrow (UK time). So you have another 12 hours or so at least!

1 Like

thank you so much!!

Oh, well, thank you! I admit Nameberry does feel very different from when I joined these forums but all things must evolve, I suppose. :slight_smile: And I guess that’s a valid point, it worked fine WITHOUT Everything but Names for years… I did like it as an addition, though!

And that’s definitely valid, looking out for the younger members is so important and it’s great that Nameberry is prioritizing that! And there is always the Lounge as well, I suppose. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i can’t believe i didn’t notice this before! i was just coming back today to talk to the teenberries about my exam subject options :sweat_smile:. but all in all this is understandable in general as this is a forum about names not teens talking :sweat_smile:. still quite sad to not have a place to talk with the teenberries. i was first here for the names but after a while i stopped having the passion for them but it was still lovely to come back and have a chat with all the other teenberries once in a while. anyways if anyone knows the discord server name im very interested

3 Likes

Here’s the link for the server, it’s also in a post! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I rarely engaged in Everything but Names, so I didn’t care much about that change.

I really appreciate the creation of Name Advice as a separate category. These are the posts I enjoy engaging with most, and sometimes they got lost in the other categories with all the “name 5 daughters with my list” and all those sorts of posts. So thank you!

1 Like

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] you like the changes!

You may already know about this, but most of the “Name 5 daughters” type posts you mention are in the #general-name-discussion:bandwagon subcategory.

If you mute that subcategory using the bell icon at the top (desktop) or bottom (mobile), you will see many fewer of those type of posts.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

1 Like

if anyone is interested i have previously made a chatroom sort of page for name nerds which is tlk.io / namenerds and you may use it as you please as a replacement for ebn :heart: