Some new combo's I'm considering...

New to posting here but was recomended by a member on another site!

I’ve got a pretty set top 5 girls names; [name]Arabella[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name], [name]Tabitha[/name] & [name]Jemima[/name].

But I’d like your opinions on these names…

[name]Saffron[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Reina[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Ava[/name]
[name]Pandora[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ava[/name] / [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Roni[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Esther[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Alice[/name] (Or just [name]Hattie[/name]? Does [name]Hattie[/name] work on its own?)

WDYT?

You can swap and change the combo’s if you can think of something better or offer any suggestions!

[name]Elizabeth[/name]! (It’s [name]Ash[/name]/thelionandthebelle from PC…) [name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry, hehe. I think you’ll honestly love it here… PC’s name forum has slowed down SO much, and I think you’ll love the atmosphere around here. :slight_smile:

I love all these, honestly… and I love that you’re considering [name]Pandora[/name] [name]Alice[/name] again! Are you wanting an even top 10? I would add [name]Lilah[/name], [name]Pandora[/name], [name]Esther[/name], and [name]Saffron[/name] to your list for sure… I like your combos as they are, but you’d repeat [name]Alice[/name] several times that way. If you want an even 10, I would add [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Alice[/name], too. I wouldn’t use [name]Hattie[/name] on its own, but then again, I’ve never been keen on just nicknames. If you just want to use [name]Alice[/name] just once, I would do [name]Pandora[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Winter[/name], [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (I don’t know if you’re a [name]Kate[/name] fan or not, but I think [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is adorable), [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Roni[/name] (for your grandpa, right?), and [name]Esther[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Olive[/name].

[name]Elizabeth[/name], I didn’t know you were on PC? I’m also on PC! Small world! I don’t use it so much any more either cause as [name]Ashley[/name] said, its a little bit slow.

[name]Saffron[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] Beautiful. I love the nn Saffie/Saffy, and [name]Valentina[/name] is sounds beautiful when said aloud. [name]Ruby[/name] is a little popular but absolutely fine as a middle name.
[name]Reina[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Ava[/name] I don’t like [name]Reina[/name], but [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Ava[/name] is gorgeous. One of my own recent favourites is [name]Madelina[/name].
[name]Pandora[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Winter[/name] [name]Pandora[/name] is so sweet and pretty, but I think it might be a guilty pleasure. I love [name]Alice[/name], its on my own list. [name]Winter[/name] is delightful.
[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ava[/name] / [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Alice[/name] I only like [name]Lilah[/name] if its a nn for [name]Delilah[/name]. If not, I prefer plainer [name]Lila[/name]. [name]Both[/name] combos are beautiful but I prefer [name]Lilah[/name] Jospehine [name]Alice[/name].
[name]Roni[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Adele[/name] [name]Roni[/name] is quite masculine, so I’m not sure about it as a girls name. I’ve never really like [name]Francesca[/name]. [name]Adele[/name] is okay.
[name]Esther[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Alice[/name] Not a fan of [name]Esther[/name], its still to middle aged and dated for me. [name]Love[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Alice[/name] though!
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Alice[/name] (Or just [name]Hattie[/name]? Does [name]Hattie[/name] work on its own?) Stunning.

My favorite is [name]Saffron[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] [name]Ruby[/name].

I don’t know what PC is but welcome to Nameberry anyways :slight_smile:

[name]Saffron[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] - This is really pretty, I like [name]Saffron[/name] but I would prefer [name]Valentina[/name] in the FN spot
[name]Reina[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Ava[/name] -[name]LOVE[/name]!!! [name]Just[/name] stunning!!
[name]Pandora[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Winter[/name] - [name]Pandora[/name] is sweet, that is what makes our dance shoes at our studio so I could never use it though
[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ava[/name] / [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Alice[/name] - [name]Both[/name] are gorgeous! I think I slightly prefer [name]Ava[/name] though but either would make a lovely choice
[name]Roni[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Adele[/name] - [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Adele[/name] is lovely but [name]Roni[/name] really clashes with it and the rest of this list [name]IMO[/name]
[name]Esther[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Alice[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name]! I would prefer [name]Penelope[/name] in the FN spot but just because I like it more
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Alice[/name] - I think [name]Hattie[/name] is a little nicknamey but I prefer it to [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Harriet[/name] seems mauve-tinted and stuffy to me

Best Wishes :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] all your top five but of the others I only like [name]Lilah[/name] and not as much as any of the others.

lol, [name]Lindsay[/name], PC is short for parentsconnect… it’s pretty much just another baby name site, with a bit more emphasis on parenting. They only have one name forum, and a name game forum, but the rest is more emphasized on TTC, pregnancy, parenting, debates, etc. Whereas there’s like 5 name forums on here, lol. It’s actually a really awesome site, sponsored by Nickelodeon (I think–I know it’s affiliated with Nickelodeon, but I’m not sure to what degree). But the naming forum has been getting less and less traffic continually, which is why I think a lot of them are coming over here. Nameberry is a lot like what PC was like when I first joined there, almost 3 years ago.

Parents Connect…lol. I don’t like the style there since they bought out baby names world.

Anywho:

[name]Saffron[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] - I like the flow and the names separately, but [name]Saffron[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] together is a lot of red.
[name]Reina[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Ava[/name] - I think [name]Ava[/name] is neat in the middle and I adore [name]Madeleine[/name].
[name]Pandora[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Winter[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]. It’s eclectic and a bit whimsical.
[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ava[/name] / [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Alice[/name] - I love both combos, but I slightly prefer [name]Alice[/name] here.
[name]Roni[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Adele[/name] - I dislike [name]Roni[/name], but it would be a nice nickname for [name]Veronica[/name]. [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Adelle[/name] would be pretty
[name]Esther[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Alice[/name] - love! and I;m not even a huge fan of [name]Esther[/name].
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Alice[/name] - I prefer [name]Hattie[/name] over [name]Harriet[/name], and [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is stunning, though I usually go for full names.

It used to be [name]Baby[/name] Names world. That’s where I got my start in naming when I was 14 and they really shaped my style. When they were bought out by Parents Connect, the type of people who started posting had a way different style than the original site and a lot of them left. I don’t care for the parenting forums over there, either. I like [name]Baby[/name] Gaga for that sort of thing, though I know a lot of people don’t because they don’t kiss your behind.

LOL OK, I never ran across that one before and I have seen a lot, I guess it just stayed under my radar :slight_smile:

Yeah, I know. I’m not exactly sure when PC bought out BNW, but I joined in the fall of 2008, which it sounds like that was just when PC was getting started. Maybe a few months before then, idk. I think there are a lot of great things about the site, but I do wish the style of BNW would have lingered… I always heard it was such a great community and the name-loving aspect of the site is practically gone.

I agree with this. PC was actually the very first name forum I ever joined. I joined in [name]May[/name] of last year, when I started to really think about naming my DD who was due to be born in [name]September[/name]. I did really like it for a while…But its really slow, inconvenient to navigate and I just stopped going on. I do still visit from time to time, but I much prefer here.
I moderate another baby name forum too, so I use that a lot. Its from that forum that I know [name]Elizabeth[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry! of your current top 5 i love: [name]Arabella[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] & [name]Tabitha[/name]

I love:
[name]Pandora[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Winter[/name] -very pretty and classic feel
[name]Esther[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Alice[/name] - really feeling [name]Esther[/name] at the moment myself too. [name]Penelope[/name] is adorabel too
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Alice[/name] - i think [name]Hattie[/name] can stand on it’s own, however i much prefer [name]Harriet[/name], one of my favourites and the full name combo is perfect as it is [name]IMO[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Ash[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] and everybody else, thanks for the welcome and suggestion to come over onto this site. It’s always very busy on here, which is great!

I almost really miss the format of BNW, it was so much better than PC. I first joined there when I was about 17 years old, if I remeber correctly and boy, did I have a bad taste in names lol! PC has definitely slowed, not as much action on there at all recently.

Thanks for the reviews and I am so happy about the response to [name]Pandora[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Winter[/name]; I think I’m actually in love with this combo!

[name]Roni[/name] is for my grandpa, who I love dearly, and his name is [name]Ronald[/name]. However, I am honouring him through my boys combo [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Beau[/name] as my grandparents last name contains ‘[name]Beau[/name]’ so I guess I honour 2 people in 1 there? So I don’t really need [name]Roni[/name] on my list, although I do love it and I so wish it was my name - my parents did consider but then went with [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Roni[/name] would have suited me so much more! This is a little bit of a stretch and I don’t think many will like it but I did once consider [name]Saffron[/name] with the nn [name]Roni[/name] and it might just be me that uses it, while others call her Saffy but this way I get to have my little [name]Roni[/name] - wdyt?

I think I am definitely wanting to add [name]Pandora[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Winter[/name] to my list and therefore don’t really want to use [name]Alice[/name] again so what do you think of these slight changes…

[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Carys[/name] / [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Adele[/name] / [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name] / [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] ____ (???)
[name]Esther[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Carys[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Adele[/name] / [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Eve[/name] (any other ideas are welcome!)

Thanks!

I think [name]Saffron[/name], nn [name]Roni[/name], is the perfect way to honor your grandfather! If you want to honor him twice and get to use [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Beau[/name]. Then again, if I used all my combos I’d probably honor my grandmother five times, lol, so I don’t think it matters terribly. As for [name]Roni[/name]… I know you love it so much but rarely get great reviews… I met a girl named [name]Roni[/name] over the summer–did I happen to tell you? I was meaning to, but I can’t remember if I did. I thought of you straightaway, and I was actually really impressed… I didn’t expect to be, but I don’t know, it felt familiar and good and it suited her SO well! She was probably in her early twenties, smart, sweet, pretty, poised. I have a pretty good image when I think of it now, and I think [name]Saffron[/name], nn [name]Roni[/name], is just perfect for you. And as you said, people could still call her [name]Saffron[/name]/Saffy…

I’m glad you liked [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name]! I think it’s so sweet and I’m considering [name]Lila[/name] as an alternative to the nn [name]Lily[/name] I’ve always used for [name]Liliana[/name]. [name]Esther[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Carys[/name] is lovely, as well, and I love [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Eve[/name]! So pretty. Hadn’t you considered [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Molly[/name] [name]Rose[/name] a [name]LONG[/name] time ago? I thought I saw it on PC somewhere and was always impressed, despite the fact that I’m generally less-than-impressed with both [name]Molly[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]! I think [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Molly[/name] would be really cute.

And now that my interest has been piqued, do you know when the PC boards first started? All this discussion has me curious, lol.

[name]Saffron[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]- I do like [name]Saffron[/name]. Decadent, reminds me of a sort of impoverished bohemian British aristocrat! However, I think its a little much having three such flamboyant names together. [name]How[/name] about [name]Saffron[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], or maybe [name]Saffron[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]?
[name]Reina[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Ava[/name]- I’m not a fan of [name]Reina[/name], sounds a bit like a brand name to me, rather than a baby name. I think [name]Madeleine[/name] is gorgeous in the middle spot, whilst I can kinda find it a little common in the first name spot.
[name]Pandora[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Winter[/name]- This is beautiful. Could find no fault if I tried! Perfect
[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ava[/name] / [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Alice[/name]- I prefer [name]Lila[/name] spelled like this. Find it a little fresher. Has such a pretty sound though, either way. I prefer the latter combination, as it feels more finished somehow. Maybe because the two names ending in ‘a’ feel a little sing song? I’m just nitpicking though really as both sound beaut!
[name]Roni[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Adele[/name]- Have never heard this before…how is it pronounced? It looks a little slangy and nicknamey for my taste, but v inventive anyway. [name]Francesca[/name] is nice and lively for the middle spot. Not a fan of [name]Adele[/name]- seems a little plain and frilly to me.
[name]Esther[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Alice[/name]- Another utterly faultless combination. I wouldn’t have thought of putting these names together but they are made for one another. Graceful, beautiful. Yes!
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Alice[/name]- Like this combination too. Old-fashioned but now fresh again. Obviously I love [name]Harriet[/name] (I wouldn’t recommend using [name]Hattie[/name] as a full name. It is so nicknamey). Really attractive choices of name here.

You have great taste

harrietsmummy x