Son has a middle name idea

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to all the help we got here we finally decided on a first name for our daughter due in just ten days. [name_f]Evelina[/name_f], fit the uncommon factor for me and all the things my husband wanted too.

However now we need a middle name. I like [name_u]Jean[/name_u] because my grandmother passed last month and this was her name. As well it’s my own middle name so idk if that would be weird. While my husband likes it, one of my boys likes the name [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

Normally I wouldn’t consider any name they suggest because my twins are six and the names have all been book characters. However, this is the first name my son came up with because he genuinely feels it’s pretty and he is so proud of himself. I hadn’t realized how much thought he put into it. He keeps asking if we have thought about it and how pretty it would be for baby sister. I don’t want to break his heart or discourage a bond between them but also I don’t really like the names together.

2 Likes

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is really pretty to me and I like the story, but if you don’t like it I wouldn’t use it.

Maybe you could get your son some sort of toy or doll for the day the baby is born and name it [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] for him?

9 Likes

Are you open to a double middle name? [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] sounds beautiful to me. [name_u]Or[/name_u] you could try something similar - [name_u]Rory[/name_u], Aury, for similar sounds or for similar meaning [name_f]Luna[/name_f] or [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. If that just doesn’t work for you, your son might be temporarily upset but once he meets his sister it’ll probably disappear rapidly.

5 Likes

I like the idea of Evelina Aurora Jean, I think that’s gorgeous! But if you only want one middle name, I’d probably do Evelina Jean. Your son is really young, I’m sure he’d get over Aurora not being used in a matter of days- or hours.

6 Likes

I love [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] would be very special too. I think it’s very sweet he’s invested enough to help and it makes for an adorable story later on: she was named for her great grandmother (and for you) AND for her brother. So sweet.

1 Like

I definitely support the suggestion of using [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] or [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]! Either one is so beautiful and meaningful.

1 Like

I like the family connection and meaning behind [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u].

1 Like

I’m sure that is a tough spot to be in. I think that if you tell him that [name_u]Jean[/name_u] is after great grandma and that you would use his choice otherwise it might be ok.

1 Like